Author Topic: Jiskefet 12 October 2003 - 9 April 2006  (Read 2512 times)

Offline Miroslav

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Paws, Dopey, Chubby, Moses & Minty. All in a better place and never forgotten. We'll meet again and be happy together again.
Re: Jiskefet 12 October 2003 - 9 April 2006
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2011, 09:01:36 AM »
Such a pretty boy.

Sorry for your loss.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 15:53:59 PM »
What a gorgeous boy  :Luv: RIP Jiskefet, safe and sound at Rainbow Bridge xx

He had known he would not be there for long, so he had given us all his love during the time he was given.

What a lovely way of thinking of it  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 15:04:56 PM »
Its hard with the ferals. Once they let you in, you are lost forever.

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
Jiskefet 12 October 2003 - 9 April 2006
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 13:58:09 PM »
Jiskefet was my soul mate. I felt the connection the moment I saw him, or whatever part of him was visible. He was a feral 5 month-old tom in the cat rescue shelter, hiding in the base block of a scratching pole. I spent hours lying on the floor talking to him, and I took him home.

Within days, he got very sick. Cat flue.
We managed to save him, and he adored me ever since. He felt the unpleasant handling had been for his own good, and decided handling was OK, not a threat to him, but us taking care of him.

He gave so much love, as if he was living all his 9 lives at once, and he was. When he had been with us for nearly 2 years, he ran into a car. On this very quiet road, he just HAD to find the one car that would pass in about half an hour, and run straight inro it.

When neighbours came to warn me my cat had been run over, I knew it was him. We had 4 cats at the time, but it could only be him. He had known he would not be there for long, so he had given us all his love during the time he was given.

Link to CatChat