Author Topic: New rescue and FIRE  (Read 2800 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: New rescue and FIRE
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2010, 08:35:08 AM »
It must be very scary to see it approching from your house  :scared:

So glad they have got it under control  ;D  :hug:

and well what a little stunner Goregous Perseus is  ;D :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:  I adore his name  ;D
How is he getting on Dave?

:hug: :hug:

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2010, 14:32:27 PM »
Monday is here and the paper mentioned the "Lakeside Fire" is contained. Thankfully the winds moved it away from us towards the dam, though bad for the people out there. Todays paper says:

The Lakeside fire in the Browns Gulch area north of Canyon Ferry Lake was 85 percent contained and 60 percent under control at press time. Smoke may still be seen as crews continue to mop up.

The Lakeside fire crosses numerous ownership boundaries, including: 552 acres on Bureau of Land Management; 142 acres on Forest Service; 111 acres on private property; and 50 acres on Bureau of Reclamation. Numerous resources responded to the fire for the initial attack. Officials say the successful suppression efforts are a result of the good working relationships and partnerships between the many agencies, county officials and resources, volunteer fire departments, organizations and contractors involved in this incident.

So far it burned over 855 acres, rather small when compared to the Marywether fire from 2 years ago (it was about 7 miles from home at became the #1 fire in the nation here for a few weeks), but scary when near home. The smoke was not as bad as past fires in the area too, which was good. We have had a few fires where the air quality is so bad for weeks at a time that seniors and children were under great warnings and asked to leave the area.

I hate fire season here.

"Cats Nap. Only Humans Put Them To Sleep." : Sterilize, Don't Euthanize!

Monthly contest with prize for winner cat: www.CoolCatPix.com

Offline purrdy1

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 13:03:52 PM »
 :Luv: what a sweetheart! hope things improve out there! xxx
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2010, 12:23:22 PM »
He's a little darling - Praying the fires stay well away from you. xxx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2010, 00:34:50 AM »
David to the rescue yet again - bless you.

I love pics number 7 and 8 - he is such a cute little chap  :Luv2: :Luv2: :hug: :hug:

Hope them fires stay well away from you.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 21:34:22 PM »
poor little lucky to have found you poppet.    He is gorgeous.     Love that picture of him yawning.      Hope the fires are brought under control soon.
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 18:33:12 PM »
What a little cutie  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Hope those fires are soon under control and stay well away from you  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 17:40:16 PM »
For those who may not realize, except for my first 2 cats (^Hamlet^ and ^Itchy^), we name all our cats with Celestial names. I also like them to be Roman, Greek or Egyptian as a second meaning. :) Donna has a rule of no names starting with a letter of a current or past cat we have had, and our names count too. That nixed A, B, C, D, H, I, L, N, O and T. It was my turn to name the next and sadly some of my initial ideas were killed by the first letter. ;) I had it down to Phobos, M25 and Persues. M25 was just silly and since Phobos was the god of fear I thought that was not good. ;)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 17:31:21 PM »
Perseus is so sweet  :Luv2: the name is lovely and well done for caring.  Hopefully things will improve for you all very soon :hug:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2010, 17:31:46 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 16:59:20 PM »
What an absolute poppet, love his name. He is so lucky to have found you. Keep up the good work, take care and lets hope those fires are soon out.  :hug:

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
New rescue and FIRE
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 16:54:00 PM »
Hi all, only have a few minutes right now, but I thought I would catch you up on 2 topics.

2 weeks ago after we got home from work we got a call form the people there. The building maintance guy found a kitten in the median just out of the building. They asked if I knew someone who may want it. I told them no, but would look around. When I got to work the next day, Judy had brought the kitten to her home for the night and I saw it for the first time. It was no more than 4 weeks old, easily fit in my hand, had a bad cold, swollen eyes, singed whiskers, badly stained face (likely from the dripping eyes) and his front paws were badly cut up on the pads. We brought him to our vet who offered to board him for no cost while tests and treatments were done. The kitten was about 4.5 weeks to 5 weeks old and may have had some burns on the face a little (whiskers). He tested neg for FIV/FLEV/FIP but does have round worms. Treatment on the worms and his bad cold started about 10 days ago. No one offered to take him, so as of 4 days ago he became Perseus, our new kitten.
Here are images from his time at the vet:

Here is a PDF with other images http://www.coolcybercats.com/images/messages/17594perseus.pdf

I did not include the images of him with his paws all bandaged up, it is too sad. But he is now here at the house and isolated in the upstairs bed room and bathroom. He is doing well, is wild and a little purr machine!

Now the fire part (not about Purseus). If you have read some of my past posts you know that I am in the Rocky Mountains in the USA. We have had a bad pine beetle problem here for a few years and a LOT of trees are now dead. Some mountains are over 60% deat lodgepole pines now. A matchbox waiting to happen as we enter fire season. Well, a wild fire started only a couple miles from here Friday evening. :( The mountains were glowing red Friday and Saturday nights!
These images were taken from my websites live camera:

The white stuff at the bottom of the image by the river is a BIG camp ground.
Here is a shot from Friday night:

Thankfully the fire has moved away from us so far, but it is still running wild. I always get a bit nervous when they are so close and the helecopters and planes are called in and flying all over dropping water all day.

Link to CatChat