Author Topic: Worried about Tiger again  (Read 47227 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Worried about Tiger again
« Reply #186 on: August 18, 2007, 17:04:15 PM »
Wishing you the very best of luck with the dry....wow what a selection  :wow: is there anyway you can put something (say a set of drawers) next to the matress in the hope that will be a shorter drop for her.....i can imagine her sat up the top feeling all proud lol!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #185 on: August 18, 2007, 16:55:16 PM »
Cheers, we need some good news, things were looking bleak Wed and Thurs. Not sure about the Antepsin yet, she has only had it for a few days - it is 0.5ml twice a day, and as it is a white liquidy thing, I didn't think she would take it in food, so that could be why she was quiet, it isn't an amount you can do in one go (or I dont think anyway). Sadly, the tummy is only one issue, and she wont be 100% healthy even if we do have it sorted, but at the moment, the most worrying.
Please spay your cat

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2007, 16:46:34 PM »
Hi Desley, good luck with all the dry nosh. That's quite a selection! Hope the legs aren't too bad; they find it so easy to get up somewhere but always seem to forget they've got to come down....
I must've missed it before, sorry, I see you use Antepsin. Does it work well and does it have side effects? Does it make her feel sick or dopey then (as you say in case it made her quiet).  Hope all goes ok now you have her food sorted - hopefully.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2007, 15:54:23 PM »
WElll, have gone and bought loads of different dry food, she now has 3 flavours of JWB (she doesn't like the duck or it would be all 4!!), Perfect Fit Sensitive, which is Chicken, and Salmon ARden Grange, in the hope that a variety will be enough to keep her happy on mainly dry. She likes every flavour fortunately, so has eaten a decent amount of food today. Have stopped the Antepsin in case that is why she is quiet, and the vet told me to try her on MEtacam in case she had hurt her leg jumping down - if she had, she didn't realise, cos she did it again this morning, only she jumped down from about 5 foot, didn't have the sense to slide down more - so she is back to sitting in one place and barely moving!!
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #182 on: August 17, 2007, 07:47:52 AM »
Gill, she has never been a stray, the reason for her demanding food all the time is because of her thryoid being suppressed due to whatever is making her ill, she is never sick on the days where I give in and feed her more, which is the odd part. Yet again this morning she only picked at her chicken, so gave in and gave her a mix of sensitivity wet and Morrisons own brand, and she tucked in and practically cleared the plate. The problem with sticking with food that she likes is that it has the potential to make her sick, she wont stick with the food that doesn't, or she gets fed up of it!! I am trying to work out what to feed her so she is happy but not sick. She has only been sick cos of eating too quickly once, and while she might not be able to self regulate her food, I do, and even when I give in to her, there is a minimum of a half hour period between servings so it isn't too much in one go.
The other worry, of course, is that she has had tummy issues for nearly 2 months now, but it initially manifested itself as diarrhea, she was rarely sick in the beginning, it has now turned round. Wish the vets hadn't told me that they couldn't rule out lymphoma despite the ultrasounds and bloods, I might not have been quite so worried. IF it is a simple food intolerance, I can't work that out either, as there is such a wide range of foods that have made her sick.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007, 08:20:56 AM by Desley (booktigger) »
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2007, 23:47:09 PM »
My birmans are often sick, although its often got grass or fur in!

They like Purina one but thats the one they bring up usually and when they eat Technical biscuits they dont seem to be sick. I am hoping that they will gradually eat more technical and forget purina, a;though sasa and misa like them.

Mine all have wet and dry and Misa likes to eat one mouth of wet then one mouth of dry  :rofl:

Obviously you are with Tiger all the time but I feel that maybe you should stick with one sort of food that she likes  and stop keep changing it cos it sounds like her system doesnt have a chance to get used to anything before its changed again. Maybe also she is not able to self determine how much she eats cos of the changes so will keep on eating till she is sick. I dont know what her history was but if she was a stray at sometime the demanding food all the time could be to do with that. Also if you dont feed her cos she gets sick then she will get very hungry and keep on eating , probably till she is sick again.

I may be wrong cos I lose track of time  :rofl:

I know that I have had visiting cats who have come and eaten lots of Kockas food and then gone outside and been sick immediately. the worst thing was when one came back and ate everything it had upchucked! Usually they were sick cos they had gobbled , eaten too much, it was new to them but they wanted the free meal. If the same cat came in again to steal it was always more careful in how much it ate, it educated itself   ;D

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2007, 20:21:29 PM »
That's where I have a prob though Ruth, she has even been sick on the sensitivity food, if I stop every food that has made her sick, there are very few options other than purely dry with chicken/white fish, but she only picks at that and demands food everytime you go in the kitchen, so obviously hungry on that option, and that isn't fair on her either.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #179 on: August 16, 2007, 20:15:49 PM »
Aw bless her she's beautiful  :Luv:

Prob better to stick to what you know she'l keep down otherwise im sure she'l become sore with all the chucking..... hope her leg isnt too painfull the poor baby  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2007, 20:10:09 PM »
Dont think it is that Ruth, she likes her JWB normally. She has been fussy again tonight, I am getting to the stage where I am going to have to decide whether to keep her on bland food so she is well, but put up with her seeming hungry yet not liking what you put down, or give her what I know she will wolf down, but potentially could make her sick - in which case she will still be asking for food as she will have an empty belly. She isn't that keen on fish or chicken, but they have both been microwaved, which is'nt normal. Not noticed much improvement on the Antepsin either. Going to get the small bags of JWB at weekend, so she can have a choice of flavours.
Another odd thing today was she decided not to stop at scratching the spare mattress, but to climb it as well (never tried it in all her time here) - sadly, she didn't get down as well, and has been limping ever since, it was a hell of a thud, not sure how much she jumped rather than slid. Here is a pic of the cheeky madam on the mattress!!

Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #177 on: August 16, 2007, 13:01:29 PM »
Have you tried adding water to the dry? Maybe its the consistancy she dos'nt really like  ;)

Were all rooting for you Tiger  :Luv:

>Des we know how much Tiger has a special place in your heart  :hug: :hug: :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #176 on: August 16, 2007, 07:52:50 AM »
Me too Christine, cos otherwise being sick 5 times in 5 days isnt a good sign. There isnt even any consistency with it either. If only I could convince her to eat purely dry, as she isn't sick off that. She is on her meds now though, she will hate me by the time they finish, esp as I have to catch her near her food bowl, it is the only way to do it with her. She didn't play at all last night, in fact, she barely came down, and when she did, all she wanted was food and then to go out (didn't let her out in case she was on the hunt for grass again).
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #175 on: August 15, 2007, 21:35:57 PM »
So, please keep your fingers crossed this is just a temporary blip and not the start of something more serious.

I, of all people, will hope it is a blip.

Seriously, you know I do.  Keep us posted.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #174 on: August 15, 2007, 20:12:05 PM »
Thanks - spoke to the vet who said to put her on the Antepsin for 3 days and see how she goes, which I have done. No idea why she is fussy with her dry - both girls love their dry food, yet try and give it to them with no wet food in sight, and they both refuse to eat it!! She has a choice of 4 dry foods at the moment, so at least she has variety. She can't have eaten too much wet, unless there was too much 'normal' food rather than sensitivity. Gave her white fish and biscuits for her tea, she keeps ignoring it but pestering for food!! It is worrying how much food she is asking for, I suspect it is connected with her thyroid level being out of sync. Neither vet has suggested meds though.
Ruth - I hope it is the Whiskas, although she was fine on both Morrisons and ASda own!! I dont feed Whiskas to my own cats, I was obviously distracted this morning, and gave her some of Lucy's food!! Mind you, she has also been sick off Nature's Menu, Almo Nature, Felix, and the RC sensitivity, so who knows what is making her sick!! I dont think she has ever brought up her dry though, which is odd. The other problem with sticking to things is that ideally I would stick to the RC sensitivity, but she gets fed up of it, and lets face it, it is so bland and only comes in 2 flavours that I can't blame her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #173 on: August 15, 2007, 20:06:36 PM »
....not wanting to diss Whiskas here but i have a cat like that.....also the Whiskas dry she cannot tolerate  >:(

Id just stick to the ones you know she seems okay with just change the flavours....Good luck  ;)

Hope she manages to feel better soon  :hug:
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 20:07:33 PM by Ruth (Bazsmum) »

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #172 on: August 15, 2007, 13:08:02 PM »
good luck with her. Why won't she stick to dry if it doesn't make her sick at all? Did she maybe get hungry and eat too much wet? Hope you can find and stick to one which stays down.
all the best.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #171 on: August 15, 2007, 12:40:53 PM »
WAs really pleased with her last night, she was back into demanding food big style, but keeping everything down and playing lots - I did say to my friend that I hoped her sudden change of character was a good thing. Have had to come home for lunch though, as she has been sick 3 times so far today, so am not going to give her any dinner, and either chicken or white fish for tea. Have got a provisional appointment for tonight for her, but she isn't dehydrated and I have anti-sickness meds in, so not sure whether to put her through the stress of the journey, and the fact we would be at the other branch, so a vet she has never seen before. Am waiting for my normal vet to finish operating so I can have a chat with her and decide what to do next. Have been trying to work out why she has been sick, I have introduced normal cat food to her sensitivity again, she had Morrisons own on Sun and was fine, Asda own yesterday and was fine, Whiskas today and has been sick. So, if it is the best case scenario and just a food intolerance, she can cope with some wet foods but not others. She doesn't bring dry up at all, but convincing her to eat a dry only diet is tricky. her limp has been a bit more pronounced, but it is normally after she has been sat/laid down for a while. So, please keep your fingers crossed this is just a temporary blip and not the start of something more serious.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #170 on: August 12, 2007, 15:49:11 PM »
Fortunately she hasn't been sick again since, so am quite pleased. Have bought her white fish and chicken to help vary her diet, and trying some supermartket own brand to mix in with the sensitivity again (in case it is the higher meat content food that is doing it). She is back to demanding a lot of food again, I am just not too sure it is a positive thing, will have to see how her weight goes though, if she puts weight on with it, then fine, but if she loses weight while eating loads, then I need to be concerned again. Lucy is weighed on the 23rd, so will take her up too.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #169 on: August 12, 2007, 12:37:44 PM »
Prob same with cats also....dos'nt it help with furballs etc  :)

My dog eats grass but is so greedy he wont even part with it  :shy:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #168 on: August 12, 2007, 12:30:33 PM »
If she has eaten grass she will be sick, mine do it all the time..........not sure if I am confused but if she is sick cos she ate grass, is there a problem with this?

Whenever my dogs eat grass they are sick.  I was always told though if a dog isn't well they eat grass inorder to be sick to make them better,don't know if this apply to cats as well and if theres any truth in it,my nan always says that grass is doggy medicine.

Hope Tiger is better soon Desley :hug:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #167 on: August 12, 2007, 09:04:10 AM »
Hope she has something to eat today Desley and keeps it down.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #166 on: August 11, 2007, 13:57:21 PM »
Aw she is having a rough time.... :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #165 on: August 11, 2007, 10:38:10 AM »
The odd thing Gill was that she didn't bring up any grass at all, just the food, and if it was any other cat I wouldn't be bothered, but she had also brought up her breakfast, and with her recent history, sickness is just a worry full stop, never mind twice in one day. Gave her dry food for her supper, and she kept that down, then I realised she hadn't brought up any dry food at all yesterday, there was dark bits, but I suspect that is Lucys wet food, so she is now being fed upstairs so Tiger can't get at it!! She had a small amount of wet today with mainly dry, she wolfed the wet and has only picked at the dry!! Have given her some Antepsin that the vet gave me for her tummy, she didn't like it, but hopefully it will work.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2007, 21:08:21 PM »
If she has eaten grass she will be sick, mine do it all the time..........not sure if I am confused but if she is sick cos she ate grass, is there a problem with this?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2007, 21:06:02 PM »
Hope she's okay Des.....hopefully just the birthday jitters  :hug:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2007, 18:50:15 PM »
Not having a good day today, she has just brought up her tea now as well, so need to keep an eye on her, dont fancy having to go to the vets tomorrow.
Please spay your cat

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2007, 18:29:38 PM »
Sadly, she brought her birthday treat up, and it was only Almo Nature chicken - she went straight out when I got home and ate grass, so she is back on sensitivity, I daren't give her the rest of her treats.
Please spay your cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2007, 00:40:41 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Tiger  :yesss: :yesss: :yesss: :yesss:

:Flowers: :Flowers: :ahh: :ahh: :ahh:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2007, 20:40:40 PM »
Rubbish to hear about the nail clipping, Tiger, never mind eh, and  :bday: to you tomorrow

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2007, 12:36:43 PM »
Glad to hear Tiger is improving  :Luv:

& "Happy Birthday" for tomorrow Tiger....... :yayyy: :cheer: :cheer: :yayyy:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2007, 07:49:34 AM »
Paddy sez please tell Tiger he sympathises - neighbour's cats can be so, well - uncultured, frankly.  And yes, Ruth - you just can't get the staff!

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2007, 07:48:27 AM »
:-) Dont think I am brave enough to do ear drops as well!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2007, 07:44:53 AM »
Cruel Desley, CRUEL!  Don't you know you should do the Frontline and Clipping on separate days. What next.. ear drops.. Sheesh, just can't get the staff these days!!  :evillaugh:

Glad she's getting there Des, what a trooper.  :Luv:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2007, 07:44:36 AM »
Yeah!! She isn't goign out as much - she had issues with the neighbours cats on Sun, so wonder if that is part of the problem.

I know, I am so nasty!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2007, 07:43:12 AM »
 :rofl:  A lady who knows what she likes!

:shify:  oh no - not - nail clipping and Frontline.....   :omg: :sneakin:

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2007, 07:40:58 AM »
Thanks - she is back in a demanding food mood - tried to give her dry food only last night, she complained, so gave her wet food only this morning and she still complained!! Think she might just be fed up of special food though, as she is happily finishing off Lucy's Whiskas/Felix!! She has a tin of Almo Nature Chicken for her birthday tomorrow. She wont like me much tonight though, nail clipping and Frontline time!!
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #151 on: August 09, 2007, 07:38:18 AM »
Sending warm thoughts to you and Tiger Desley.  Hope she's continuing to hold her own.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2007, 09:34:40 AM »
You've just got to take it day by day, but so pleased there is an improvement in her  :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #149 on: August 08, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »
Yeah, I just hope this lasts.
Please spay your cat

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #148 on: August 08, 2007, 08:19:15 AM »
That's great Des.  I know you're still very worried about her, but one step at a time.

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #147 on: August 08, 2007, 08:15:23 AM »
She has had a really good week so far - few fussy moments with food, she is preferring dry again, so will pop to the vets tomorrow and get the other flavour of sensitivity, in case she is bored with it!! But, she is playing a bit, I can stroke her more, and actually sat on my knee without me having anything fleecy, which is unheard of. I dont know what has caused the change in her, but I am happy - her tummy still isn't 100% though, and she is still limping.
Please spay your cat

Link to CatChat