Author Topic: Strange behaviour.  (Read 3652 times)

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: Rosie and Ruby x
Re: Strange behaviour.
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 19:41:56 PM »
When Misty was a Kitten, I took Him Up to My Granfather's house up North, I did wonder How my Grandfather's Cat Fraser would react
to Little Misty, and thought it Funny that, when Fraser met Misty for the First Time " He Seemed a Little Bemused ?? " by the little furball
Chasing His Tale etc, etc, I was up there for a fortnight, and after 3 day's was absolutly amazed  :wow: by what Fraser started to do !!
Every day for the rest of the time I was there, Fraser would go off Hunting, and no matter where Misty and I were, he'd find us, and He'd
have a Live Mouse in His Mouth, at first I thought Fraser caught it for himself, but I soon discovered, what he was actually doing was bringing
it Back for Misty, Fraser would Lay the mouse down in front of Misty ( as If He was his dad, learning Misty the ropes about mice :evillaugh:)
and if the poor mouse managed to escape Misty, Fraser would go catch it again and bring it back to Him :Luv:
Im laughing now cause I can still hear my Granda having a Hairy Fit, when Fraser would take the live mouse into the house  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Not sure, but maybe Harry is just mothering the kitten too  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 19:32:15 PM »
My Yagga done that to Lola and Baz done it with Yagga....Id say harry's doin this in play but he must be playing rough so really continue as you were by not leaving them alone together and all should be fine  ;)

ccmacey

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 19:25:39 PM »
He is carrying her hou a mum cat woulde carry a kitten, he's not at her all the time just when he gets in a playfull mood. Harry has been done which was not the case in the other thread. I just thought it a bit strange thats all.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 15:01:41 PM »
Yes I originally thought you meant he was carrying her like a mum cat would do not in an attacking sense.  If he is using his teeth in a forceful way he could easily deeply puncture her throat/neck.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 15:00:10 PM »
ah, then in that case i agree with MM, get a large cage and keep the kitten safe.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2007, 14:58:45 PM »
I would keep them seperate until delilah is big enough to defend herself, this is in the same vein of the thread about 7wk kitten vs 7month kitten where no one considered it OK.  :shify: different responses just cos he was a newbie.

Harry could easily get carried away and hurt her.

ccmacey

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 13:04:10 PM »
what is she doing when he slaps her?

She could be just going about her business and he will just sit and watch, then bam! He sits and waits and she is too scared to go past him. Harry is a hunter so is he trying to hunt her, just with him doing it to the rabbit also.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »
what is she doing when he slaps her? Mother cats slap their kittens when they are being bad.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 12:56:43 PM »
He's either trying to mother her or get rid of her  :evillaugh:

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 12:55:47 PM »
He is the only one in the house that bully's her so I dont know whats going on  :-: If she is not under my watchfull eye he will be sitting watching her and then gives her a slap.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 12:48:12 PM »
sounds like he has decided the kitten is hisbaby. Wants to take it into a warm room and look after it ... :Luv:

ccmacey

Strange behaviour.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:42:11 PM »
Hi peeps I have a question- why on earth would a cat be picking a kitten up by the back of it's neck?

Harry (as always) has been really strange with the new kitten, first it started with him giving her a lick on her head and ears now and again when he got close to her but now he's taken to grabbing her by the scruff of her neck and dragging her through to the kitchen  :Crazy: I really dont know whats up with this cat he gets stranger (and naughtyer) every day. He also used to do this with my rabbit when it was little.  :-:

Link to CatChat