Author Topic: It's definitely going to have to be towels on top of the doors!  (Read 1756 times)

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
Re: It's definitely going to have to be towels on top of the doors!
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 18:40:51 PM »
Yes have towels or socks on top of every door here  ;D ;D

Snap Gill our house is a towel sanctuary lol
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 18:38:13 PM »
Yes - they are made of foam or similar (rather pricey I thought - £4 for 1!  I'm sure I can get them cheaper elsewhere).  When I first put it on Mosi got all excited about it as he could see there was something on top of the door and wanted to get at it, but hopefully he'll get over that.  And Jaffa will no longer get shut in the hallway!  ;D   Honestly, what with child proof locks on the kitchen cupboards and door stoppers on the door, it's like having a toddler around!

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 17:49:46 PM »
yep I use those door stoppers as well - 4 nosy cats and 2 toddlers!

I got mine from Woolworths I think and they are sort of like foam or rubber mixture. They are great and stay on the doors really easily.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 16:56:57 PM »
What about them big rubber things that you put on the doors to stop kids trapping there fingers.

they look like them pedicure things

I've just bought one of those from Boots to try out.  It's like 3/4 of a doughnut with a hole in the middle and goes over the top or the side of the door.  It's white, same colour as the door, so should be fairly unobtrusive.  Better than a blue towel anyway! Just the kind of thing I was after as I dont' really want to wedge the door into a fixed position.  I just want to prevent it closing all the way.

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 22:23:05 PM »
What about them big rubber things that you put on the doors to stop kids trapping there fingers.

they look like them pedicure things
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 20:33:35 PM »
Yes have towels or socks on top of every door here  ;D ;D

Sasa is getting an attention demander and has taken to slamming open the study door and squeaking for attention and Misa likes to try and slam it shut from inside to stop the others coming in!! Then of course he ends up being shut in............sigh

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
It's definitely going to have to be towels on top of the doors!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 20:18:41 PM »
You may remember a few weeks ago I posted about Mosi's habit of pushing doors shut.  I started putting stuff over the top of them to make sure he couldn't close them properly, but that didn't last long and he's not been too bad lately.  Got home today and he'd completely closed the living room door (latched shut) and poor Jaffa was shut in the hallway.  Mosi was shut the other side of the door.  So Jaffa had the bedroom and bathroom while Mosi had the living room and kitchen.  Obviously Mosi hasn't yet learnt how to open doors (or maybe he just didnt' want to - perhaps this was payback time for Jaffa hissing at him when he returned from the vets the other week).  Poor Jaffa had no litter tray so I'm glad I wasnt any later getting home!  Going to have to get some door wedges or put the towels back on top of the doors.  Jaffa gave me such a look when I opened the front door (he came around after some cuddles and a special tea).  He wasn't impressed at all.

Link to CatChat