Author Topic: Poor Ella  (Read 2679 times)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Re: Poor Ella
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2010, 10:27:52 AM »
Poot definitely knows his name, he responds to it with various different tones of voice  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2010, 09:35:56 AM »
The thing is we also use the "where is it" trick to make them think there is prey when we want them out of a certain room!

:sneaky:

I like it!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Online Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 08:22:53 AM »
Jaffa and Mosi both know their names, although they sometimes like to pretend they don't.  Jaffa almost always comes when you call him - probably because he thinks food might be involved.  Mosi tends to lift his head but doesn't come running unless he feels like it.  Jaffa always responds to the sound of the treat drawer being opened.  To me, all the kitchen drawers sound the same but he only comes when it's the treat drawer being opened.

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 17:19:29 PM »
Im not sure if Amber knows her name or not. When my friend Pat used to visit if she wanted to see Amber she would call Mogs and Amber would appear.
Then again I call Amber now and sometimes she turns up others she doesnt bother. She has purred in response to 'hello gormless' which I said one day when meaning gorgeous but the brain fog kicked in
love
Tab

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 17:11:37 PM »
Lexy knows her name. Whenever she hears it, she's usually asleep somewhere (she does not respond well to being woken). She follows with a stretch from her perch with a front paw pointing at me. I can almost see the tiny middle toe pointing up at me....just in case I miss her meaning ;)

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 17:05:25 PM »
Poor Ella (and Effie) having to listen to you sing, Si *evil laugh* ;)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 16:23:38 PM »
Dave is all at once stupid and stubborn, so refuses to acknowledge his name, or me for that matter, unless there is food on offer.

Chilli definitely knows her name, she's my clever girly :Luv:

Little Miss (still AWOL), responded to anything you said, she just liked to come for attention whenever she could get it!

They all know the word no and will at a minimum pause or whine when I say it :evillaugh:

They also love me singing, they come to wherever I am and rub up against me and watch me intently :Luv2:

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 15:57:21 PM »
I think Pepsi knows her name as occasionally we've mentioned it in a regular voice and she looks up or runs over. I don't think Darcy knows his name or listens to my 'cat-voice' as he just ignores me completely when I call him  :evillaugh: I think he must think that his name is the sound of the fridge door being opened or the sound of the tin opener as he always come running to those  :rofl:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 14:04:07 PM »
:rofl:

Most of my cats have totally ignored me  :evillaugh: although to be fair Schui was tone deaf so never ever knew his name, Pepper Pot is over 90% deaf so he doesn't respond and Byron just ignored me most of the time  :innocent:

I have to say though I sing alot to my cats and they usually love it  ;D especially girl cats our Penny used to come running into the room and sing along with me and Byron used to love me singing James Morrison's, 'You Give Me Something'  'Undiscovered' to her she would get all cuddly, snuggle up and and then go to sleep  :Luv:

Awww that is so sweet!!!  :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 14:02:47 PM »

Most of my cats have totally ignored me  :evillaugh: although to be fair Schui was tone deaf so never ever knew his name, Pepper Pot is over 90% deaf so he doesn't respond and Byron just ignored me most of the time  :innocent:

I have to say though I sing alot to my cats and they usually love it  ;D especially girl cats our Penny used to come running into the room and sing along with me and Byron used to love me singing James Morrison's, 'You Give Me Something'  'Undiscovered' to her she would get all cuddly, snuggle up and and then go to sleep  :Luv:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 14:01:36 PM »
She certainly knows the sound of her Dreamies packet and her Gourmet pouches and tins  :rofl: :hug:

My goodness, before I've even started tearing the packet, Cooper has flown downstairs and is sat by my feet, drooling  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2010, 13:58:41 PM »
Not sure what I believe really about understanding names.  Bonnie sometimes comes when I shout her name and sometimes she doesn't. Is this because she can't be bothered or just wants to wind me up  :rofl:

She certainly knows the sound of her Dreamies packet and her Gourmet pouches and tins  :rofl: :hug:

As usual we will never be able to work the little darlings out.  They do what they want and we let them do what they want  :Luv2: :hug: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 13:57:29 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 13:54:44 PM »
At the moment, if both are out of sight and I call one of them, they both come trotting in to see if I have food  :evillaugh:

Maybe in time they will respond individually. Its still early days for my two, they have had 3 years of being called Toby and Miffy!  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 13:48:45 PM »
3 of mine know their names but Ducha just ignores, blooming clever little birman  :innocent:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2010, 13:46:49 PM »
One of my little Muckspots Olive comes running for her horrible medicine when I call her name

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2010, 13:44:34 PM »

My OH doesn't believe that our cats know their names but just respond to the tone of your voice (which I know deep down is true, but I like to live in the land of delusion  :evillaugh:) and to prove his point, he shouted over at Cooper and said "Oi, sh*t-head" and Cooper turned around and chirped at him!!  :rofl:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
Poor Ella
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2010, 13:40:30 PM »
Both my girls know their name and will come running if you call them. I am sat on the couch singing to  songs at the top of my voice

I have just put on Umbrella by Rhianna, you can imagine what is happening!  :rofl: :rofl:

Link to CatChat