Author Topic: runs not getting any better  (Read 7915 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: runs not getting any better
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2007, 22:42:05 PM »
luna and mango have had runs now for about 6 wk

they have had 2 lots of prokolin and antibiotic injections and tablits
i

Using probiotic and antibiotics together defeats the object of the probioitic. Probiotic should be used straight AFTER the course of antibiotics as antibotics cancel out the probitoic, don't know if your vet told you this? Antibiotics themselves can cause diarrhea so you've got a viscious cycle, and I can't see that further antibiotics are going to help the situation really. Have you tried the Lacto B probiotic? Maybe give that one a try after their current course of antibiotics, and I would also feed just cooked chicken (unless you already tried that?) for a couple of days and gradually change them back to their normal food, adding the probiotic.

Actually several of mine have had a respiratory infection that seemed to go hand in hand with the runs (most unusual for my lot!), but it was just a 3-4 day thing, then seemed to clear up.

Sorry its been getting you down, hope something helps them soon.  :hug:

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 22:36:49 PM »
Oh dear CC could they have eaten something bad ??..

I hope that the vets manages to find out what is going on ..try to take it easy yourself as well :)
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 22:31:39 PM »
no lotty but when i got into the vets i nearly broke down and said what have i done in a former life to deserve porly pets like this

she knew i was getting desparate i just told her to do anything to get rid of the dharrea now cause its getting mi down

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 22:27:24 PM »
So sorry to hear this CC.  It must be so waring and not at all surprised you had a cry. Best of luck with the dy food.  :hug:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 22:24:56 PM »
Poor girls (human and feline!) Hope Mango and Luna get sorted soon for their sake and for yours. Is the vet doing blood tests as well as poo samples?
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
runs not getting any better
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 22:11:28 PM »
luna and mango have had runs now for about 6 wk

they have had 2 lots of prokolin and antibiotic injections and tablits

i got up this morn to runs all over the litter tray , wood floor and carpet and there was a little blood in it  :sick:

i took luna and mango back to the vets , she said there intestines are a little swollen and that they were ok but she needs some samples of there poo to get them on the right antibiotic . The sample will take about 5 days though
she has also put them on i/d dry food to help stop it

wish me look for tonight , there getting shut in the bathroom , i cant cope wi that mess again
i had been up with the gorls all night they have had a virus and were sick all night and then i had to get up to cat poo all over
i felt like crying , in fact i did  :tired:

Link to CatChat