Author Topic: Our new lodger  (Read 2972 times)

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Bazza (missing since March 2010), Rossi and Joey
Re: Our new lodger
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2010, 22:55:35 PM »
Well, basically my brother in law's new job that he was supposed to be starting next week didn't work out (they told him after almost 6 weeks of training). Ozzy (dog - got another thread going about him) was always going to need to come back now I think, Cyprus just wasn't right for him. Joey would've been fine there but they're not going to go to the upheaval, stress and expense of taking him on 2 more flights. Plus I think my sister in law has another female cat over there who she'd really like to bring back if she can - had given up hope on her given timescales etc, but now I think it's more than likely  :shify: she just needs to convince her hubby (which considering she's having to up-sticks again for him shouldn't be too hard  ;))

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2010, 22:12:25 PM »
Aww, that's sad for your brother and his wife (I'd be fuming if I 'imported' my pets back to the UK only to be told at the last minute I have to go back!).

Nice for you though, and for Rossi to have a pal to rough and tumble with  :)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2010, 21:55:05 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2010, 21:35:33 PM »
There has been a slight change of plan today - sil and bil are going back to Cyprus next week  :shocked: Not what any of us were expecting but these things happen, particularly in the army it would seem. So Joey is going to be staying here until next summer (by which point I suppose we may have to admit he's adopted us properly  :Luv:)

Think Rossi will be quite happy actually - they spend all day roaming around the woodland behind our garden and most evenings/early mornings playing chase up and down the stairs - I don't need to sleep anyway, it's fine being woken up at 6.15 every day by 2 elephants on the stairs shouting for their breakfast  :innocent: :tired:

I'll have to get a photo of the two of them together if they ever sit still for long enough!

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2010, 21:43:59 PM »
What a hunk  :Luv: Maybe that's why I was subconsciously thinking Joey was ginger/white as I had seen Rossi's pics before  :Luv2:
Either that or your ginger cat addiction is worsening  ;)

My parents-in-law have a lovely 9-year-old ginger and white boy too, Tiger - he started my own personal love affair with ginger cats  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2010, 18:18:53 PM »
What a hunk  :Luv: Maybe that's why I was subconsciously thinking Joey was ginger/white as I had seen Rossi's pics before  :Luv2:

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 00:27:01 AM »
For comparison and to prove I do take pics of my own cat as well  :rofl: here's Rossi enjoying the sunshine yesterday  :)

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 00:22:15 AM »
JackSpratt - he is isn't he  :Luv: He's currently snoozing between me and OH on the sofa, having spent an eventful evening in the neighbour's garden losing his collar and letting the locals know who's boss (Rossi meanwhile came in at dusk like the good little kitty he is but then spent the next 2 hours miaowing for Joey and staring out the window!)

What a handsome boy :drool;  :Luv: I had visions of him being a short hair ginger and white, am surprised at his long hair given the climate over there. Sounds like a bit of a cop out on the part of the owners of that poor female cat  :(

Were you expecting something more like this - we nicknamed him Keo, a little cat that hung around one of the restaurants that we went to a few times while over there. Actually looking at the pic again he looks a lot like Rossi only smaller.

You're right about the climate but there are actually quite a lot of long haired cats about. Up on Troodos mountain they get snow in the winter, so maybe the long haired ones have migrated out towards the coast over time?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 11:18:26 AM »
He's gorgeous! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 23:22:32 PM »
What a handsome boy :drool;  :Luv: I had visions of him being a short hair ginger and white, am surprised at his long hair given the climate over there. Sounds like a bit of a cop out on the part of the owners of that poor female cat  :(

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 23:16:45 PM »
OK, since you asked so nicely!

It's heartbreaking over there, they have a great rehoming centre/kennels which my SIL volunteers at, but some of the stories  :( There was one beautiful girl there last time we visited who'd been left behind as her owners were moving on to Germany and thought she'd be better off staying where she knew... 1 year on and she's still in a cattery pen  :'(

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 22:34:10 PM »
 :need pics:  You knew it was coming :evillaugh:

Joey sounds adorable and nice for Rossi to have a playmate too  :) It's always nice to hear of people bringing pets over/taking pets abroad, I know 99.9% of us on Purrs wouldn't even consider coming over without them but all too often you hear people trying to rehome their pets when emigrating or returning to the UK.

Offline BazandGem

• Adult Cat
Our new lodger
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 21:27:49 PM »
My OH's sister is married to a soldier who was posted overseas until recently, and they're now in the process of moving back to the UK which has meant their pets have had to come over before them. Their dog is staying with my in-laws but I agreed that Joey, their Cypriot rescue cat, could stay here for a few  weeks until their UK house is sorted. He spent the first week shut in the spare room as we were waiting to make sure Rossi was better, but for the past few days he and Rossi have been getting to know each other.

They tend to chase each other around the house for a bit then one will miaow, as if to say "shall we go again?" and off they go! Lots of sniffing of noses and tails, and Rossi comes to see where Joey is if they're not together. It's very sweet - I was a bit worried how they'd get on but they both seem quite happy to have a playmate  :)

I know you'll want photos, but Joey is currently asleep on my right arm (makes typing interesting too!!) so you'll have to wait I'm afraid.

Link to CatChat