Author Topic: RIP Smudge-Taken from me so cruelly...You were too beautiful to deserve this x  (Read 13787 times)

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
  • May the angels carry you always xx
  • Slave to: rip smudge.... and daisy
Thanks for your reply Gill,xx

Daisy slept with me last night which was I think very comforting fror us both. She relied on Smudge though very much but lacked in confidence as Smudge was older and kept her in check lol.

so I think in a way a younger cat would mean she is The Alpha so may actually give her the confidence.

I have felt very sad for Daisy, I am blessed with her too that she only ever come to me. I have been blessed with both my cats. Two ends of the spectrum but very special indeed xx

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
You never replace a cat but get a new one selected for you  :hug: :hug:

You must do what is right for you, I needed a cat asap and ended up with two in a week! You must also consider Daisy and her needs  :hug: :hug:

I am so pleased the police are acting cos cats are definately classed as property and hope they catch this lout.

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thanks,

Aww im sorry for your loss too. They are special little creatures arnt they!  :Luv:

I feel I want to get  kitten asap. nt to replace smudge but I am lonely even with a house full of kids! but I just miss the companionship and he was so loveable. I have another cat Daisy  :Luv: :Luv: but she is so timmid and is a bit wild too. They were chalk and cheese.

You have to do what you need to do I suppose with your cats. I will definalty feel like you, I do now with Daisy but I suppose we cant stop cats being cats..............xxxxxx

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
Becky, That's really good news about the police. It's not silly to feel like that at all. I found my cat dead outside my house when I was living in Italy. And it took me months to be able to look at the place were I found her. Every time I looked there I just saw her body. That was 6 years ago and I still have a little cry about it every now and then. 

It's so hard to take in and it's such a shock, I really feel for you. I've got two new cats and I want to let them outside soon but to be honest I live in Hasting a place that is full of pitbull type dogs. I just want to wrap them in cotton wool and don't really want to let them out.     

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
Im glad the police are now taking it seriously. so sorry you are going through this  :(
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thanks I appreciate your replies xxx

The police came tonight and have taken a statement and are actually taking it quite serious. They are saying and can get the guy prosecuted for criminal damage ,classing smudge as my property.

It hards to think of him as property but if it helps Ill be happy to help.

Im just so upset and cant stop thinking about smudge. I cant get over the blood on my criveway and I cant bare to clean it up becasue its smudges which I know may be silly xx

Im just convinced he was sent here for a reason and his death was in vain the help this guy get caught as Ive heard the guys dog has attacked other dogs too.

I just hope smudge has earned his wings now and I pray he is happy and at peace. I just hope we meet again and someday he may come and see me........I would like that xxx

Offline heather sullivan

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Simon & Tom (Tabby, Silvie and Moses RIP)
Poor Smudge RIP. They should have a law that all dogs should be muzzled in public. The dog should be found and pts, if its killed once and maybe before, it will do it again.  >:( :(

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
We need a Dangerous Humans Act to get rid of all the weedy little cretins who think having an aggressive dog makes them tough. I wonder if these poor dogs ever turn on their owners?
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Its the culture round here im afaraid. Who has the most aggressive dog! I find it terrible and just not right. I hate Facebook sometimes but I think I may have found an address??  :sneaky:

So I will pass it over to the RSPCA and Warden and see what happens this time.............

Please keep your fingers crossed for me that this guy gets whats coming to him. Its a shame, dogs only turn out aggressive due to their owners. My heart goes out to the dog too  :hug: I know it killed my smudge but this dog obviously recieves a beating from its owner too (as witnessed) No animal deserves that xxx

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Becky its not out of the dog wardens hands.     That is rubbish they can take action if so minded.     I work for a legal team in a local authority and we get dog control orders for dangerous dogs all the time for our dog wardens.    As I said there is an agreement in our area that the police deal with the cases where the attacking dog has injured a person and we deal with cases involving other animals.     Other areas of the country I suspect that the police/dog wardens  can't  be bothered to do anything in such cases .     

Although if no one knows who he is and where he lives there's not going to be anything anyone can do though anyway.   
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thanks guys xxx
 :thanks:

I have contacted my local papers about this dog who I found out today has taken off part of another dogs ear. The guy and his dog are known by other dog walkers its such a shame they dont know him or where he lives (they have given me a rough idea) The papers arnt really that interested unless the dog mauls a child/adult........Which could be too late by then . I find this extremely sad and makes me angry.

I have also rang the dog warden and they are going to see what they can do for me. But because it is classed as a dangerous dog its out of their hands.

I suppose in a way angels are sent to us to help us then taken away so maybe smudge was put on this earth for this to happen and to help get this dog put down. I dont know why but I feel this dog really will soon be a danger. Things happen for a reason dont they?

I just hope smudge didnt suffer? Thats what breaks my heart the most. There is blood on my driveway but I cant clean it up because it reminds me of him ;0( You might think thats silly but I really miss him.

xxxxx

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
This is a horrendous thing to have happened
I just hope something can be done about the scum that did this to your poor baby
RIP smudge 
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
Becky,  :hug: :hug: :hug: How awful  :( :( :(  I can't believe the police aren't interested in this  >:( >:( Next time it could be a child that this dog savages.

RIP Smudge. Safe now at Rainbow Bridge.  :'(
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
So very sorry (I've replied on CC too  :hug:  :hug:)

RIP Smudge and god bless little sweatheart xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
What a terrible thing to happen and my thoughts are with you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Take this as far as you can cos those louts should not be allowed to get away with this and kicking his dog is not on either.

RIP Smudge, you didnt deserve this but pla\y hard on the Bridge and make lots of new friends

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thankyou xxxx

The police arnt interested and they told my neighbours that they were to busy to send a car down as it was a saturday. My husband and neighbour have put in an official complaint. I was out for the day.

Im so angry with the police >:(

It was a beautiful day and im very lucky my son wasnt playing out as the dog could have got him?? The dog wasnt under control and supposingly the guy didnt care and wouldnt take the blame for what the dog did. He ran off with the dog then kicked the dog half way down the street.

Ive spoke to the RSPCA and the witnesses need to give statements then their officers can keep an eye out. Also I need to ring the Dog warden tomorrow too. xxx

Smudge loved the sun so im glad the sun was shining when he passed away xxx  :hug:

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
Becky I am in tears for you poor poor Smudge.      Speak to your council dog wardens you may find that they are more helpful than the police.    {Where I live police will only deal with dog attacking people, the council deals with dog on dog/cat attacks - I know because it is my job to get control orders in respect of these dogs}.   Sending lots of  :hug: :hug: x
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Elle CatRescueUK

• Adult Cat
  • Cat Rescue UK
    • Cat Rescue UK
  • Slave to: Phoebe, Boomer, Dillon, Aiden & Billy!
I'm so sorry becky, I don't know what to say only keep posting here where we all understand how devastated you must feel.  :'(
www.catrescue.uk
Rescue & Rehoming Stray and Unwanted Cats in Nottinghamshire. I am an independant rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Thankyou xxxxx

Im very upset tonight, the house just isnt the same  :'(

I didnt see his body or watched himget buried as it would have been to hard for me. The good thing about this is I have only memories of him when he was alive. I just wish I kissed him before I left xxx

He will have known you loved him and vice versa, no matter when your last kiss was  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
That's terrible Becky, I can't begin to imagine how you're feeling. It's such a shame there are so many scummy people on the planet.

Surely the police must be able to do something about this piece of filth if he vandelised your neighbour's car? (Although I'm surprised they're not interested in someone who can't control their own dog.)
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
Thankyou xxxxx

Im very upset tonight, the house just isnt the same  :'(

I didnt see his body or watched himget buried as it would have been to hard for me. The good thing about this is I have only memories of him when he was alive. I just wish I kissed him before I left xxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Sorry to welcome you to Purrs in such sad circumstances  :(  :hug: :hug: :hug:

It must be horiffic to lose Smudge in such a terrible way but try to foucs on the happy times you had together, and what a special boy he was, rather than the tragic end   :hug:

RIP Smudge, safe and sound at Rainbow Bridge by now xx

Offline becky211082

• Adult Cat
I just need to tell you all about my beautiful black and white softie Smudge who was taken from me today in such a horrific way.  :'(

Smudge was with me from a very, very young age. Taken from his mum too young I looked after him very well. I taught him to sit, give me a kiss and we were the best friends.I could chat to him, I could be half way down the street and he would find me. Where ever I went so did he.  8)

I cant even begin to tell you how much I loved him.... Like one of my children.
Today he was taken because some sicko stood and let their pit bull or staff kill him on my driveway. I live in a quite cul-de-sac so I thought it would be safe for my darling to be out. I was so wrong ......

Im completely devestated and to make it worse the police dont want to know. The lad then decided to kick in my neighbours car in anger becasue my neighbours tried to help. ( I wasnt in when it happened ;0(....)
My darling boy was taken in such a cruel way and he didnt desearve this at all. I cant stop crying any I am torn apart.He was my beautiful baby who was so beautiful and saw the good in everyone xxxxx

I love you smudge and always will....no cat will ever follow me like you did, go in a mood with me if i went on holiday , look after my son for me, sit on my bed and keep me warm.... I could go on and on xxxx

Life is horrid and I tell you now my black and white boy. Im convinced you were my guardian angel....I just pray you will always be with me till the day we meet again love you xxxx :'(

Link to CatChat