Author Topic: Must love cats - Animal Planet  (Read 5346 times)

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
Re: Must love cats - Animal Planet
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 21:45:50 PM »
I saw it this week and the man who had made the cat walkways was amazing. That must take some real patience!! His cats looked like they loved it though  ;D

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 20:56:57 PM »
But it is enough knowing he is doing the song, then I have to stop it to see if he has improved!! :rofl:

Just take my word for it that he hasn't!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 20:54:39 PM »
But it is enough knowing he is doing the song, then I have to stop it to see if he has improved!! :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 09:48:12 AM »
No the presenter singing a rubbish song every five mins had be wanting to break my tv!! Shame.

Yup that's why I record it.  It takes me barely half an hour to watch it all but it means I can fast forward through the annoying or silly bits but still catch any interesting stuff :)

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 22:55:58 PM »
No the presenter singing a rubbish song every five mins had be wanting to break my tv!! Shame.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 20:50:00 PM »
anyone still watching this?  I tend to record it then I can fast forward through the annoying bits (like the singing!). Anyway, the last ep showed a man who had converted his home into a cat paradise with walkways for the cats everywhere.  It was great.  They had stairs and lots of high up walkways and there were catflap sized holes in the wall (high up) so that they could go from one room to another and basically walk all around the house without touching the floor.  I'm not letting Jaffa and Mosi watch this in case they start demanding somewhere similar.  Some pics here.  I've just tried to google it to see some photos and it seems this is the only place the guy has posted pics

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37277821@N04/page2/

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2011, 20:00:32 PM »
Ok the cats were nice but this could be the most annoying programme on tv ever!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2011, 18:46:10 PM »
 :thanks: Amanda, Sky+'ed for tonight  ;D

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2011, 17:33:24 PM »
Will watch that tonight! thanks for the heads up!

Offline Amanda (mad4moggies)

• Adult Cat
  • RIP Spot 18/04/11 - Missed more than words can say
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2011, 11:20:31 AM »
I watched some of this yesterday and it was nice to see so many happy cats  ;D

It is repeated tonight at 7pm for anyone that missed it and has this channel.

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »
Animal Planet is one of the channels owned by Discovery Channel. I used to translate the programming details for them,  a long time ago...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 08:11:15 AM by Jiskefet »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 23:50:42 PM »
I only have freeview too

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 23:40:08 PM »
Animal Planet - is that a sky channel?  Unfortunately I only have freeview.

I do enjoy watching Animal 24/7 every morning though on BBC2.  Sometimes need my tissues though  ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 21:48:02 PM »
It was very american but it wasn't like american programmes are usually like, if that makes sense!  Usually programmes like this feature lots of totally bonkers people doing very strange things with cats whereas this had a lot of rescue cats and almost without exception they all seemed to be loved, well looked after and neutered.  Sometimes you get the feeling that the programme makers only want to put forward the message that cat lovers are crazy but this seemed very respectful towards those who love cats (ok, so some of us are a little crazy....!)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 21:38:18 PM »
I watched it! I thought it was pretty good, very American if you know what I mean but it was a nice refreshing view of those who love cats.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Must love cats - Animal Planet
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 21:21:56 PM »
Did anyone see Must love cats on Animal Planet?  It was on Thursday at 9pm but I recorded it so have only just watched it tonight.  It's an American programme travelling around USA in search of cat lovers etc.  I thought it would be your typical crazy cat lady, odd people type of programme but it turned out to be a really nice hour full of cats.  They visited that cat ranch where there are 500 rescue cats roaming free in a fenced in "ranch" (was a link to that on here a while ago), a visit to the Hemingway cats, a college where students were allowed pets, a cat who alerted his owner to a fire etc.  The oddest item was a cat "performer" who did street performances with his cats.  But it was so refreshing to watch a programme full of cat lovers and lots of well cared for and gorgeous cats (lots of mentions of neutering) instead of the usual type of programme portraying cat lovers as being totally bonkers.  Interestingly lots of the owners were men which made a change from the crazy cat lady stereotype.

Anyway, it seems to be a series on thursdays at 9pm and the first one is repeated tomorrow morning at 9am and on sunday evening at 7pm I think (and very possibly more times during the week) so if you missed it do try to catch it or record it.

Link to CatChat