Author Topic: I'm so worried  (Read 8511 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: I'm so worried
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 09:27:01 AM »
Is it possible she had a stroke, I know a cat I had many years ago had the same symptoms. Although I appreciate my symptoms for many different things are the similar.
Perhaps you could have another word with your vet as if it was thought it may have been a stroke certain medication can reduce the chances of it happening again.
I agree that it is now necessary to keep her in, can you imagine if there were any recurrence and she was outside. Also she will not now be as quick to get away from any potential dangers that are out there.

RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
Re: I'm so worried
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 09:16:28 AM »
I have had this happen to my cat in the last three weeks.  He has had a couple of shots of Rimadyl and is now on Arthri Aid and is bouncing round.  Vet said his knee joints are crepey and it is common in older cats.

Offline Wildcat

• Adult Cat
I'm so worried
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 08:26:21 AM »
Hi there

Last Wednesday, I came home from work to find that my little cat Woody's back legs had collapsed, and she could hardly walk. She is 13..

I absolutely panicked and took her to the emergency vet, he thought that she had probably had a fall and gave her some Metacam (I think) There are no lumps and bumps and she doesn't seem to be in pain at all.

Anyway my own vet wanted to do an Xray, but found out that Woody had a heart murmur and her heart was racing and therefore decided against it, so instead did a load of bloodtests. I'm pleased to say that everything came back normal (i.e. kidneys/liver etc) but unfortunately her legs are still really wobbly. The vet has now said its probably down to old age, but I don't agree because of the speed in which this happened..

Has anyone else been through this, and do you know of anything that may help?

I am so worried about her, and I can see that she doesn't quite understand whats happening.. and she is a real outdoor cat, but now I have to keep her in.

Woody and Fluffy

Link to CatChat