Author Topic: Daisy Fuzzlebug has a cold  (Read 2431 times)

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
Re: Daisy Fuzzlebug has a cold
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 22:14:24 PM »
Something as simple as stress can cause the cat flu to occur and is easily passed on.  I had a cat come down with it and recovered although she was an indoor kitty but the builders were in at the time and some work was rather noisey and the stress of it caused her to contract cat flu and she was kept away from the builders.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 15:35:31 PM »
Franta caught cat flu at vets in dec and then paessed it on to his brother and its come back due to the stress of being in the cage albeit not as blocked up as he was.

The first time both cats were given a convenia jab and bisolven and this time Ducha just had bisolven, I was told that the convenia would only pick up secondary infections and they could not treat the cat flu................the latter however is not the case as I discovered when looking for a link to Dr Kate Addies site in Glasgow but it maybe has to be even worse than Franta was.

On her site now is all the FIP stuff but also a whole section on respiratory problems.

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
Thanks Ellen,
She's not sneezing as much now & is currently fast asleep on the bed near the radiator..I never thought of the catflu angle,thankfully,she's a house puss so the chances of her catching anything are,hopefully,slim.
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »
Mervyn as she has had upper respitory infections in the past she will be prone to contracting them now. basically all a vet can do is give antibiotics and bisolven.  The bisolven also helps to clear the nasal passages so that they can smell the food and therefore will eat more and recover quicker than without it.  If your vet says it is URI I would ask what he means by that as some vets use it as another term for Cat Flu.

Hope she is better soon Mervyn
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 20:52:30 PM »
Hope she's as fit as a fiddle soon Merv.  I hate it when we can't do as much as we want to help them.  :hug:

We all need magic wands.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 20:33:45 PM »
Thanks Mary,

I've just dug out Fuzzlebug's med history,she had very enlarged glands in 09 & was put on Metacom & Synulox for a week & had a high temp ,then she started sneezing badly 2 days later & was given Bisolvon? to try & dry her up.Then in 09 again she had a upper respritory infection when I got her.

Merv
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
[/center]
[img

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 20:17:48 PM »
Aaw bless her. Not sure but I think kennel cough can be quite dangerous - she must be a strong one to have survived.

A while ago a friend's vet was told to use olbas oil for her cat's breathing (in an oil burner)- not sure if it will help in Daisy's case. It worked for my friend's cat.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 09:52:31 AM »
As it was a problem she had in the cattery will the vet know what to give Daisy that will work for her then? Hope so.  :hug:

Good luck.

Mary

Yes Mary,

The was an outbreak of 'Kennel Cough for cats' in the cattery before I got Her Ladyship & Daisy caught it.She had a slight relapse when I got her so she is a noisy breather at times,sounds a bit like a durty old man!
An Antibiotic shot should help,although she's not as bad as yesterday.
[/center]
[img

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 23:32:45 PM »
As it was a problem she had in the cattery will the vet know what to give Daisy that will work for her then? Hope so.  :hug:

Good luck.

Mary

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 21:30:01 PM »
:get well: Daisy, hope she's started to perk up by tomorrow to avoid the dreaded V E T  :hug:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 20:54:02 PM »
Sending lots of love, huggles and get well vibes for Daisy xxx
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
Daisy Fuzzlebug has a cold
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 20:47:08 PM »
Today,Daisy has been doing a lot of sneezing,sometimes quite violently.She's got an existing condition that she had in the cattery so she's off to the v e t s tommorow if it get's worse.
[/center]
[img

Link to CatChat