Author Topic: Tough decision  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Tough decision
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2010, 11:33:26 AM »
 :hug: Oh Claire don't beat yourself up as you have done your best, sometimes letting go is the most loving thing we can do. Some cats just don't settle with one another. Having seen Noah leap about the place when I played a Siamese yowl on YouTube, I don't think he could ever be integrated (CP were of the same mind). Once you find Darcy that special home you will be so glad you will know it was all for the best.  :hug:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 08:40:02 AM »
That can't have been an easy decision to make  :hug: :hug:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 08:16:29 AM »
You have nothing to feel guilty about, you have rescued him, tried to integrate him and now rehoming him because it is the best for him, and that is the most important thing, you are doing everything to make him happy, rather than being selfish and keeping him even though he is unhappy.
Please spay your cat

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 21:49:36 PM »

You saved him from life as a stray so you should be proud of rescuing him, just need to find his forever home now  :hug: He's absolutely gorgeous and sounds like a lovely character so hopefully he'll be snapped up in no time  :hug:

:thanks: everyone. This is how I'm trying to see it Helen, I was hoping that he'd be able to stay with us forever but I guess we're going with what was our original plan anyway and trying to find somewhere for him to go permanently. I'm still kind of proud, even with his issues I know that he's a lot happier having a home, he just loves getting cuddles and curling up on your lap, just a bit gutted that it hasn't worked out with us is all.

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2010, 21:45:22 PM »
Claire, it's a tough decision to make but well done for putting the cats feelings first. :hug: Hope you find the perfect home for Darcy soon.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2010, 21:21:57 PM »
Sorry Claire  :hug: :hug:

Don't beat yourself up - you've been great for him and yuhave to look at the bigger picture and make everyone happy.  I am sure there will be a happy ending soon.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2010, 21:00:11 PM »
Definitely a tough decision but sounds like it's without a doubt in Darcy's best interests  :hug:

You saved him from life as a stray so you should be proud of rescuing him, just need to find his forever home now  :hug: He's absolutely gorgeous and sounds like a lovely character so hopefully he'll be snapped up in no time  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 20:23:27 PM »
That must be a hard decision to have to make Claire but if you think that it's the best thing for Darcey and Pepsi then don't beat yourself up about it :hug:

Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 20:05:59 PM »
Sorry Claire  :hug:

I'm sure it wasn't easy but you are putting Darcy & Pepsi's needs first. As you know, it might take a while but I'm sure you will find him somewhere he will be happy  :hug:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Tough decision
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 20:00:05 PM »
Me and OH have decided to rehome Darcy  :( It's not been an easy decision to make but we think it's for the best for everyone involved. He is overgrooming himself more and more, causing large hairless patches on the back of his legs and his sides. I believe there are multiple reasons for this, all down to stress which I don't feel as though I'm capable of fixing :( Also, while he's been at my friend's house Pepsi has been back to her old self and is a lot happier, one of the requirements of Darcy staying with us in the first place was that him and Pepsi get on which unfortunately isn't the case  :'( I think it would be best for both of them if he went to a home where he was the only cat, and was allowed outside, and where someone is home a lot of the time as I'm out at work for a lot of the day and don't have the time to give him the attention which he needs  :( I feel awful having to do it, but at least he'll be off the streets and in the loving home that he deserves... I just have to find it first.

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Link to CatChat