Author Topic: Post Your Cats' Eccentric Scratching, Scent Marking or Burying Habits  (Read 2309 times)

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
we have crazy cats!
my clean underwear gets stolen from the clothes horse and ends up in the cats beds...quite disturbing really as it is always MY underwear, not my fiances....
 :rofl: :rofl:
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Millies mum

• Senior Cat
  • ice baby
5 of mine like to stoop on the edge of the litter tray with their heads sticking out of the entrance to wee WHY???  :Crazy:
i can only think that they don't like to bump their heads on the lid   :shocked:

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
Lulu is not a big scratcher or scent marker, but did roll in my (dirty  :sick:) underwear when I chucked them on the floor to get in the shower.  :-[

Ai chan has a similar habit i get very s :sick: but its worse  :shy: she likes to sniff  pants." i am feeling relay awkward mention it as i write!!"

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
Ai Chan loves to bury her food with the kitchen bin with its black bin liner, or is she has seen a used dish cloth waiting to be put in the washing machine she will bury her food with the cloth.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:03:10 AM by Shiroi-Neko »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
I have given up trying to exercise in my living room as soon as i put the dvd on the girls hang off my leg as i am lifting it in time to the music, when you do the side shuffles they run in between my legs, i have tried closing the door but they just head but the door or scratch it and cry for me to let them in.

So true  :rofl: Every time I get the Wii fit out the boys are weaving round my legs  :tired:

Offline shirleyp01

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: sammy and abbie
I have given up trying to exercise in my living room as soon as i put the dvd on the girls hang off my leg as i am lifting it in time to the music, when you do the side shuffles they run in between my legs, i have tried closing the door but they just head but the door or scratch it and cry for me to let them in.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
 :rofl: Oh dear one that likes a clean tray and one that likes a dirty one, one that buries and one who does not.

I awoke this morning lying on my side to find a kitty on my hip. :Luv: Drifted off but Lulu kept falling off .... eventually I realised she was not falling just squirming about rubbing her face in my armpit. :sick:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
 :evillaugh:
Benji: needs to empty the entire litter tray in order to use it. Then proceeds to cover his leavings with air or scrapings of laminate flooring, as said litter tray is now empty of litter. Litter tray must be clean for him to use it.
Fred: hops in and out to do his business, never covers or digs, but will only use a dirty litter tray. Or the floor.
Ginger: likes to wee whilst lying down and neatly covers hers. Visits the tray after Fred has to neatly cover his offerings also. Has no litter tray preference as of yet.

Benji: likes to climb up my legs like I am a tree, jumping is too much effort. He is now a svelt 5.5kg...was over 8kg....ouch  :doh:
Fred: likes to climb the scratching post like king kong and sit on the top (very rarely he will get to the top only to stop in shock as Benji is up there, balancing veeeeery carefully). Fred and Ginger are 2.5kgs and quite small, Benjis is.....not.
Ginger: is godzilla attacking said king kong, often chases start upstairs, go through every room in the house and end on the top of the scratching post (its is large and very sturdy, hence Benji occasionally appearing on there). Every time I try to play my kinect fitness or dance game, Ginger takes a running leap and must sit in my arms for cuddles. I take this as a sign I should not exercise.  :evillaugh:
 :rofl: hehe
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Post Your Cats' Eccentric Scratching, Scent Marking or Burying Habits
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 16:40:43 PM »
I am sure this has been discussed many a time, but it always bears repeating with new cats or new forum members. Please use this thread to post any amusing little ways your mogs try to express their natural instincts!

I will start: Talullah likes to bury her excess dinner under a 'pile' of laminate flooring and recycling bin and bury her poop under a pile of air. To achieve the latter she stands on the rim of her litter trays; the super jumbo size bought for 6.5kg Noah is clearly cramped for 2.4kg Lulu.  :evillaugh:

Lulu is not a big scratcher or scent marker, but did roll in my (dirty  :sick:) underwear when I chucked them on the floor to get in the shower.  :-[
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Link to CatChat