Author Topic: URGENT kitten advice needed - mum suffocated one kitten, not doing well with others  (Read 2080 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I don't know much about raising kittens but if the  mum isn't taking care of them then this person needs to take responsibility for hand rearing them.  Hard to tell from the posts whether she has contacted her vet (I don't understand the comment about being shocked at a vet spaying a nursing queen as it doesn't seem to refer to any previous post) but she needs to get some milk and start feeding them I'd guess.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
 :censored:  I've posted but probably not what you hoped for, sorry Shona. I am unspeakably angry, how dare they sit on their high horse and judge the veterinary profession?  >:( And I don't see why the RSPCA is getting bashed on this occasion.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
This is so sad and she really needs to start feeding them urgently, some cats just dont want to be mothers.

The mother cat may sense also that there is something wrong with the kittens but I thought they usually just rejected them.

She also needs the right kitten food, and unless she comes on Purrs its very hard for those with kitten experience to help.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
I've advised them to post here but in case they don't I want to get some advice.

Here's the post on another forum http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=44184428&posted=1#post44184428

Link to CatChat