Author Topic: Peeing (again)  (Read 8158 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: Peeing (again)
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 19:42:27 PM »
I know exactly how you feel.

Zubin is peeing in on the lounge carpet. I have just found another damp patch. It is driving me mad, what IS the best thing for spraying on the affected area?.
If I catch him I shout and he's knows he's done wrong but  9 out of 10 he's already done it. I wouldn't mind but there are two trays to choose from.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 19:33:22 PM »
 :hug: Mark it's hard to cope with all the time.  I had a peeing prob with one of my Burmese Bow many years ago and i never realised why he was doing it. Every day he would wee up all the skirting boards in every room and my moggey Ben became nervious and and hiding. Back then i don't know they didnt like each other and it was because of that.  When my Bow passed on to the bridge, Ben became a totally different cat and got on great with my other Burmese Arnie.  

I might have replied before but if i was in your position now and not wanting to rehome Willow, i woiud def get in a cat behaviourist hun.  I am pretty sure the prob won't mend itself and the behaviourist do deal with this all the time as it's the most common problem they deal with. If they give you a solution that works with keeping all the gang together i bet you wished you did got them in before and with all the money on the sprays, it would prob cover their fee? . If they say that it the prob is here to stay if Willow, Kyle and clapton were to stay, then at least you know what the solution would be and have that decsion to make or not.  It might be for the best for the cats and you and your partner. I feel for you and the cats cause you all are upset over it.   :hug:
« Last Edit: October 31, 2007, 19:38:37 PM by Tan »

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 19:24:40 PM »
well you know the routine by now Mark.

Medical, mental?

don't know how good simple solution is for clearing messes and taking it all up.
don't let him in the hall for a month to try and stop the cycle of peeing if its in one place. put something where it is - a litter tray if it will fit or a nice spiky cactus plant.
Pen him up for a while to ensure he always uses the tray and don't let him out unless you're ready to watch him.
rehome him.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Peeing (again)
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 19:13:29 PM »
I got in tonight and fed clapton. He eats in the hallway as it has amtico floor. I went in the kitchen and came out a minute later and he was gone. The stairs from the ground floor to the basement are carpeted. He wasn't scent-marking but actually gushing a long wee at the bottom of the stairs. One of the main reasons I went out was to get more Some Simple Solution for that same area as it had been marked. I am at my wits end and can't deal with it any more. I shouted at him and he hid under the bed but is now after fusses on the sofa. As much as I love cats, I don't think I will be having any more as I can't cope with peeing any more  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat