Author Topic: Favourite time to spend with your cat  (Read 3139 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Favourite time to spend with your cat
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 21:47:33 PM »
:Luv2: this thread  :)

Every moment with my little man is great, but my absolute favourite time is when I come in from work, I sit on the kitchen floor with him and we have loads of headbutts, full on jumping headbutts too, and lots of face rubs etc.  Its our little ritual when he's not seen me all day  :Luv:

Also when Pooty comes into bed for a brief snuggle before its time to get up, turns into a real purr-monster  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 21:25:53 PM »
Arnie... Well.... i will get this on video for you all to see, but if you say in a 'stupid' voice 'are you ok Arnie???' he does a little break dance manoeuvre - beyond cute lol

That HAS to be seen to be believed  :evillaugh:

On a similar, yet slightly more embarassing note, I had JLS 'The club is alive with the sound of music' in my head from the gym so put it on at home and if you have ever seen that dog from Britains got talent last year when it danced through it's owners legs... well I was doing that with Riley  :-[ He was ace and every time I jigged towards him he darted through my legs in the opposite direction. Crazy cat lady score -  10/10 tonight  :evillaugh:  :rofl:

Offline Leighs Gang

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arnie, Sparkle & Dora
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 21:18:05 PM »
What a nice thread... Sparkle is so not a lap cat but when she hears my car pull into the drive I can almost guarantee she will shoot in the cat flap to greet me at the door with her little tail quivering and then at bed time she loves nothing more than to lay in between mine and Andy's heads licking our foreheads simultaneously  :Luv2:

Arnie... Well.... i will get this on video for you all to see, but if you say in a 'stupid' voice 'are you ok Arnie???' he does a little break dance manoeuvre - beyond cute lol

And Dora.... Well at the moment she is so loving its untrue, she is still an indoor cat at the moment as we re-homed her at the end of December and she goes to be neutered next Wednesday so no doubt it will all change once she has full freedom but she is so so vocal and when i'm home just sits on my feet constantly mewing for attention  :hug:

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2011, 14:19:06 PM »
I love it when I get in from work. OH is between contracts at present, so is being a house husband. He's usually upstairs in the office when I get home, and The Munchkin is usually either in the office with him or asleep on the bed. Anyway, we have a routine where I say 'hello husband, hello cat' as I let myself in, whereupon both OH and The Munchkin reply simultaneously followed by The Munchkin throwing himself down the stairs to greet me. It's very sweet!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2011, 13:59:41 PM »
My shy, skittish cat Bass will only approach me and jump on my lap if I'm sitting at the computer (like now). It's the only time she turns into a big, purring softie.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 13:07:42 PM »
Times like right now, when all three are snoozing contentedly on the bed while I faff around on Facebook, ahem, do history homework while sitting on the bed.

Or occasionally, I'd say maybe once a week, I will be watching something on the laptop in bed and Dave comes for a big purry snuggle, where he gets in really close against my chest and lets me properly cuddle him and plant kisses on his head. All the while he purrs like mad. I absolutely love it.

Chilli always interrupts me doing something or other but she doesn't care, she just plonks herself on you/laptop/magazine/paper and demands to have her chin and head rubbed until she starts dribbling everywhere.

As for Little Miss, she's up for a head rub any time of day, you just have to look in her general direction and she's straight over for a fuss. She's my real purrpot, everything makes her happy :Luv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 11:24:35 AM »
Any time they feel me worthy of gracing me with their company. ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 03:02:50 AM »
I am missing my purrpot Ducha who was always first to be on the bed and snuggling and as he moved in for the kill on my head he would be purring in happiness.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 01:25:09 AM »
All the time .
Smartie loves to snuggle in my shoulder on the sofa -or when i am in bed , Winston occasionally leaps on my pillow and purrs really loudly , Pandora is always rolling for a tummy rub and pulls my hands and head down so she can wash me !!!
Sophie and Fifi occasionally sleep on the bottom of the bed .
Smartie and Winston are proper mummys boys though very loving .
Pandora is very much like Bungly was , rolling on her back ,chasing leaves -and runs off when she sees me coming to clean her eyes - she even recognises the cup thats got the water and Optrex in !!! :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 22:49:21 PM »
......I get to lie in bed .....I am blessed with my....cat who climbs into bed with me, snuggles in like a little child with her back against my stomach and her head resting on my arm while I stroke her belly. 

My Millie aged just over two years, mine own baby angel, every morning circa 5am.  That's why I'm always so :tired: but I wouldn't have it any other way  :Luv2:  It's a very special thing ....

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 21:50:49 PM »
With the Clan cats it is a 24/7 love fest even with some of my nasty feral boys sometimes they will stay in the same room or come and sit in the lounge whilst I am there :shocked: :Luv2:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 21:18:36 PM »
Every single minute of her life  :Luv2: :hug:

Welcome to Purrs Cat Lover K.

Same as you in bed at night rubbing her belly but also every evening without fail Bonnie waits until the room is nice and warm and she's got a full belly and then she looks up at me as if to say 'you have to slouch for me now mum' - so like a good slave I slouch on the settee and she jumps up for belly rubs.  :Luv2: :hug:

Mary 
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 21:20:06 PM by maryas »
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 20:52:58 PM »
What a lovely thread  :Luv:

My favourite time with the boys is bed time, Riley always drools and pesters for 10 minutes (not good!) but then snuggles up next to my body and I drift off with my arm resting on his tummy  :Luv2: Lu doesn't come on the bed that often so when he does it's extra special, he purrs so loud you can't hear the TV!

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 19:55:32 PM »
I love Saturday mornings too. No work so don't have to get up early, wake up with both cats on the bed. OH gets up to feed the cats and make tea. Even though their breakfast is there, the cats stay in bed (or come back to bed after a foray to the kitchen and/or litter tray) and we all lie around for an hour or so, us drinking tea and listening to the radio, the cats curled up, or stretched out, and purring. Bliss.

However, I really appreciate them at the moment cos OH is away for a few days and they're such good company.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Cat Lover K

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Willow, Jasmine and Poppy
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 19:48:08 PM »
I normally wake up with him curled round my head like a hat and if I pretend to still be asleep HE KNOWS and gently pats my face.

Mine does that very occasionally but normally she puts her paw on my lips and slowly extends her claws!

Offline lizfraser

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Arthur and Dottie Dillon (Feb 1998 - 18/12/12 RIP),Tom (RIP 12/11/12), Digby (Feb 1998-17/11/10 RIP)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 19:41:23 PM »
Every afternoon when I get in from work and sit down with a cup of tea Dillon comes and curls up on my lap for a snuggle.  If I go on the laptop he will push his way betwee me and the keyboard or just sit on my chest!  We have about 40 mins like this before I have to collect eldest from school. 

When I go to bed he sits on my feet while OH is in the bathroom and as soon as he comes to bed Dillon places himself at shoulder height between us where he stays til one of us starts snoring!  :innocent:  I normally wake up with him curled round my head like a hat and if I pretend to still be asleep HE KNOWS and gently pats my face.

Offline Cat Lover K

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Willow, Jasmine and Poppy
Favourite time to spend with your cat
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:58:57 AM »
Every Saturday is the day I get to lie in bed while my husband gets up with our little boy and every Saturday I am blessed with my oldest cat who climbs into bed with me, snuggles in like a little child with her back against my stomach and her head resting on my arm while I stroke her belly.

It's the time I look forward too and always feel very honoured.

So I thought I'd ask what does your cat do to make you feel very lucky to have them?

Link to CatChat