Author Topic: wanted to rescue 2 siamese cats  (Read 81882 times)

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
Re: wanted to rescue 2 siamese cats
« Reply #106 on: December 15, 2007, 23:05:05 PM »
Keeping everything crossed for these two  :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #105 on: December 15, 2007, 18:01:31 PM »
I do hope they prove your vet wrong, fingers crossed for them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2007, 17:59:00 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: to you all, from all of us here.  We hope so much that they will be ok.  We love them so much and it breaks our hearts, they don't deserve this, and all they want is love and fuss, and a good home.  We can give them all of that, and we are giving them all of that, I just wish i could find a magic wand and wave it over them to make them better.

can't thank you all enough, and of course we will keep you all updated as soon as we get the results and some sort of news.

When I came home from work today and read your messages, it made me cry (softie or what).  It is so nice to know that you are all feeling this with us!

Thank you

Jackie, John, Simba & Coco
xxxx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2007, 15:28:25 PM »
I am very sorry to hear this news but hope that your excellent vets and your loving care will win out

:hug: to Simba, Coco you and your family.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »
oh Jackie we send you healing vibes from here, and pray that the blood results are noting serious. They are young cats and with your love and care i hope they feel better soon.

Its really hard when you have poorly cats, it just break your heart when they are not well.

Lots of love and :hug: :hug:. Pav

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2007, 11:42:58 AM »
 :( ahh so sorry to hea Simba and Coco are still poorly and undiagnosed.  Fingers crossed they will pull through OK.  Sending lots of love, healing vibes and head rubs to the babies and a big  :hug: to you and John.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2007, 10:50:24 AM »
Oh dear that is not good news and please lets hope they have just erred on the side of cautionness and that Simba and Coco will be OK with some treatment  :hug: :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2007, 07:15:57 AM »
Oh Jackie - that was not the news you wanted to hear ... :hug: :hug: all our fingers toes and paws crossed here. Do keep us informed won't you. :hug: :hug:

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2007, 07:11:30 AM »
 :'( poo results were clear and so they had blood tests on Thursday.  They are 2 poorly pussy cats I'm afraid.  They had to be given a steroid injection to ease their breathing, and now they are on antibiotics.  They are still pooing like crazy and now weeing for England :'( :'(.  Poor little babies, heaven knows how long this (whatever it is) has been going on.  Unfortunately our vet has told us, that whatever it is, it does not look good. They are excellent at our practice though and always seem to go one step beyond, if you know what I mean.  Just waiting for the results of the blood tests.  Will let you know as soon as we get it.

Thanks for asking.  Please send some healing vibes for them.

Very sad house at present.

Jackie, John, Simba and Coco
xxxx

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2007, 23:13:35 PM »
Have you got the results yet?

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2007, 19:06:16 PM »
Simba and Coco are still the same, been a bit quiet for last couple of days and no poo results yet.  Going for blood tests tomorrow...please keep your fingers and toes crossed for the little cherrubs :Luv: :hug: :hug:
will keep you posted.

xxxx

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2007, 18:20:47 PM »
here a couple of links to the sensitivity control food.

http://www.bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/search_results.asp?search_type=&start_record=50&search=&sort=&sec=117&snum=25

http://www.animalmedicines.co.uk/product.php?productid=1012

Hope their tums get sorted soon, bless their little hearts xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2007, 17:39:45 PM »
Hi all,

sorry no pikkies yet (dunno what I'm doing). Dim whit or what!! :rofl:

Simba and Coco are a bit quiet today, too much excitement this week maybe??They are still coughing and pooing though and they do look bright enough.  We are monitoring them very closely, and they are very talkative now(its fab).
Hopefully hear some news form the vets regarding their samples tomorrow. (I'm going to phone them in the morning anyway).  So will keep you posted ;D

love
Jackie, John, Simba and Coco  ;D ;D ;D ;D
xxxx

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #93 on: December 07, 2007, 19:53:30 PM »
 ;D thanks for that.  They have been bouncing around like a couple of loonies today, poor John looks worn out,  :rofl: ( i got the easy part, i been at work all day) :rofl:. When I got home and went upstairs I shouted "mummy's home" and they greeted me with a little chorus :briggin:.  They are eating well and pooing well too ha ha, but bright as buttons.  No word on samples yet, but will let you now when we do.  Still having difficulty finding the right spot to poo in though (not using trays, well, only for wee wees) not to worry though, we will get there ;D
Thanks for the help with food etc.
catch you later

Jackie, John, Simba & Coco
xxxx ;D ;D ;D ;D

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #92 on: December 07, 2007, 11:14:39 AM »
Probably best get get them on the sensitivity pouches for 2 or 3 weeks give ther tums time to settle. it is expensieve nearly £6 a box from the vets but if you go on line to the petpharmacy they are a tad cheaper.

Then gradually wean them on to 'normal' food. These babes are stunning, you are so lucky Jackie. I love their faces such pretty babes. xxxxxxxxx

I'll have a look at lunch time and see if I can find the link.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2007, 21:26:12 PM »
Gail, they've been on the James Wellbeloved and the Royal Canin Sensitive that you and Pav kindly sent over  :hug:  I'd bought them some of the Hill's Recovery food when I first took them over to Dawn's but they did start to go off it a little bit but when I gave them the Royal Canin Sensitive at Jackie's, they went loopy for it   :evillaugh:  I'm sure they'll get there in the end, they had a lot going on the last couple of weeks so a dicky tummy is to be expected really.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2007, 19:56:09 PM »
OHhhhhhhhhhh Jackie they sound absolutly adorable.

Have they been on Royal Canin Sensitivity Control food? it sorted Zebedee's tum/bum out. I so hope these little darlings get sorted, and start to put weight on. Poor little mites.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2007, 18:35:36 PM »
I am sure that once their tummies get sorted they will put on weight fine and do hope that will be soon  :hug:

I know the problem about great escapes after having two birmans shut in various rooms when they first arrived. One of them scratched up the carpet behind the door so I couldnt get in and they yelled all the time........but all they wanted to do was get to the bedroom and they almost live in it now  ;D

They had been shut out of the house and lived in a garage before coming here and one lives on my bed and sleeps with me now  ;D

I do hope Simba and Coco settle down and once they are happy and well again they are going to be monsters  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2007, 18:30:00 PM »
 :) Hi everyone,

Just got back from Vets, poo results not in yet, but feel better for having them checked over, they both have ear mites :( so got some drops for that and worming them as well, our vet says she doesn't think it is anything sinister....but will have to wait for results to be sure).  Our Vet was sad to see them so thin, and she took Simba to weigh him, bless, poor little man only weighs 2 kg (not good for a puss puss at 15 months old really) NO WORRIES, we will soon have him a little bruiser ;D and her  ;D.
They were as good as gold in the car and we sang a little song their and back :rofl:.  Happy as larry now, back in their living quarters although Coco pleaded with John to have another little look around the house :rofl:
going for some more fusses now.

more later

purrs and tummy rubs from
us
xxxx ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2007, 08:56:55 AM »
Aw bless them, they waaay too clever  :naughty:

Hope all goes well at the vets today, and they can find a solution to the runny bums  :hug:

Keep us posted
x

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2007, 07:39:30 AM »
 :rofl: well, you will choose to own one of the more intelligent breeds  :rofl: :rofl: little pets - as you say, they were probably plotting all night  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2007, 07:14:14 AM »
 :Crazy: :shocked: :shocked: wasn't ready for that this morning.  6am stood outside their bedroom and could hear them both yelling.  Went in as usual armed with fresh towels, food, etcetc.  Just as I opened the door....only a couple of inches mind....and whoosh!! 2 bodies made the great escape....It was like something from a carry on film :rofl: they had obviously been plotting in the night and come up with a great escape plan :rofl:.
Anyway all secure again now, but I'm not surprised they wanted out...pooey of WHAT!.  It seems Simba is dripping again (no change of diet or anything)??? both still bright, wanting fuss and love (and getting plenty of all that).  Think we may have a trip to the vets today.

will post later and let you know what happens.

Love to all

Jackie, John, Simba and Coco :briggin: :briggin: :briggin: :briggin:
xxxx

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2007, 20:10:55 PM »
Evening everyone,

poop samples gone to the vets today (so looking forward to see if or what they find) babies pooing a lot today!! poor John, changing towels and blankets every hour!! he doesn't mind tho!.  Both very bright and been playing quite a lot today with John, had a game of kill pyjama cord again this morning and climb the highest up mummy tonight!! :rofl: i kid you not....Simba was sat on my shoulder!! he pushed Coco off my knee tonight and she growled at him!!  girl power or what. :rofl:.  Simba speaks now every time I go in the room, I just wish I had a magic wand to stop the poor babies from pooing all the time, then they could have the run of the house.  Daren't let them yet though, its easier to contain any mess in one room.but early days yet. 
I will have a go at posting some pikkies on Sunday, but meanwhile will update daily.

thanks for all the encouragement

love to you all :Luv2: :Luv2:

Jackie, John, Simba and Coco :briggin: :briggin: :briggin: :briggin:
xxxx

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2007, 07:06:45 AM »
Glad to hear they are settling in so well. Siamese have a way of weaving themselves into your heart don't they! :Luv:

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2007, 07:03:22 AM »
 :morning:

5.30 am starving hungry :rofl: pongy blankets & towels & trays.  Looks like they had a dozen guests in that room last night :rofl:.
All cleaned up, & refreshed and fed and watered.  Then settled down for Major fusses and soft head buts!
Simba squeaked again this morning, Coco quiet at the moment. Still coughing a little, so am intrigued to know why.  Poo samples going to the vets today and will be 24 hrs before we get the results, think we might take them in for a check up once the results are back. 
They look bright enough though, bright eyes and coat looks better.  Have been brushing them both this morning and they have moved their purrs up a notch....now resemble a 747 rather than a light aircraft :briggin: :briggin:

just finishing off breakfast (they are I mean) and so will go up and have a play before shower time.
I will let you know how playtime goes (if I have time before work, if not I will do it tonight when I get home) John not so quick with the typing I'm afraid.
They gave daddy a card yesterday and his eyes all welled up BIG softie!!.

Have taken some lovely photo's but I'm afraid you will have to wait until I have time to TRY to put them on (Sunday will be Photo Day) :-: That will be fun :rofl:

catch you all later
Love
Jackie, John, Simba & Coco ;D ;D ;D ;D
xxxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2007, 02:38:18 AM »
 :Luv:  :Luv:  It's great to hear all the updates Jackie and you all sound besotted with each other  ;D  I'm really pleased to hear that they've been playing, Dawn and I were wondering whether they actually knew how to.  In a couple of weeks, they will finally put the past behind them and start to enjoy their kittenhood  :hug:  :hug:

Can't wait for more piccies  :gimme:   :waiting:
« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 03:01:03 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #80 on: December 04, 2007, 21:08:50 PM »
Hi folks,
just spent 10 minutes typing the days diary and when I tried to post I had timed out and it was gone, so here is a condensed form.....

Simba and Coco, very pooey, but bright and eating & drinking.  Enjoying playing and enjoyng being groomed, although it is like brushing a skeleton :' it seems to be working though, as they are now grooming themselves, which is always nice to see.  Purring their heads off as usual and Coco is the one who occasionally speaks....but guess what...Simba said hello tonight!!! he sounds like he has a sore throat(not the usual siamese voice).  I could have cried.its the first time he has said anything (purrs all the time but no speak).  Taking the poo samples to the vets tomorrow, and still keeping very protective eyes oin them (they have coughed a bit today)???
had fun with daddy today, playing and tummy tickling, and he fell asleep on the floor with them earlier aw bless!!

afraid thats it for now (got a lot of work to do, I have been neglecting it lately....I wonder why!!)

will speak to you all again tomorrow.  Thanks for your replies and kind words

Glad you like their names

Talk soon
Love
Jackie, John, Simba and Coco
xxxx :Luv:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2007, 19:20:53 PM »
It sounds as if they have got their paws firmly under the table.  Love the new names - much nicer.  I envy you - I'd love to have a Siamese.  Well done for giving them a forever home.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #78 on: December 04, 2007, 19:17:04 PM »
that's great news and I approve of the names - much nicer and more appropriate to their cuddly personalities. I adore Siamese but I seriously admire you for taking on ones that have probs - they are quite challenging enough on their own!!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #77 on: December 04, 2007, 11:29:54 AM »
so pleased they are settling in, love the new names!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #76 on: December 04, 2007, 11:28:21 AM »
I love the new names and they sound like they are very happy to be with you and settling in well  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #75 on: December 04, 2007, 08:57:28 AM »
I love their new names  ;D  Simba and Coco are very cool names, and its nice that they're fitted to their personalities  ;D

So pleased they're settling in, we all knew you guys would all be a perfect match  :) :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #74 on: December 04, 2007, 07:49:06 AM »
Morning everyone,
Well its day 2 and just gets better and better.

Last night before bed, we went back in one last time and had a fuss and a chat.  I had some coco with me (thats what you drink before bed when you are the wrong side of 40) :rofl: in the end I had to come out, it appears that Fiz is rather partial to the smell and wouldn't leave my cup alone!!.  I left Erick and John doing the Male bonding bit (Erick seems to like John to lie on the floor so that he can climb all over him).  They had a good night and at 6am were bothe desperately ready for a fuss and some food (in that order) :hug:. still a bit pooey, but much brighter and definately livlier.

We have just had a breakfast meeting (4th of the morning ) family gathering etc and after much deliberation, have all decided, that past bad memories and things should be left just there, in the past.  Time for new beginnings and so the vote is.....Erick has a new name SIMBA (had to be, because of his Lion tendancies).  Fiz is now to be known as COCO (that had to be aswell after last night).  They have given it the lick of approval, and just to prove they agree, we have just finished a game of pyjama cord killing, (my bottoms nearly ended up round my ankles, both cats chewing and clawing at my strings).

We have also had a good game (and they still are playing by the sounds of things) of Killing the Cat nip mouse. 2 mice are being thrashed about as we speak, and cocoa...in her quest for mouse death, managed to clear everything off the windowsill :rofl: :rofl: not that there was much to clear...but all has gone.

SO to sum up,
Eric and Fiz are now Simba and Coco, still have pooey bums, but not continuous runny bums :briggin: and seem a lot happier and brighter this morning.  That means I can go to work with a smile on my face, and John is looking forward to some more bonding with babes today.

That's all for now folks, hope you enjoyed our little update, and hope you approve of the new names.

Love & regards to you all.

More Later

John, Jackie, Simba & Coco
xxxx :briggin: :briggin: :briggin: :briggin:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2007, 20:00:05 PM »
Its lovely to hear how settled they are and certainly nice to hear of people willing to help cats through their problems  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2007, 19:45:15 PM »
Hi Jackie, John, Fiz and Erick,

Only just caught up with all the pics and "updates"  :rofl:  I'm not sure who is happiest you and John or Erick and Fiz  but it sounds like they have well and truly got their paws under the table and have most definitely wormed their way into your hearts already  :Luv2: :Luv2:

I'm sure after a couple of days their runny bums will settle down and hopefully your vet will have a better idea of what the problem is ... I'm not a vet ... but I do know Siamese's and they are sensitive little souls so it may just be stress and upset that is causing the runs!

The fact that they are getting more noisy and Erick has decided your shoulder is "the place to be" is a sign that they are obviously happy with you.  I remember our old Siamese used to love draping himself over my dads shoulders and would often jump from a shoulder onto the top of a door whenever my Dad stopped moving .... he would also go the other way from a door onto a passing shoulder which was a bit of a shock if you weren't ready for it!  :rofl: :rofl:

Lots of  love and cuddles to Fiz and Erick and and very big  :hug: and thank you to you and John for agreeing to be owned by these two gorgeous furry purries.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #71 on: December 03, 2007, 19:03:30 PM »
 just been up to see the little ones and they are munching away at their dinner.  aw, they are lovely, completely lost count of how long we have spent in their today, ha ha its loverly purrrfect yippee. we just going to have our dinner now ( last nights leftovers Dawn) :rofl: then we will be back upstairs to keep our new lovelies company.

will update again before bed. & thanks for the pikkies, just going to have a look now
 :)

catch you later

J, J, E & F
xxxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #70 on: December 03, 2007, 17:06:29 PM »
Hi Jackie, I'm so pleased these little darlings are settling down, in a weeks time, I'm sure you'll see a big difference in the pair of them  :hug:  I'm glad to hear they're keeping John busy as well, we wouldn't wanting him slacking on his housework  :evillaugh:  Seriously, everyone is over the moon about their new home and I look forward to plenty of updates and piccies  :hug:  If you have any problems posting any, if you email them to me, I'll put them on for you.  Just going to send you a copy of the piccies as well before I forget  :shy:

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #69 on: December 03, 2007, 16:39:06 PM »
I couldn't agree more :hug:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #68 on: December 03, 2007, 15:23:32 PM »
Hi Jackie

I know exactly what you mean with the washing - I have a five month old kitten "Tarka" who has had a runny bum since he was five weeks old, his story is on the health and behviour board.  There's always washing on the go, the fire on full blast and the window open to freshen up the aroma. :rofl:, but they are worth it.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Jackie D

• Adult Cat
« Reply #67 on: December 03, 2007, 15:13:00 PM »
Hi Dawn,

I'm sure you are right, Fiz....her tummy is much much better than she was (fingers crossed) Erick...has improved ten fold just in the last few hours.  My last turn on fur babe watch, I laid on the floor with them and Fiz came and snuggled near my tummy, Eric watched for all of 20 seconds before he joined her :rofl: I was tired and John threw a fleece over me and we all fell asleep!! :rofl: :rofl:  I've just come down now after a fuss and change of towels etc and left them both curled up together in the bed in front of the radiator(there's a surprise).  It resembles a greenhouse here at the mo, but because of the pooey smell we have to have window open slightly and we didn't want them to feel cold (not much chance of that I can tell you).
John said he feels like old mother riley ha ha he's never done as much washing ha ha.

post later

love
J,J, E &F
xxxx

Link to CatChat