Author Topic: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray/RIP sweetheart  (Read 92534 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Taking my BOY back to the vet tomorrow for x-ray
« Reply #425 on: February 07, 2008, 18:02:31 PM »
I'm not sure how that works. Esther's chip is registered to both me and the vet and also to the rescue, so if she was scanned, I would expect they would contact me first, but could also possible contact the rescue? I know the papers I signed gave the Rescue repossession rights so if that is the case with Flynn then perhaps the rescue will do that, given the well-documented circumstances ...

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #424 on: February 07, 2008, 17:25:56 PM »
Sorry one more thing once the vet inform the chip company are they going to contact the owner or the rescue? Does any one know?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #423 on: February 07, 2008, 17:23:38 PM »
I know that when i adopted from mayhew home before , i had to sign some papers and it says that they have the right to take the cat back, i am not sure what the vet said about the owner has the right is true or not ? But the sad thing is poor Flynn was in the street with no one knowing that his owner is in hospital and the owner not responsible enough to get some one to look after him specially if he needs medication for his heart, if it wasnt for me calling them everyday they wouldnt know and now i feel bad that my neighbour took him in and she says she really love him and sadly the Rspca has the power to take him back and put him in a cabin and for sure he is going to get depress after having his freedom  :( I am thinking if some one reasonable in the rescue was handeling this they would consider my neighbourto foster him but this girl is so unexperienced when i asked her why the owner didnt ask some one to let you know he is in hospital she said i dont know and it took her every time few weeks just to get back tome  but as i think b/c is right is best to take him back, i am so sure once the owner comes back and take Flynn back he will come back again cos he is so happy here and well looked after. Thanks every one foe the support.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #422 on: February 07, 2008, 13:53:32 PM »
Not sure how true that is though, as cats are classed as personal property under law.  Wonder how legal it really is. Pavvy, if you want I'll be happy to stand up and say he was pathetic when he first made his way to you  :sneaky: What a horror that you may have to give him back. The man doesn't deserve Flynn.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #421 on: February 07, 2008, 13:51:27 PM »
My friend who is a Solicitor says that no one can claim ownership of cats in law

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #420 on: February 07, 2008, 12:32:17 PM »
i have to agree, lying is not one of my strong points I have to say ...  :(
I do think a letter from the vet is useful, but sadly if he is chipped then there is proof of ownership and trying to keep him when the 'powers' are after you is a good way of getting into major legal problems. I would give in gracefully and, if he turns up in similar condition again, then document his condition thoroughly (photos, weight, coat condition etc) so you can present a stronger argument. Something you will be in no position to do if you fight it this time...

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #419 on: February 07, 2008, 12:27:44 PM »
Well b/c i am useless in lying and she %100 against it but the Rspca wants him back now to look after him till the owners come back from hospital and recover completely so it means Flynn ends up in a cabin for months  :( and i know that they wont agree if she foster him cos she has no garden. I guess  we have to take him back next week, i have to admit i did lie by telling them i havent seen him for a while  :innocent:

But the vet also said he can give her a letter saying he thinks he hasnt been looked after proper cos he has problem with his back leg and is also overweight which is not good for his leg. sigh..

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #418 on: February 07, 2008, 12:05:06 PM »
what are her lying skills like? I would be inclined to play dumb and say I found it starving and so have cared for it, and then if the owner does claim it, seek a reward from him ... But then I am a cynical cold cow at times. As you said, you tried your best but fate has caught up with you. It seems that he is doomed to go back to his owner. At least he knows his way to yours now ...

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #417 on: February 07, 2008, 11:54:01 AM »
Hi every one i know this is not the place to write about Flynn, but since i posted here last night i thought some of you might remember his story i posted in December.

My neighbour needs some advice please, we took Flynn to the vet this morning but since he has not any recomendation from another vet and we couldnt say much about him, of course the vet checked for microchip and of course we told him what happened with him, i know in December i was told that my neighbour has to cross the bridge when it comes to all the questions and now the vet told her that by low the owner should know where he is and agree and even though he hasntbeen looked after well thats something else to mention to rescue, basicly he said he is going to inform the microchip company and we should call RSPCA branch which Flynn originally is from and if they want him back there are no way my neighbour can have him, she is so upset now that she has to return him, his story is under my local rescue, if any one can advise her , would be nice. Thankyou. :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #416 on: February 07, 2008, 07:35:08 AM »
i hope you can find something to sort out Boy's diarrhea - bland food such as chicken is normally good. Good luck with Flynn too
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #415 on: February 07, 2008, 06:52:49 AM »
Bless you Pav for helping Flinn.  I so hope BOY is keeping his food down and his diarrhoea stops.  I know you will keep us posted. x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #414 on: February 07, 2008, 00:38:53 AM »
Thankyou Gill.

Flynn , bless him. I call him trouble :evillaugh: He insist to go in to every ones house and chases all the cats but is a sweetheart. I had a very interesting call from the rescue centre after more than 3 weeks since i left the last message for them they called today and left a message saying that they would like to have Flynn back in the rescue cos he has a heart problem and he needs his medication for that :Crazy: :Crazy:

They never told me that in December when i told them he has been around for weeks and they took thier time to find out wherethe owner was and e verything else and its been almost 9 weeks since his owner went to hospital , Flynn file is in that rescue but no one bothered to check and today the rehoming officer think is best to have him in a cabin in rescue cos he needs medication for his heart and she also said that the owner will feel beter knowing he is taking it, apparently the daughter was told to  leave the medicine in the food out side for him?? but  shame the owner didnt bother to make sure he is looked after or ask some one to call the rescue and inform them when he went to hospital!! >:(
Sorry but this message made me  >:( today and thats why i am helping my neighbour to take Flynn to the vet to check him, not sure how it works cos we dont know much about his past but if they check the chip then i have no idea what will happen?? Lets see if we can help the little guy. :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #413 on: February 06, 2008, 23:32:48 PM »
Hope you get a good answer from the vet tomorrow  :hug:

How is Flynn?

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #412 on: February 06, 2008, 23:29:45 PM »
Thankyou Claire, Boy still loves his cuddles and purrs for England :)

Yes Gill last time the small portions worked but he didnt have diarrhoea! Well i am helping my neighbour with Flynn the cat who adopted her to go to the vet in the morning so i can ask them if there is anything i can give Boy to stop the diarrhoea .

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #411 on: February 06, 2008, 23:01:05 PM »
So sorry I hadnt seen this before, I hope that Boy has stopped being sick and that the small portions work.  :hug:

Offline ClaireR

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #410 on: February 06, 2008, 22:58:22 PM »
Oh Pav, what a difficult time for you and Boy.  Stay strong and make sure you keep up the cuddles.  I am sure Boy prefers those more than anything else.  Continuing to send you all my positive thoughts.

Take care. xxx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #409 on: February 06, 2008, 21:33:47 PM »
Thankyou every one  :hug:

Teresa i did call Caroline but she is away on holiday and the other vet which knows him is away on holiday aswell! I started feeding Boy in very small portions again and i put his food in blender and added some water so its easy to digest and also help him not to get dehyderated, i came back home at 4 , gave him his food and went back to work , got back around 8 tonight and he hasnt been sick but he still has diarrhoea?

I see how it goes tonight if he doesnt get sick after his next meal then i keep feeding him every few hours in small portions and see how it goes?

My other cat Jim had intestine cancer and had the same signs but cos he had so many other problems they didnt realize till the last day when they operated on him.
Boy is having his medicines and if i feel he is ehyderated then i will take him to the emergency vets. :hug: :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #408 on: February 06, 2008, 19:38:41 PM »
Thinking of BOY and yourself...... :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #407 on: February 06, 2008, 18:38:06 PM »
 :hug: from me too, Pav
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline chris91011

• Adult Cat
  • R.I.P.Tigger Sept95--30/1/08-much loved & missed
    • My Pet Site
« Reply #406 on: February 06, 2008, 15:21:02 PM »
sending  :hug: your way, i know how you must be feeling.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #405 on: February 06, 2008, 13:18:58 PM »
Sending loads of positive vibes your way  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #404 on: February 06, 2008, 13:04:48 PM »
Oh Pav, Im so sorry to hear that Boy is being sick again.

Sending positive healing vibes for the brave Boy and love and Hugs for you - thinking of you both xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #403 on: February 06, 2008, 12:15:07 PM »
Pav think I would give Caroline a call and see what she thinks.
Big hugs to you both.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #402 on: February 06, 2008, 12:09:01 PM »
I'm so sorry. My worry would be he gets dehydrated if he's vomiting and with diarrhoea? I hope you can sort him out asap. all the best.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #401 on: February 06, 2008, 11:33:28 AM »
I'm sorry Pav.  Why don't you ring the vet and see what they suggest?  Keep us posted, am thinking about you all x

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #400 on: February 06, 2008, 11:31:35 AM »
So sorry Pav, I can understand your dilemma about not wanting to put him through any more stress, but obviously wanting to make him feel better, sending positive vibes for you and Boy  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #399 on: February 06, 2008, 10:20:28 AM »
Boy is not doing well at all :(

He started being sick from early hours this morning and he has bad diarrhoea. I didnt want to leave him on his own so i went to work at 7, and just did few things and am back home again but have to go back in few hours, so i am going to see how it goes.

Boy has been sneezing a lot aswell so i am wondering if he caught something , Caroline told me that i have to watch him for first few weeks cos of his medicationeffect his immune system.

So i am not sure what to do, do i take him to the vet this evening or just watch him at home, i dont really think they can do anything else for Boy , and i dont want to stress him by putting him through more tests.

Thankyou every one. :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #398 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:57 AM »
How's he doing Pav?

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
« Reply #397 on: February 04, 2008, 14:06:54 PM »
Sending lots of love and hugs to you all :Luv:
Hoping that he starts to improve really quickly :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #396 on: February 03, 2008, 11:36:25 AM »
Just to say  :hug: to BOY and you, Pav.  Try to find some relaxing time to yourself even though you are working so hard  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #395 on: February 03, 2008, 00:17:00 AM »
I am so sorry that Boy is not well again and you are having to work long hours  :hug: :hug:

I will keep all my thoughts positive for Boy and home it was just a temporary hiccup. I reckon if Phoebe had just had a tooth out then yes the blood may have come from that, either by her swallowing some or the cavetity maybe leaked when the furball came up. Hope she is now OK  :hug:

Please dont mention changing beds cos my dirty little birman men maybe laughin, cos they forever dumping furballs on mine, the last one was on the pillow and I was seriously unamused  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #394 on: February 02, 2008, 22:01:00 PM »
Poor thing, I so hope he improves Pav
 :hug: for Pav
 :hug: for BOY
 :hug: for Phoebe

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #393 on: February 02, 2008, 19:42:12 PM »
Aww, poor Boy, I do hope he bounces back soon.

Ditto..... :hug: :hug: :hug: to you both! x

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #392 on: February 02, 2008, 19:03:02 PM »
Aww, poor Boy, I do hope he bounces back soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #391 on: February 02, 2008, 19:01:30 PM »
Hi Chrissie. Boy started being sick again since yesterday , after having his breakfast :(
This morning i hadto leave early for work and couldnt wait for him to finish his food but when got back ,i saw vomit all over my bed, so have to start changing the bed in few minutes  :tired:  But i have to say since few days a go his tummy feels really hard and swellin!

I am going to see how it goes for next few days if he carry on getting sick then have to take him back before his appointment on 13th.

Thanks for asking . :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #390 on: February 02, 2008, 16:25:34 PM »
Time for an update on BOY methinks Pav.  Hope he's doing ok, Phoebe too

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #389 on: January 30, 2008, 12:02:41 PM »
Glad he is doing well even though he is peeing.  Sorry about Phoebe and hope she is ok.  Sorry too that you are working long hours as well as having to cope with the stress of sickness in your furbabies.  I am feeling a lot better since I brought Dragan's ashes home thanks Pav.  Will def phone you

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #388 on: January 30, 2008, 11:36:33 AM »
Yes, thankyou every one. I am sorry i havent updated on Boy. Am working long hours now and with hospital appointments and my own back problem , just :tired:. Also had to take Phoebe back to the vet for her tooth and chin problems and last night she got sick and it was hairball but the colour was like when blood is mixed with water really pink blood and now i dont know if its to do with removing her tooth or not?

Boy is doing fine , taking his med and going back on 13th of Feb for more tests and still not using the tray , i dont know if its related to diabetes?

He uses the tray do his poo and then straight away goes and wee some where else and just staires at me!!!

Chrissie, how are you feeling your self ?   :hug: :hug:

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #387 on: January 30, 2008, 08:33:50 AM »
Yes Pav, I have to admit I am a bit worried as not heard any update on BOY for a while.  Hope he is well and you of course

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #386 on: January 30, 2008, 08:20:37 AM »
Thats very interesting T, I knew about UTI's, but never knew diabetes could cause spraying.
Hope Boy is OK Pav.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat