Author Topic: little ginger cat, Ive now caught him!  (Read 7675 times)

Offline SpecialRed

• Senior Cat
Re: little ginger cat, Ive now caught him!
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2007, 19:42:27 PM »
He definately sounds like a STEVE!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 19:32:31 PM »
I will put Cornelius, Eugustus, Norman & Dave in the auction for kitten names  :evillaugh:

Ps, what are babbits?  :naughty:

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 21:50:03 PM »
Im on a mission to name something cornelius and eugustus  :evillaugh:

Sounds good to me, I'm on a similar, but much less posher, mission - to name everyone Norman or Dave.  I have succeeded on both counts with babbits and guinea pigs but quite frankly it's about time that cats muscled in on the act.  I reckon Norman for a ginge.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 13:57:56 PM »
Ooohhh! I like "pumpkin" :wow: I have a "list" of names I like for when suitable fluffies come along, and I've always liked "rowan" (as in the tree, not Mr. Atkinson!), "Pooka" (mischevious shape-shifting faery that often took animal form), "cookie" (just coz its sweet), or "urchin" to reflect his origins! :rofl: :evillaugh:
Good luck in choosing a name, he sounds gorgeous! He's so lucky to have found such a caring and patient meowmy - I'm sure he'll come on in leaps and bounds with you :)

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
he is still only allowed in the spare room other than when he is on supervised visits as he has a habbit to lash out at you im covered in scrathches but its well worth it,
He still has no name  :shy:

Ill try and post pictures next week of him, He is gorgeous  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2007, 21:33:28 PM »
Yay, he will soon be nice and plump  :Luv2:

Im on a mission to name something cornelius and eugustus  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2007, 14:03:24 PM »
Great news and well done  ;D

I dont know what colour ginger but used to have two gonger visirors who were pale and one I called Apricot and the other Gingerbread.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2007, 14:00:57 PM »
I quite like Ginger Snaps
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2007, 13:00:16 PM »
Well done Zoe !!!

Just take it slow with him - I couldnt touch Tramp when he first turned up here but now he is a LAP CAT !!  All he wants is cuddles and sleeps on our bed. He doesnt mind my 10 other cats, although, he does Skits out every now and then lol

Names -
Pumpkin !

• Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2007, 11:36:47 AM »
I have pics but everything is still in boxes at the moment so can't find my cable to link my phone to pc  :shy:

I wont be around much untill after xmas but whenever i am at my mates i will keep you all updated!  ;D

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2007, 11:32:56 AM »
Awww Zoe that's great! Its soo lovely that you have been able to keep him, and that he is settled in so well - he obviously knows what a wonderful meowmy he has found :Luv:
Pics as soon as you get some, please!  ;D
Will have to think about some suitably adorable names for him.... ;)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2007, 11:29:10 AM »
sorry i havent been around to up date you all but we are in the middle of houses at the moment, We have moved into our flat but its only temp untill after xmas then we are moving into a house  ;D

Little ginger needs a name  :shy:
He has been to the vets he has drops for his eyes and has been neutured he is approximatly A year old,
He wasnt going to stay because of us moving but i asked the vets and they kept him there whilst we were moving and he is now back at our flat with us, He has supervised visits to meet the kittens and has calmed down loads, You are now allowed to stroke him,
He is very underweight and only weighed 2kg at the vets so is on a special diet.

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2007, 12:28:15 PM »
That's great news - well done you! ;D Good luck at the vets - I'm sure he'll come on in leaps and bounds now that he is safe, warm and being looked after :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2007, 10:21:41 AM »
Congrats on catching him and fingers crossed for Mon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 21:42:46 PM »
Well done on catching the little ginger cat   ;D
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 20:11:14 PM »
congratulations. Hope he also has a selection of boxes to hide in. Well done for being so persistent

Didn't think of that, Ill now go and put my microwave box in there on its side,

Ive put some towels and a bed in there for him and also popped the heating on for a bit  :Luv:

• Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 20:10:08 PM »
And some food & water too I hope  :evillaugh:

Well done  :hug: - glad this little puss won't be spending a cold winter outside  :Luv:

Of course there's food and water in there  ;D

Ill try and get a picture later but can't promise nothing  :rofl:

:hug:

well done. hope your carpet survives the weekend and kitty is ok when you get him to the vet

If it doesn't im not too worried, Atleast he will have a chance now, he doesnt look very old, About 6-7 months old maybe slightly older  :Luv:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2007, 20:09:46 PM »
congratulations. Hope he also has a selection of boxes to hide in. Well done for being so persistent

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2007, 19:59:38 PM »
well done. hope your carpet survives the weekend and kitty is ok when you get him to the vet
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2007, 19:59:15 PM »
And some food & water too I hope  :evillaugh:

Well done  :hug: - glad this little puss won't be spending a cold winter outside  :Luv:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2007, 19:56:22 PM »
I went to check on the trap about 30 minutes ago and there was a very grumpt little ginger cat in there,
I took the trap into my spare room and opened it, He came out and went straight to the chicken that i put in there,
He was not at all happy but has quitened down a bit now,
It will be a trip to the vets on monday as he is extremely thin and his eyes are all wet and sticky  :'(

Ive put a litter tray in there and newspaper on the floor so my carpet doesn't get too ruined if he doesn't use the tray!

• Hero Cat
Re: little ginger cat
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 16:11:11 PM »
I got the trap this morning ans so far have caught a little black cat with a collar on, A massive black and white cat but not the little ginger one  :(

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 22:00:47 PM »
Fingers crossed for him.
Please spay your cat

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 15:52:08 PM »
Im borrowing a trap of CP on saturday but the women thinks i will catch a few cats before i catch him  :rofl:

I fed him before i went to work this morning and i fed him again when i got back in  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 19:43:27 PM »
I would stick to the CP, as the PDSA are for peoples pet not strays and the RSCPA may not keep him for rehoming.
Keep feeding him until CP have space to take him  ;D

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 14:52:06 PM »
Sorry about that i should of mentioned all the scratching in the first post  :shy:

I will ring CP now,
He seems to spending longer and longer in my garden

That's a good sign - seems he knows when he's on to a good thing (or a good hooman :))

Good luck!

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »
Sorry about that i should of mentioned all the scratching in the first post  :shy:

I will ring CP now,
He seems to spending longer and longer in my garden

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 11:53:16 AM »
Your previous post made it sound very easy to pop the collar on giving the impression he was very tame; borrow a trap without delay

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 11:48:32 AM »
my bf grabbed hold of him and got clawed to pieces and so did i my arms are shredded to pieces,
Should i just try and grab him again? I don't mind getting scratched to pieces as i just hate to see him so thin and out in the cold and wet weather that we have now, He looks very young but this may be because he is so thin.

Do you have any ideas without trapping him? As im sure CP could give there trap to someone who really needs it and he isnt all that bad as a few scrathches soon go away  ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 11:39:48 AM »
How did you manage to put the paper collar on him? This little one shouldn`t need a trap.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 11:29:29 AM »
he has just been sitting up my window sill  :Luv: i wish i could get closer to him and pick him up but i know this wont happen,
I have just unlocked my shead and poped some chicken and some cat food in there and if i see him go in there im going to shut the door and then try and go in there with my cat carrier and pop him along to the vets, I doubt this will go to plan though  :rofl:

I will give CP a ring and see if i could borrow a trap as they took the last ginger one in and rehomed him, Untill i got my bridge babe kitty there was never any cats around here but i now see loads of them and i only know that 1 or 2 of them have homes, Hope more than this do though if not i will end up catching them all the time and i would be so tempted to keep them,
If i catch him and get him to the vets i will probably bring him back here confide him to one room and see how it goes the only thing is i have 2 kittens and don't want any fighting.
 :thanks:

Offline unseeliechylde

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:19:49 AM »
usually the PDSA or RSPCA can help with vet treatment if you can't afford it - assuming you can catch him! Most rescue orgs have "humane traps" and you might be able to borrow one? These are the same type of drop-door baited cages that they use to catch injured wildlife or strays, they are completely safe, and though ginger might get a scare, he won't be harmed and it is better than him wandering the streets with no meowmy to take care of him.
Good luck (to you and gingercat - I too have a soft spot for our red-headed feline friends!)

• Hero Cat
little ginger cat, Ive now caught him!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:35:45 AM »
I don't know what it is with me and ginger cats but a few weeks ago there was a stray one hanging around my back garden i caught him and CP took him in and he now has a home  :Luv:

Last week i noticed a very skinny looking ginger cat in our garden and i could hear him meowing i left it a couple of days but he was still around so i poped a paper collar on him and got no response. I have been feeding him in the garden and he keeps coming back about 4 times a day for more food, Ideally i would like to trap him and pop him along to the vets but he is a scaredy cat and runs if you get near him, Over the last few days he has calmed down a bit and will stay eating if you stay near him which is better than before,

How could i go about cathcing him? If i do manage to catch him would i be able to get financial help for taking him to the vets? As im slightly skint

All advice welcome  :thanks:

« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 19:51:47 PM by zoe (tiggy + pipins mum) »

Link to CatChat