Author Topic: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray/RIP sweetheart  (Read 108466 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray
« Reply #465 on: February 12, 2008, 22:37:51 PM »
Hoping for the best for Boy & You, Pav  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
  • R.I.P.Tigger Sept95--30/1/08-much loved & missed
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #464 on: February 12, 2008, 22:35:14 PM »
and so will i!!

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #463 on: February 12, 2008, 21:53:25 PM »
Will be thinking of you too.

Jas
 X

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #462 on: February 12, 2008, 21:40:11 PM »
Pav I hope it's good news tomorrow but I know that you will do what is right for the brave BOY.  I will be thinking of you and so will everyone else on this board who I know are all behind BOY.  Best of luck and fingers crossed.  Let's go for the power of positive thinking and there will be a lot of power from the wonderful Purrs family.  Big big hugs to you and BOY.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #461 on: February 12, 2008, 21:32:35 PM »
I will be thinking of you and Boy all day and hoping  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #460 on: February 12, 2008, 21:27:56 PM »
Pavi what time is the appointment tomorrow?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #459 on: February 12, 2008, 21:27:01 PM »
Yes Chrissie, it is tomorrow Boy is going to vets.
Boy was sick this morning but since he had some food and he is fine, so i just have to see what Caroline think is best to do for Boy and i go with that, i dont want him to suffer or go through any pain.I want her to see his tummy and feels it and if she thinks we can give Boy his medication and go on with the treatment of course i am happy to do so and if she says is best to let him go then we do whats best for Boy.
I am praying that as she said before, he still has months to go but at the same time the RVC  vet told me Boy will have 6 to 8 weeks and taht was in December, i just have to wait and see what happens tomorrow but i have to say i do whats best for Boy,i trust Caroline's decision.
I guess its going to be a long night for me. :hug: :thanks:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #458 on: February 12, 2008, 18:03:04 PM »
I thought it was tomorrow BOY was going for his B12?  How is he anyway Pav.  Better I hope and hope you are not feeling the strain too much

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #457 on: February 12, 2008, 17:22:53 PM »
me too. I hope Boy's not too bad today and that the B12 injection perks him up a bit  :hug:

Offline MillyMollyMandy

• Adult Cat
  • Lucky-Lou-always in my heart, now at The Bridge
« Reply #456 on: February 12, 2008, 09:39:33 AM »
Thinking of you and BOY today.  :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #455 on: February 11, 2008, 23:38:48 PM »
I am thinking of you and Boy and hope that all goes well tomorrow, this is such a hard time and we all understand how you must feel.

I think we all believe that we can cope and that if we could have just a bit more time it would be so wonderful, I so wish cats could tell us how they feel so we could make the right decisions for them.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #454 on: February 11, 2008, 21:26:26 PM »
ANy update Pav?

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #453 on: February 11, 2008, 12:05:48 PM »
I am glad he has eaten a little more Pav.  Maybe he wants to enjoy the nice weather?  Poor BOY he has had such a rotten time, as have you and yes you are right it has been a lousy year so far for poorly pets.  Here's hoping things will take a turn for the better for all of them and please continue to keep us posted about the lovely BOY xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #452 on: February 11, 2008, 12:00:43 PM »
Thankuo every one :hug: I am just back home and free till 2 so i stay with Boy and then when coming back this evening i am going to get him more salmon and see if he takes it,he just went out and sleeping in the little house which is for feral cat i think he wants to be on his own!
I will call Caroline this evening just to update her with everything and see what she think is best to do, cos on wednesday he is due for blood test for diabeties and B12 injection but she might think he needs ultrasound ?

I do hope all the poorly cats feel better , it hasnt been a good start this year for so many here and i havent kept up with so many treads but i do feel for the people who have unwell cats. :hug: :hug:

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #451 on: February 11, 2008, 11:41:20 AM »
I'm so sorry. I know you are spending as much time with him as you can and giving him so much love and I'm sure he loves that and takes great comfort from it. Nothing's going to make you feel better, but we are all here and pulling for you and Boy  :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #450 on: February 11, 2008, 11:30:54 AM »
I'm keeping everything crossed here  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
  • R.I.P.Tigger Sept95--30/1/08-much loved & missed
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #449 on: February 11, 2008, 11:27:35 AM »
so sorry, we are never prepared even tho we know it will come, i thought i was,but no i wasn't!
 :hug:to you, thinking of you.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #448 on: February 11, 2008, 08:51:13 AM »
 Sorry Pav - I just hope he can rally again  :hug:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #447 on: February 11, 2008, 08:45:40 AM »
We're all here honey. xx

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #446 on: February 11, 2008, 07:47:01 AM »
Pav my heart is aching for you and BOY.  Nothing can prepare us for losing them.  You are both in my prayers and I am here if you need to talk.  God bless the both of you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #445 on: February 11, 2008, 07:39:50 AM »
I am so sorry to hear things aren't sounding good Pav - it doesn't matter how much notice we get, it isn't any easier to accept. We are all here for you. xx
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #444 on: February 11, 2008, 06:52:28 AM »
Oh Pav hun how awful for you and BOY.....I lost a cat to cancer over a year and half ago and although you do know when the time is close it is still terribly hard to comprehend.... :hug: :hug:

Thinking of you both!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #443 on: February 11, 2008, 00:51:02 AM »
Thanks, but sadly not :( Boy wasnt interested in his food all day and thats not like him at all, i even cooked him some fresh salmon but he didnt want to know . An hour ago i opened some fresh food and sat with him and brushed him so he started purring and had some but shortly after he got sick.This doesnt look good and i know he hasnt got long.Cant stop crying and i know i have to ,we have meeting in the morning and i had only 2 hours sleep last night but cant make my self to go to bed cos i keep thinking what about if Caroline cant do anything on wednesday.

Oh i thought i have prepared my self for when the time comes.I better go and stay with him for now.
Thankx everyone . :hug:

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #442 on: February 11, 2008, 00:38:07 AM »
Hope the last 24 hours have been better for you & Boy.

:hug:
Jas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #441 on: February 11, 2008, 00:28:49 AM »
 :hug: to you and Boy

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #440 on: February 10, 2008, 17:28:19 PM »
 :hug: from us, Pav

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #439 on: February 10, 2008, 06:52:00 AM »
Ah Pav at least he had some respite from being sick.  Take your tea back to bed?  I too hope Caroline can help him on Wed.  Good luck

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #438 on: February 10, 2008, 05:38:00 AM »
Hi , Chrissie, Boy was fine yesterday but a while a go i heard him being sick again so i came down and stayed with him , cleaned everything and comforted him . He went back to sleep on my bed now but i cant sleep anymore i guess is the stress. I was thinking to drive to regents park and go for  a walk, used to do that long time a go, but still dark outside, so i guess i make some tea and watch the news ! I so much looked forward to this weekend to stay in bed :-:
 Thanks Desley , i hope Caroline can do something on wednesday to help Boy. :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #437 on: February 09, 2008, 23:31:05 PM »
Aww, I am sorry things aren't looking good, I do hope Caroline can give him something.
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2008, 12:49:48 PM »
How's our special BOY this morning Pav?  Better I hope

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #435 on: February 08, 2008, 20:49:44 PM »
Poor little mite you must be so worried.  I am here if you need me Pav xxx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #434 on: February 08, 2008, 20:38:47 PM »
 :hug: it's certainly a different Boy to when you first got him Pav, even once he picked up weight. I know it's hard for you to see him this way and you are going through a really tough time. Just hang in there. Give him a big cuddle from Auntie Roof xx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #433 on: February 08, 2008, 20:36:03 PM »
Thankx Chrissie but i think is more than that, today i was looking at some picci's i took few weeks back and if you see my signiture photo of Boy , it shows he is not well :( He doesnt look his best cos he was shaved 3 times by different vets for his ultrasound but he has lost so much weight and dont look healthy.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #432 on: February 08, 2008, 19:12:32 PM »
I know it's a long shot Pav but Dragan's belly used to get hard and sore when he had wind.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #431 on: February 08, 2008, 19:11:44 PM »
You really seem to be going through it at the moment Pav  :hug:

Lets hope Boy is OK and they Lynn your friend foster Flynn - things are hard enough as it is without officious idiots making things harder  >:(

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #430 on: February 08, 2008, 19:05:51 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about Boy cos it sounds like he is maybe sore or in pain, but I am sure that Caroline will be able to give you a better idea and the best advice  :hug: :hug:

I agree with you taotally about Flynn and hope that you can get them to reconsider.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #429 on: February 08, 2008, 19:01:41 PM »
Hi Chrissie , Boy hasnt been sick today but i am concern about the way his belly looks bloated and feels really hard, i am thinking it might be the tumor growing, he also doesnt like me to touch it any more ! So i am thinking maybe its sore.
we are going to the vet on wednesday so i see what Caroline can do .

Gill,i know Flynn first owner has died so his chip must be registered to his second owner who is in hospital now and i was told even we he gets home he is not fit to look after Flynn thats why they want to keep him till the owner is well enough!! The only arrangement the owner made when he was taken to hospital was for his neighbour and daughter to come and leave for him and when i asked the officer in Mayhew yesterday why didnt he ask some one to inform you specially if he needs medication for his heart, she said she doesnt know  >:(
I really dont understand thier logic , there is a cat here looked after by some one and they still want to take him and put him in a cabin which they can use for needy cats but they dont want to know, i am going to go there next week before taking Flynn back and see if i can speak to her supervisor and convince her is best if they allow my neighbour to foster him instead of putting him in a cabin  for months,and remind them that he was in the street for 3+ weeks before anyone realized that and then it took thier officer another week to find ot where the owner is?  but this people once they decide something its hard to change thier mind.Finger crossed for Flynn and my neighbour. :)

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #428 on: February 08, 2008, 14:50:30 PM »
is BOY any better today Pav?

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #427 on: February 08, 2008, 07:18:46 AM »
How about abandonment by the owner who is in hospital due to failure to provide adequate care for Flynn?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #426 on: February 08, 2008, 00:26:23 AM »
Oh this is terrible and that rspca branch are crazy.

I know we have had discussions before , especially on Cat Chat about the law of ownership of a cat and thought that if a cat had a chip then whoever it is registered to is the owner.

BC I would be very unhappy to have more than one person being registered as the owner of my cat, I own my cats, nobody else.

Sorry Pav I dont know the way round this but the rescue acted inappropriately when Flynn first arrived with you and looks to me they are just covering themselves now but in the wrong way. Who is Flynn registered to on the chip?

Why is the owner in hospital and is it likeley he will be able to take the cat on when/if he comes home. I would have thought that your neighbour should have some rights to the cat now cos the owner made no provision for the cat and did not bother to tell the RSPCA he was in hospital and nobody was caring for it.

I would have though it would constitute cruelty by the RSPCA to have the Flynn locked in a pen for an indefinate period when he now has a new home, and how long are they gonna have him taking up a pen from another cat?

I would suggest that this all needs to be put in a letter to the shelter and some specific questions asked and answered. It could also be said that the current owner is taking legal advice on this as she took on a stray cat that nobody wanted and that they, the RSPCA, would not take any action for x weeks, by which time the cat would have starved to death. This sounds like a cruelty case against the RSPCA!

Link to CatChat