Author Topic: how cute is this little face?!?!?  (Read 4630 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: how cute is this little face?!?!?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 14:24:36 PM »
This thread has been blown up out of all preportion by people misunderstanding what what was said and therefore I am locking it to save more misunderstanding

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 09:53:17 AM »
ok, now i'm upset - of course this was an innocent posting. its a cute kitten (yes, as are all kittens).

Don't be, All you did was post a cute pic as indeed have many, many members. You were not asking a rescue to take in  and causing more worry for rescues. Even if you had asked for a home what we have to remember is that there are over 900 members on here, although I appreciate quite a few have not posted for months and others just joined so they could vote once.  (I know that loophole has been closed.). Occasionally a member not in rescue offers to helps cats in need as indeed happened very recently when we were initially  told two cats were to be PTS at the end of the month. Now to me that is a good thing and in keeping with the rescue side of things which is one of the main aims of this site I would have thought.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:58:47 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2007, 08:33:04 AM »
thats like one nearly every six-seven weeks!!!!!!  jealous much me......  yep!

:rofl: :rofl:

I think we are all agreed on the importance of rescue and in our admiration for those at the front line of rescue.  I also agree that pedigree cats and rescue cats aren't mutually exclusive, with many of us having both and supporting rescues one way or another as well as loving a particular breed.  And I don't think there's such a thing as too many cute kitten pics  ;D

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2007, 00:27:42 AM »
thanks  :shy:

linda - i cannot believe you've got 11 bengals in 18 months!!!!!!!!  thats mad!!!!!!!!!!!!  thats like one nearly every six-seven weeks!!!!!!  jealous much me......  yep!

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 00:24:39 AM »
Linda you are welcome to show your bengals as you know we all love them, as  are all Purrs members welcomed to show pictures of their cats, I didnt know you were promoting breeding. 

Gill I think you have misinterpreted my post.  I shall keep my views on breeding to myself for the purpose of this thread.  What I was alluding to is that by posting the bengals on the forum (who are pedigree cats sold by breeders) then I too could be seen as promoting breeding above rescue cats.

We really all need to be clear on what the 'rules' are on this forum because I can assure you I am not.  I come here to speak to likeminded people and because I love all cats, be they pedigrees or rescues.  I do not believe them to be mutually exclusive.  I admire very much the work of the rescues on here and am v supportive.  Indeed until 18 months ago every cat I owned was a rescue.

Hannah, seems like you have support here on the forum so please dont be upset x

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2007, 00:19:48 AM »
Hannah dont get upset, In more or less everyones opinions you have done nothing wrong i dont think.

of course if that is in doubt we could always put the whole senario to a public vote .. what we got 900 odd members now, could be an interesting result i think .

I agree with Lynn .... don't get upset by this hun.  The title of the thread explained everything perfectly to me ...  a cute little face.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2007, 00:14:27 AM »
Hannah dont get upset, In more or less everyones opinions you have done nothing wrong i dont think.

of course if that is in doubt we could always put the whole senario to a public vote .. what we got 900 odd members now, could be an interesting result i think .

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2007, 00:11:47 AM »
Yes Teresa you are perfectly correct but also quotes from them, which give the indication of exactly where ethey have come from

Then in future Gill you must not question people on details of the pics as in the case here had you not asked the info would never been given, esp if it is fair to say with a well known long standing member we would certainly have known had it been hers.

Also I hope everyone reads this as i have some advice

If anyone is going to post a photo similar to the situation of this one please do not say where the pic came from or any details, that way no one will have any problems with it.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2007, 00:09:21 AM »
ok, now i'm upset - of course this was an innocent posting. its a cute kitten (yes, as are all kittens).

i'm not getting into an arguement here, but i dont want anyone thinking bad of me.

lesson learnt and i shall not post such things as i did last night again (as i never have previously).

to be honest until i found cat chat i had no idea things like mentioned on the other post existed.  i have learnt so much here and am very grateful for it. 

i thought with both these threads i had followed the rules for purrs -no names were mentioned and to be honest, i cant even remember which bloomin sites they were on so i can assure you no indication of anything was given. i was just bored. 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2007, 23:35:42 PM »
I thought it was free ads links and advertisements that were unwelcome here or maybe my senile mind has got the wrong end of the stick. :)

Yes Teresa you are perfectly correct but also quotes from them, which give the indication of exactly where ethey have come from.

Linda you are welcome to show your bengals as you know we all love them, as  are all Purrs members welcomed to show pictures of their cats, I didnt know you were promoting breeding.  However  I suspect this was not just an innocent post, or it may have been but its timing was bad with another post, and therefore was perceived differently when it first was seen.

I think Jackspratt summed this up well , hes pretty cute......but what kitten isnt.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2007, 21:54:43 PM »
Must admit as a Rescue I used to detest all breeders.  Catchat and Purrs  opened my eyes to the fact that there are Good Breeders out there and also there are people who have pedigree cats that are very supportive of rescue work. If I didnt do rescue and was looking for cats my choice would be a breed I am very fond of the Devon Rex. I love Bengals  but having rescued more than one and gained excellent advice from Linda I know I could never cope with them. Linda I look forward to looking at the pictures of your beautiful benglies,they give me so much pleasure please keep posting the pictures.
I thought it was free ads links and advertisements that were unwelcome here or maybe my senile mind has got the wrong end of the stick. :)

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2007, 21:19:06 PM »
I find it incredibly sad that someone cant innocently post some cute pics without being made to feel they have done something wrong.  I do appreciate the main purpose of Purrs is to help those in rescue but I think you will find that most regular posters on this site have done something to contribute over the last year or so. 

I know not everyone agrees with Pedigrees or Breeding and I respect that.  Just like I would ask everyone to respect my opinions too.  Does this mean I should not longer post the bengals because I am promoting breeding ?????????

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2007, 18:34:24 PM »
He is pretty cute....but then, what kitten isn't? ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2007, 18:01:34 PM »
Yes Hannah

his is a big aawwwwww for his/her cutness, beautiful eyes
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2007, 17:57:42 PM »
I will pm you lynn

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2007, 14:33:46 PM »
was just browsing the ads and thought this was a very cute kitten and then went

I wouldn't worry too much Hannah, the full ins and outs were forced out of you. Just do a detention tonight ;D
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2007, 08:11:08 AM »
Did I miss something here but i thought ad browsing and posting about it wasnt allowed as it gives them publicity even though we're against it, however i cant seen posting a photo of a random kitten just coz its cute is doing any harm if there are no details with it.  In that case i have been bad for that loads of times when i see something i find exceptionally cute and post as does many others. 

If we are now not allowed to post any photos of any kittens  or adult cats that may possibly be for sale or photos from any unknown sources then you'll have to "ammend the rules" and let us all know please.

I am sorry if hannah originally gave more info and its been deleted or ammended in some way that i've not seen, but a random kitten pic with no details of who/why/where etc i fail to see the  problem.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 23:06:12 PM »
no problem , thanks  :hug:

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2007, 22:54:14 PM »
oh. ok. sorry.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 22:51:51 PM »
I am not deleting anything but I am sure you know we dont approve of all this ad browsing and posting it on Purrs.

Please browse if you wish but dont involve Purrs with the results cos there are so many needy cats out there that dont have homes that are being rescued By Teresa, Dawn, Lesley, Ron  and all the others without the unnecessary breeding of kittens for sale like this.

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2007, 22:47:29 PM »
ok - sorry i'm confused now??  feel free to delete anything that shouldnt be here, i was just browsing the ads and thought this was a very cute kitten and then went to another set of ads and saw about the other cats.  its not the same cats.   sorry if i've been naughty  :-:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2007, 22:44:07 PM »
i susp3ect you know the answer cos also saw the other thread!

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2007, 22:43:18 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm gill???  am i in trouble??  :scared:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2007, 22:42:29 PM »
Awwww what a sweetheart  :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2007, 22:42:02 PM »
hmmmmmmmmmm

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2007, 22:41:23 PM »
oh goodness no - you think i'd keep that quiet!!!  no, just for sale in aberdeen, i'm slightly addicted to looking out the cuteness  ;D

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 22:38:58 PM »
is he yours?

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 22:38:07 PM »
apparently a little british shorthair, but i thought more something along the lines you said.  either way, scrumptiously cute!!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 22:36:57 PM »
whos is he......looks like a baby birman maybe. ;D

Offline hannah (weeny)

• Honorary Cat
  • JASPER!!
how cute is this little face?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 22:31:23 PM »
seriously high rater on the gooey factor - - toooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to CatChat