Author Topic: felix is so smelly when Storm has a bowel movement  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: felix is so smelly when Storm has a bowel movement
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2024, 13:22:28 PM »
Just sent you a message hun :)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
  • Slave to: soon to be slave to Storm but also of Bubz in spirit
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2024, 14:49:22 PM »
I've just to tried to order one box of the Mixed boxes but because the unit cost + P&P comes to under a tenner the website isn't letting me order it! I don't want to order two boxes in case Storm doesn't like it, and of personal finance problems  at the moment. Yes, zooplus will refund (presumably) an unopened box, but with experience of her deciding that Felix wasn't cutting it in terms of whatever-it-was, I am reluctant to buy a second box just to try out.

This is one thing that Bubz and Storm have in common - a dislike of Felix! :rofl:
Helen A (mainly on behalf Storm and Bubz in spirit)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2024, 12:28:38 PM »
Hi,  If Storm only likes pate I can recomend Smilla Fine Menu from zooplus  https://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/smilla/smilla_fine_menu/885645?activeVariant=885645.5

Smilla Fine Menu is a complete wet cat food:

Grain and gluten-free: Your cat's digestive system is not designed to process large amounts of grain so this grain and gluten-free pâté recipe will not overload its digestive system.
    With vitamins and minerals: Minerals and vitamins are an important factor in your cat's nutrition. Vitamin D helps to regulate calcium which is important for bone formation. Vitamin A and E supports good vision and healthy skin and fur.
    Taurine: Taurine is vital for cats, but unfortunately they cannot produce sufficient quantities. It supports your cat's cardiac health and eyesight.
    No added sugar, flavour enhancers or preservatives: No sugar, taste enhancers, preservatives are added to Smilla Fine Menu wet cat food.

Choose from the following delicious flavours:

Poultry & Chicken Liver
    Salmon & Shrimps
    Poultry & Veal
    Turkey & Rabbit
    Turkey & Lamb
    Mixed Pack 8 x 100g:
    -   Poultry & Chicken Liver x 2
    -   Poultry & Veal x 2
    -   Turkey & Rabbit x 2
    -   Turkey & Lamb x 2

if she does like it then they also sell 24 and 48 packs .. search "Smilla saver" to find.

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
Since my last post, Storm has completely dismissed Felix in either format and has shown a liking to Gormet Gold pate! Just the pate, mind. :resigned face:

However she's also shown a liking to Tesco's own pate as well (not the jelly or the gravy!), so I've got enough of the square platers of the Tesco platers for a week. Unfortunately Tesco doesn't sell the pate in box form so it's going to be hit and miss as to what is on the shelf when I go in. That being said, it does mean that I should be able to return the untouched platers.

As to the pong, I've come to the conclusion that she's a natural pongy cat. It has reduced but thanks to an Airwick non-aerosol spray I'm not as overwhelmed by it, mind you I do know when she has passed wind or is needing to empty her bowels!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2024, 13:32:36 PM »
So pleased you have managed to sort her out :)  :Luv2:

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024, 16:34:40 PM »
Hi Helena,

Hopefully you have managed to find a less smelly food for Storm :) Sorry for not responding sooner.

How's Storm settling in?

Hi Sam,

After this Storm started leaving the jelly so I tried her on the Felix in gravy only to find that she was licking the gravy and leaving the protein, so I went back to the jelly to find she wouldn't eat ANY of it. I'd been in contact with the Cats Protection because she was going stir crazy to the nth degree, and told them about her eating habits and they said that as she was eating the Purina Pro Plan dry food to just give her that. so far that's working......

As for settling in, she is so laid back that even after a couple of jaunts (allowed) today she isn't really fussing to get out which is good  as it's been a performance every time anyone went outside or came in.

That is as of this afternoon.. My experience with Bubz taught me never to assume and Storm is carrying on the teaching!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2024, 16:47:08 PM by Helena »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 12:18:00 PM »
Hi Helena,

Hopefully you have managed to find a less smelly food for Storm :) Sorry for not responding sooner.

How's Storm settling in?

Offline Helena

• Adult Cat
    • Living With Wheels
felix is so smelly when Storm has a bowel movement
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2024, 14:31:59 PM »
I experienced this with Bubz so am reasonably sure its not a one off. Is there an affordable and less pungent option to Felix pouches? Storm is eating the meat in jelly at the moment. She doesn't like the smell any more than me and my PA do, but I'm reluctant to mess around too much with her food at the moment. Moving out of Cats Protection having arrived there heavily pregnant with litter #2, the change is unsettling enough without me messing around with her food.

Link to CatChat