Author Topic: Catnip... HELP?  (Read 2175 times)

Offline bonker

• Kitten
  • Slave to: joey
Re: Catnip... HELP?
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 11:21:16 AM »
I bought a great big catnip plant at strawberry fair in cambridge. Its just like a big mint type herb. The cat goes bonkers around it, just don't plant it outside or all cats in the area will hang around in your garden

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
  • Slave to: Davey & Tinker
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2011, 19:47:33 PM »
lol @ the pics; my two are exactly the same, especially Tinker my kitten. Guaranteed every morning when I get up, as I go down the stairs there's always something I have to pick up... Earrings, toilet roll, cat toys, my teddies etc. Yesterday I accidentally left a bag of shredded paper on the floor in my dining room and went out. On returning I followed a trail or shredded paper from my dining room, through into the hall, into my living room where I found it scattered around the place. Tinks lay there, looked up at me then went back to sleep!

Catnips the best thing in the world though. I have all their treats in a little container and as soon as they see it or hear me rattle it they're there!

xx
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 02:21:41 AM »
With making catnip toys myself I normally order it for when I know I will be around as all my 7 go mad for it and when I stuff whatever I am making with catnip I then have all hell on to finish it.  As soon as it comes through the door it is picked up checked to see it is that and then put in a locked cupboard which I go to every time I need some catnip and it is locked immediately again.

Many a time I have had a laugh at a paw trying to get under the door to get the catnip.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Napkin
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 01:38:25 AM »
Sadly, Napkin isn't fussed with catnip... I wish she would get happy from something OTHER than treats, but she won't let me off that easy.  :Luv2:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 21:55:27 PM »
Tom cat was visitng long before the catnip was liberally sprinkled on my bedroom carpet ;) I don't think he gets any further than through the cat flap before he's chased out to be honest, hence why I've only seen him the once!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 21:00:08 PM »
Oh Shona that made me laugh  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And Teresa is possibly right too if its really powerful and being ermmmmmmmmm shoved around the house  ;) ;)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 20:12:46 PM »
No wonder you have a visiting tom  :rofl:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 20:08:07 PM »
I've started making catnip toys and ordered a bag online earlier this week. Without thinking I had it delivered to home...................

The funniest thing was they'd pushed it out of the hall and into the bedroom so their crime wouldn't be immediately obvious!

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 20:00:03 PM »
There are just some of the best catnip toys in the Purrs shop ........some out there in the shops are so old that the catnip doenst smell but the ones in the shop are just killers  :rofl: :rofl:

Its sorta drugs for cats but harmelss  ;D

Some cats doint react but the ones that do, dont you ever try and take their ty away  :rofl:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 18:52:28 PM »
Everything you need to know about catnip.  It's actually part of the mint family and you can buy catnip plants at most garden centres (Nepeta Six Hills Giant produces lovely little blue flowers ... and looks lovely in tubs in the garden ---- apparently!  I have planted plants every year for about the past 6 years and before they get chance to flower they are "nibbled" and trampled by my gang and the neighbourhood kitties!  :rofl:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nepeta
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline kerri86

• Senior Cat
  • Tinks and Davey's mum!
  • Slave to: Davey & Tinker
Catnip... HELP?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 18:27:16 PM »
I know that catnip is a herb that cats really like. But what exactly is it and where does it come from? a few months ago my friend and I were shopping and she picked up a bag of herbal catnip to see what it was. When we got back to mine that day Davey went mad for her glove then we realised it was probably the catnip. I bought some catnip drops for treats and both Davey and Tinks go wild for them when they hear me getting them out. Honestly you would think I've not fed them for weeks if you saw them with catnip drops.

But I have no idea why?

Also try the catnip drops for your cats, for treats; seriously amazing at how much they love it <3 xx
<3 Tinks   xxXxx
<3 Davey xxXxx

Link to CatChat