Author Topic: Riley trapped and injured - Lukey freaked out!  (Read 7709 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Riley trapped and injured - Lukey freaked out!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2007, 19:22:50 PM »
poor boys!! what a horrible experience. Hope Riley stays well and that Lukey gets over his fright. Time to bring out the feliway and rescue remedy again. (good thing you got a good stock in  :rofl:). It was probably the noise as much as anything, Some cats are just more sensitive to certain pitches of noise than others, and having the fire guard rattling around chasing Riley would have been pretty scary too!!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Riley trapped and injured - Lukey freaked out!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 19:19:44 PM »
Late last night at around midnight I heard the most terrible screaming, Lukey raced into the living room and I ran in the opposite direction towards the noise.  It was a cat noise and sounded like a hideous high pitched screaming mixed in with low wailing and hissing.  I ran into the spare bedroom to find Riley with both front paws trapped in the holes of a fire guard.  With the noise he was making I was certain that one, if not both legs were broken so I ran to get a towel so I could immobilise him as soon as I'd got him free.  Just as I got back into the room he managed to wriggle himself free, he flopped down, waved his tail angrily then started racing around being his naughty, cheeky self, jumping on and in things he shouldn't - no broken legs after all!  I checked his feet carefully and one toe looked a bit swollen but he was happy for me to squeeze and pull each one so no lasting damage. 

Went back in the living room to find Lukey, terrified, cowering in a ball shaking in the corner.  He wouldn't come out for treats and stayed there for over an hour, when he finally did come out he is now terrified of the hallway where the bedroom is.  Luckily he's not scared of Riley but is petrified of the slightest noise, he spent all last night awake with big scaredy cat eyes (I was up most of the night checking on him!).  He wouldn't eat a bedtime snack last night or breakfast this morning but has finally had some tea.  He's walking around with his belly low to the ground, tail between his legs, looking nervously around before jumping at the slightest noise.

I just feel so sorry for him, he had the exact same upbringing as Riley so I don't know what makes him so sensitive.  Riley was the one that was trapped but he got over it in less than a minute!  Lukey's normally such a confident little thing, although he's the quieter and more well behaved out of them both he's still confident, especially with visitors - he's such a little tart.  Luckily I'm off for a few days so can try and build his confidence back up.

Link to CatChat