Author Topic: why is fig presenting??  (Read 1750 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: why is fig presenting??
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 21:42:10 PM »
I know you worry about the titchy little madam, yes. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 14:41:32 PM »
Thanks  :hug:, feel better knowing this guys.  You know JS I worry about her most as she is just soooo small and figgy pudding-y  :Luv: she is not as confident as the other two and keeps back into the house for a quick cuddle before crying out to find Indie (who has not failed to respond yet  :Luv2:)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2011, 16:38:51 PM »
It can be a submissive gesture as well as a sexual response to another cat. That's why sometimes males will do it to each other in the feline world.

Cats can still display behaviour deemed as sexual even after neutering and spaying - it's just nothing will come of it. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2011, 12:17:49 PM »
Maybe she was just presenting her bum to be sniffed as cats sometimes do when they greet each other?  Mosi presented me with his bum the other say when I got home from work - lovely  :shify:

I don't know much about female cats never having had one!  Do you know whether the ginger cat is entire or neutered?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 22:46:21 PM »
Sorry no idea about this and hope that the three of them tolerate each other  :hug:

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
why is fig presenting??
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2011, 18:55:54 PM »
hi guys, got a question and thought someone on here might be able to help  :-:.

I am starting to let my cats outside - Indie and Ember have been indoor only cats for nearly four years due to living on a main road to begin with and then knowing I would be moving house.  These two munchkins are loving their new found freedom and have already brounght me "gifts"  :sick: even though they are only outside for a few hours a day  :shy:

Fig began very cautiously and has now become brave enough to go past the patio area onto the grass  :Luv: however, there is a ginger cat who sometimes comes on our garden.  The cats tolerate this to some extent - Ember stares at him and will see him  off if he comes to close  :shify: Indie is more tolerating and will usually ignore him  ;) Fig saw him and went next to him,sniffed, then presented???  She has been snipped over a year ago so I am kind of confused :shocked:

Any advice or reasons why she would still be doing this welcome
 :thanks:

Link to CatChat