Author Topic: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray/RIP sweetheart  (Read 108467 times)

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
Re: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray
« Reply #505 on: February 15, 2008, 21:12:41 PM »
Pav, this must be taking an awful toll on you, one minute good news, the next bad :scared:

I just hope things settle for a little while & you & Boy can share some quality time together.
 :wish:
Jas
 X

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #504 on: February 15, 2008, 07:32:34 AM »
Fingers crossed for him - if his tum gets used to the dry i/d, he will be fine on it as long as he is drinking enough.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #503 on: February 15, 2008, 05:04:09 AM »
Fingers crossed that he take's to the new food and his bottom end dries up!  :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #502 on: February 14, 2008, 22:48:36 PM »
Ah poor BOY  Hope it is just the food.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #501 on: February 14, 2008, 22:22:26 PM »
I do hope so Pav, I am sure its hard for him cos of all the meds and then changing food. He prob is very hungry and ate too much too quick.........I hope maybe thats the case  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #500 on: February 14, 2008, 22:20:04 PM »
Boy had dry i/d feline, but now he is got really bad diarrhoea.!! I dont think the i/d prescription food is too rich, maybe cos its new food, but i know is not enough for him just to have dry food . I am going to stop in the vets tomorrow and buy few different flavour of i/d and see if likes any.

I know he is not very well cos i tried the da birdy and for the first time he is not interested, but he is drinking water which is good and his tummy might get use to the i/d dry food by tomorrow.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #499 on: February 14, 2008, 21:13:44 PM »
 :hug: to BOY from us

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #498 on: February 14, 2008, 21:00:39 PM »
me too

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #497 on: February 14, 2008, 20:51:27 PM »
I hope he has eaten today as well.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #496 on: February 14, 2008, 19:19:30 PM »
I do hope that Boy has eaten today  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #495 on: February 14, 2008, 17:32:37 PM »
I'm so sorry about the latest problems with Boy, just when you were feeling more positive. The RC sensitivity pouches may help with his IBD and maybe they are a bit high in phosphorus but they aren't rich or greasy and possibly better than nothing?? (Hills i/d might work too, although the new stuff's mincy?).  There's a section on the felinecrf.org site about anaemia, which def makes them listless. You can get vitamin supplements with iron in them (Visorbin) which is the gentlest treatment.  How bad is the anaemia? They stop producing EPO (the stuff the cyclists cheat with) and there's an intramuscular injection of it (steroids), but I gather that treatment is a bit drastic & not a good idea unless there really is no alternative.
Really hope Boy picks up soon....such a battle isn't it when they have multiple and sometimes conflicting problems.  :hug:
Thankyou so much for the information , i will ask Caroline if i can put him on Visorbin?She said his anaemia is mild but we have to monitor him and also if he start feeling weak or not well i have to call her other wise she said in 4 weeks once he has blood test we see if its worse or not?I dont know why she didnt mention vitamins or anything but he is taking steroid and other medications now so that could be the reason?
I was given RC sensitivity s/o last year for jim but he wouldnt have it and i tried with Boy cos i had the box and he didnt want to know,only recently i sent them to some one to use for the poorly cats .
I went home this afternoon and on my way got some i/d prescription dry food for Boy and left it for him and also i mixed tiny bit of cooked salmon i bought ready with his new food to see if he shows any interest, i am going to see when i get home later if he had some.Thankyou x

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #494 on: February 14, 2008, 11:44:56 AM »
Pav how is he this morning?  The RC Sensitive were great for Dragan, he wolfed them and they never caused him any probs whatsoever.  Quite bland the vet said but very palatable.  Might be worth a try at least to get his appetite going again?  Poor little fella he is having such a rough time as are you.  :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #493 on: February 14, 2008, 11:32:26 AM »
I'm so sorry about the latest problems with Boy, just when you were feeling more positive. The RC sensitivity pouches may help with his IBD and maybe they are a bit high in phosphorus but they aren't rich or greasy and possibly better than nothing?? (Hills i/d might work too, although the new stuff's mincy?).  There's a section on the felinecrf.org site about anaemia, which def makes them listless. You can get vitamin supplements with iron in them (Visorbin) which is the gentlest treatment.  How bad is the anaemia? They stop producing EPO (the stuff the cyclists cheat with) and there's an intramuscular injection of it (steroids), but I gather that treatment is a bit drastic & not a good idea unless there really is no alternative.
Really hope Boy picks up soon....such a battle isn't it when they have multiple and sometimes conflicting problems.  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #492 on: February 14, 2008, 10:31:51 AM »
I agree with everything Gilly says Pav.....even if it means adding a little of what he likes to the special food!  ;) He needs his strength... :hug: :hug:

Has the vet said its an absolute must to only feed him that? I know in an ideal world they would take what is on offer.....I would maybe have a word with the vet and ask if there would be a gentle substitute...

"Thinking of you both"  :hug:
Hi,it was the RVC who put him on D/D diet and they words was the idea behind this diet is IBD is an overpopulating of the gut with white blood cells that in part are stimulated to be there by an allergic reaction to the food passing through. Venison will be completely new sorce of food so its unlikely that he will have developed any kind of hypersensivity to it , so limiting the inflammatory reaction in his intestines and they said he should solely be fed on this and nothing else not even a treat!! To start he had it for few weeks and then he went off and Gill i agree with you thats why i gave him other foods but now Caroline is saying one off the reasons or him being sick is the rich food so i have to see when i go hoe today if he had any?If not then i will cook some salmon thats the only thing he eats except cat food!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #491 on: February 14, 2008, 07:39:50 AM »
Aww, I am sorry that he isn't eating, it is a tricky one, as he needs to eat to keep up his strength, but if he has inflamed guts, giving him rich foods could make him feel worse. I agree with trying RC Sensitivity on him. I dont know if anaemia makes them feel like not eating. It is such a shame there is such a restriction in flavours on prescription food. Fingers crossed you can find something he will eat.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #490 on: February 14, 2008, 05:35:38 AM »
I agree with everything Gilly says Pav.....even if it means adding a little of what he likes to the special food!  ;) He needs his strength... :hug: :hug:

Has the vet said its an absolute must to only feed him that? I know in an ideal world they would take what is on offer.....I would maybe have a word with the vet and ask if there would be a gentle substitute...

"Thinking of you both"  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #489 on: February 14, 2008, 01:16:36 AM »
I am so sorry to hear this Pav, just when you thought he was doing well.

I dont want to go against any advice you are given but surely he has to eat something  and anything is better than nothing, irrespective of anything else. He will not be happy if he is hungry and I know that that makes my stomach very sensitive. Does he like fish, cos some steamed/poached fish my be good too.

Pilchards sound a bit rich to me and if his stomach is very sensitive or sore the tomato sauce will not help I think.

I can appreciate that he needs meds but eating is part of a quality of life and if he wont eat prescription food then he needs the next best food that he will eat.

I am so sorry about poor Boy and you must be so upset  with the current news  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I wish there was some way I could help.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #488 on: February 13, 2008, 21:22:20 PM »
Take it one day at a time honey, maybe cook him some bland chicken or something, its not rich and might just get him interested in his food? What about some pilchards in tomato sauce? Helen once said that used to help her Tiggy start eating?

Sleep well tonight, just take it easy for now.  :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #487 on: February 13, 2008, 21:21:39 PM »
Ah Pav I am so sorry.  Just when you were starting to feel ok about BOY again.  When Dragan's white cells were very very very high the vet said it could indicate malignancy so maybe that is why BOY's are high.  They do go up if there is infection too.  Will he tolerate RC Sensitive?  Dragan adored the chicken and rice one when he would look at nothing else.

I did call you and left a message on your answerphone  Ring me when you feel able to chat and there must be something that will help him with his anaemia. 

Big hugs to you both  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #486 on: February 13, 2008, 21:16:50 PM »
Just had a call from Caroline, she said she has some of the blood results and she is on her way home so she thought she let me know, she said Boy red cells has droped and he is anaemic, she said we have to monitor him cos it can get worse and is not because of medication is simply cos of lymphoma :(.  She also said the white cells not low and they area bit higher than normal ? I didnt get the chance to ask her is this good or bad cos her mobile was cutting off and she was concern that he hasnt had the new food yet, she said he must eat other wise he will get weak and we dont want that but on the other hand due to inflammation in his guts  he shouldnt have rich foods!!! I asked if i should buy different flavours and she said not many choices in prescription food... :-: I guess Boy being well didntlast long. I am going to get some sleep cant think anymore. Good night every one. :hug:  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #485 on: February 13, 2008, 19:19:00 PM »
Oh this made me smile and am so pleased that Caroline thinks he is doing well.

We all worry and you are the same as us, devoted to your most loved furbies and worried when things do not seem right. Boy knows he has a most devoted and loving meowmy, even if you are gonna be mean and make him eat that food  :rofl: :rofl:

Take each day as it comes and give Boy a stroke from me  :hug: :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #484 on: February 13, 2008, 19:04:53 PM »
So glad that Boy has put on weight and is doing well   :hug: for you both  :hug: xxx 
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #483 on: February 13, 2008, 18:35:21 PM »
I am so pleased BOY is doing well and has put on weight  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #482 on: February 13, 2008, 18:07:21 PM »
Probably upset at the vet visit Pav.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #481 on: February 13, 2008, 18:01:38 PM »
Thankyou sooo much, the only problem is since we came home i opened a pouch of i/d for him and he is not eating eat,i even started giving Pheobe the same food so Boy doesnt go beging her for hers , she ate it all but he is not having it :-:

Thats what he did with his D/D food for almost 2 days he refused to eat it and i gave in, but this time i am not going to,well i try not to!

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #480 on: February 13, 2008, 17:07:49 PM »
Fantastic news for both BOY and yourself!  :wow: :hug: :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #479 on: February 13, 2008, 16:15:46 PM »
Lots of love and hugs to you both!  so glad he is doing really well  :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #478 on: February 13, 2008, 15:04:17 PM »
Pav I have pm'd you but am so very happy that the news was positive about BOY.  Please don't think you are worrying too much, it is something we all do and I can well remember the anxiety with Dragan.  So so pleased for you both.  Way to go BOY :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #477 on: February 13, 2008, 12:30:28 PM »
I should post it up, its so cute. Just missing music now. I think Flynn is far too distinguished a gentleman to be bothered by the little rascal. I love that he just blinks at her while she throws herself at the window by your front door.  :evillaugh:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #476 on: February 13, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »
 :wow: Pipa has such a talented meomy. :Luv: The little cake. :Luv2:

I take it that she is NOT inviting Flynn and all the cats in neighbourhood  for her birthday party :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #475 on: February 13, 2008, 12:04:52 PM »
Check your email honey. Sis sent you a fab little presentation all about the celebration. We'll have a little celebration on the weekend. One to celebrate Boy being home and another to toast the little witch who terrorises Flynn.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #474 on: February 13, 2008, 11:45:40 AM »
Thankyou Clare.

Ruth i didnt know its Pipa's birthday ;D Her meomy didnt tell us this morning when we saw her! Cant believe she is one :wow:

Happy birthday to Pipa and her brothers. :hug:x

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #473 on: February 13, 2008, 11:32:23 AM »
Really happy to hear that Pav. Wonderful news. Save him a cuddle from me. And one for you xx Its Pippa's birthday today, get my sister to give you a cuddle from Pipsqueak. xx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #472 on: February 13, 2008, 11:14:35 AM »
Glad your vet visit went well, and that he's managed to put some weight back on which is great news  ;D

We all worry ourselves silly when our babes our poorly, I think it comes with the territory, and shows what doting slaves we are  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #471 on: February 13, 2008, 11:11:22 AM »
that all sounds very positive and I hope he continues to do well and enjoys his nosh. And the sun while it lasts  ;D. You aren't panicking (any more than any of us do), it's just utterly normal for a doting cat mum who's little one isn't well and no need apologise for it! I'm every bit as 'guilty' as you are, so please just let us know how Boy is doing and his results.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #470 on: February 13, 2008, 11:06:09 AM »
Hi everyone, just got back home with BOY :)

Caroline had to sedate him to take his blood, i told her about him being sick almost every day and also his tummy, she examined him and said she think his tummy is fine , he is taking Felimazole for his thyroid and that can make them sick, also i have to put him back on diet food which i explained to her , he refuses to eat the D/D venison so she gave me the I/d pouches to try. She thinks he is doing fine for now and he has put on weight which is good cos he lost a lot of weight very quick when he got sick.
He was given B12 injection and more leukeran and prednisolone tablets for next 4 weeks, whch he has to go back again. His blood result will be back in few days and i guess i have to learn to stop panicing every time he gets sick and take every day as it comes.
Thankyou every one for being here for Boy and me,and all the kind words and advises. :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #469 on: February 13, 2008, 09:06:19 AM »
Good luck  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #468 on: February 13, 2008, 08:34:50 AM »
Just checking in before you leave home. Good luck with Caroline today x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #467 on: February 13, 2008, 07:59:12 AM »
You are in my thoughts today Pav
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #466 on: February 12, 2008, 22:52:13 PM »
Pavi what time is the appointment tomorrow?
9 am Ruth.

Thankyou every one.xxxx

Link to CatChat