Author Topic: Hoist by my own petard!  (Read 1918 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: Hoist by my own petard!
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 21:55:18 PM »
I would have just ignored him.  FOR 2 SECONDS  :naughty: :Luv2: :hug: :rofl:

We truly are fools to ourselves - but we still love the little huggers  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 23:53:31 PM »
I would have been putty in Jaffa's paw if I heard him purr! I feel for those of you who do not sleep well as insomnia is my primary diagnosis.  :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 22:11:57 PM »
Purring I can deal with, sends me off to sleep as through my teenage years I had a purring cat on my bed purring me to sleep every night.

However, a head scratch and purring is an impossibility and I now have to, without fail, either shut Dave in the lounge at any time from 3am to 5am every morning, or if it's light enough, open the cat flap barricade and shut my bedroom door. I hate doing it but if I didn't I would never get any sleep. We have been doing this routine for months now and he still hasn't learned :tired:

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 21:35:57 PM »
Oh yes I know exactly what you mean.

Beau is my bed cat, he has slept on my head for 12 years now.

Most mornings he's by my feet waiting for me to wake at around 4.30am (to pee - am getting old now), that's his cue. When I get back to bed Beau resumes his customary position on my pillow and snuggles in with the biggest purrs you ever heard. I've tried to ignore him, he just snuggles his backside into my face and makes room for himself that way, so its much easier to accommodate him than try to breathe through bum fur.

Most days I stay awake and give in at 6am to start my day, but this is his time. With 6 other cats competing for attention, I seldom let Beau down by ignoring him at this point of the day, as he has little else from me during waking/working hours (everyone has their own few minutes attention from/with Meowmi, it's a sort of rota we all sign up to).

Only at weekends do I afford myself the luxury of a sleeping pill and earplugs combo that knocks me flat until 7am, and Beau seems to know that I need this extra time, but he also knows that week-end means sausages for breakfast in bed, so he's happy to wait for his snuggle with added sausage. So long as he gets this, Beau is happy.

Love my Beau. He is my best friend (of the 4 legged kind) and the quieting influence in our crazy cat house.

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 19:29:55 PM »
I get this to with Poppy usually. She sits on me and sticks her damp nose on my mouth. I give her a fuss and usually she settle down. The trouble I've been getting up at 5ish for work, but today i didn't start until 11 and Poppy being the helpful little girl that she is woke me up in case My alarm never went off!!

Well thats what she told me, I think she just wanted feeding.  :rofl:

Nicky

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 18:25:56 PM »
Now according to my 'sweet' brother this is where I have the 'advantage' and 'luxury' of being ill!!! I dont have to get up and work......I refrained from yelling at him which was quite amazing  ;)

When Amber joins me then yes I do usually give her the attention shes wanting because I love the company and to me its a priviledge having a furry purry deigning (?) to cuddle in bed rather than waiting until I get up and she gets the bed   :rofl:
love
Tab

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 18:07:44 PM »
Afraid I get caught by this too.....sigh

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 16:38:53 PM »
i have the same thing with Maddie, if i ignore she'll settle back down but i can't help fussing her and then that's it, no more sleep. usually at 4.30am and then i worry if i do go back asleep i'll miss my 5.45am alarm!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Hoist by my own petard!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 11:50:54 AM »
I really shot myself in the foot this morning.

You may recall a while back I moaned about Jaffa waking early and wandering around the bedroom whining for attention and that i was wary of ignoring him because of his history of spraying the wardrobe to get attention!  Well he's been heaps better lately and as the spraying hasn't happened for ages and the weeing in the hall is history, so I am much more relaxed so if he gets up early morning I just ignore him and he's soon back on the bed and settling down.  However this morning I woke about 4.50am and decided to get up to use the loo.  Both boys were up and about but not making any noise so I sleepily went to the loo and went straight back to bed (managed it with barely opening my eyes at all and without waking up properly). 

when Jaffa came back onto the bed he sniffed around my head for a bit and I daftly gave him a bit of a stroke behind the ears.  Why was it daft?  Because it started him off purring and he spent the next 10 mins sitting on my pillow inches from my ear and purring very loudly!  Before long I was wide awake and that was the end of sleep for me.  I lay in bed for a while and the pair of them settled down by the radiator when it came on whilst I lay awake and got no further sleep.  I brought that one on myself.  If' I'd ignored Jaffa he would have just gone and lay down on his bottle and we could both have gone to sleep.  The sacrifices I make!

Now tell me - who would have stroked him and who would have ignored him and gone back to sleep?

Link to CatChat