Author Topic: Noah through the Looking Glass or The Feline, the Witch & the Wardrobe?  (Read 1960 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Noah through the Looking Glass or The Feline, the Witch & the Wardrobe?
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 13:29:24 PM »
I've seen Mosi look into mirrors but if I hold him up to one he does the turning his head away thing that Helen mentioned.

When he was little, I once lifted Jaffa up and showed him his reflection in the mirror.  He totally freaked out!

Offline dizziblonde

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2011, 08:49:22 AM »
The cat used to have a very worrying obsession with Rolf Harris on TV - she'd sit there transfixed by Animal Hospital, then skulk off the second the end credit music played (she didn't like Eastenders). On one episode where they were amputating a cat's leg you could almost see her nodding with recognition. My other cat that lives with my mum (would have been cruel to move him again when he was settled) liked to lie on top of the PC monitor and dangle his head and paws down trying to catch the mouse pointer on the screen (wrong type of mouse you dafto).

New dog we've just got is a telly addict!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 18:40:17 PM »
Amber is really funny. She sits on my bed and watches me through the mirror. If I put my hand to her she comes over purring even though she has her back to me. I tend to pull faces at her to confuse her but all that does is make her purr as well  :evillaugh:

She does like to explore wardrobes, cupboards or any other place she doesnt normally have access to
love
Tab

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2011, 18:25:43 PM »
Soap likes football on tv and also if your playing any games (usually wii stuff) she likes the cursor. Esco the dog likes it when other dogs are on tv and does react to them (in a good way) :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2011, 18:24:21 PM »
None of mine have ever seen themselves in mirrors, however Alice often looks at herself in the electric outlets on the walls as we have chrome ones - she pushes her face right up against them.

by the way FF  :need pics:

I was hoping for some new Noah pics when I saw the title  ;)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 18:20:45 PM »
When I had my previous two I also owned a glass topped coffee table which they did not like standing on AT ALL. Noah has been known to nip when I am on the telephone, I reckon he feels most put out by me chatting 'to him' but not cuddling.  :) I don't recall any paying attention to the television but I know some do watch.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline dizziblonde

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 06:34:53 AM »
My mum's old one never did figure it out! He gradually stopped hissing and spitting at that other mog - but spent hours looking round the back of that funny window to see if he could get the intruder sorted out!

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2011, 23:19:40 PM »
I don't feel so bad now Helen lol ;)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 23:18:18 PM »
Bless him!  :Luv2:

I find the boys look away when I hold them up to a mirror. Not that I do it often you understand but whenever I've done it in the past they physically move their heads to avoid looking in the mirror despite me swivelling round to try and get them to face it!

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2011, 23:08:19 PM »
I have a full length mirror which they all pass and never take notice of as well as the one on my dressing table which I know they've seen when they are up on there being naughty. In an attempt to get a reaction I've even held Soap up to the mirror in the living room and she doesn't even bat an eyelid...is that mean of me, trying to get a reaction lol??
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Noah through the Looking Glass or The Feline, the Witch & the Wardrobe?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 23:00:24 PM »
Just spent several minutes watching Noah interact with the full length mirror on my wardrobe, never seen him so confuzzled!  :rofl: To say he hates cat noises on YouTube, he didn't appear to be at all bothered by the 'other cat' just in the 'other mylar ball'. Noah pawed at the mirror, popped his head around the side into the wardrobe (left hand door open) and went all the way around the right to see if he could gain access that way. Even after he had batted the mylar ball away he returned to try to get into the other room!

At present he is rummaging around trying to locate Narnia.  :Luv2: Have any of your furballs shown interest in the 'other world'?

:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Link to CatChat