Author Topic: Does your cat bite your hair??!  (Read 3052 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Does your cat bite your hair??!
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 05:01:20 AM »
Noah has now taken to hair biting on a daily basis! :doh: I can stop him by putting my hand on my head but am now pretty sure it is a wake me up/ gain attention thing. Blocking with my hand shows Noah I am awake so this can mean I get purred and headbutted instead.  :Luv: Don't mind from a personal POV, but don't fancy bright red hair balls and obviously don't want to risk him getting sick if my hair is newly coloured.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:02:42 AM by Fire Fox »
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline DandCmum

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2010, 10:42:53 AM »
Cartmen likes to try n eat/paw at my hair, especially when it is tied up! I think he thinks it is one of those wiggly waggly toys  :tired:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
Jess does this too me too.

He'll usually get a mouthful and tug really hard it does sometimes hurt too.

I've always thought he does it for attention as its usually when I'm in bed and its getting to feeding time, or I'm on the sofa he'll climb up on me and do it.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 16:41:58 PM »
I think it was the claws anchoring onto my head that hurt the most, he was in a frenzy  :Crazy:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 16:36:40 PM »
I actually managed to video Lukey grooming/biting my head  :shocked: I was laying on the floor ready to film him doing something cute and he jumped on my back and started grooming/biting my hair - I flipped the phone round and caught him in the act...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFBnvsHwKvo

OMG!!! How cute is he, he sure is going for it  :evillaugh: Did that actually hurt?  :scared:

Memphis only chews my hair on occasion and only if it has just been washed and very wet. He usually appears from above and just licks, chews and spits. He's not really a fan of long hair. Licking me though is a whole different thing and he does that a lot and does it so much that it causes me a great deal of pain ... cat tongues and skin to not mix  :shocked:

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 16:26:20 PM »
I actually managed to video Lukey grooming/biting my head  :shocked: I was laying on the floor ready to film him doing something cute and he jumped on my back and started grooming/biting my hair - I flipped the phone round and caught him in the act...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFBnvsHwKvo

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2010, 09:28:09 AM »
 :doh: Ouch to those who get claws AND teeth, I just got held down with soft pads! I have never had a cat bite my hair before, looks like it is not that unusual tho! Interesting to read of the various motivations, from stress through to attention seeking.  :-: Wonder why they decide to chew hair?

:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 21:52:18 PM »
Milo sometimes does it when I'm on the sofa and he's sitting on the back of it..  What's worse is he usually grabs my head with both front paws, sinks his claws in to get a grip, then tries to take a bite.

Lucifer does this, but without the bite, its like hes just trying to stop me moving my head  :rofl:

i stopped lucifer chewing and licking my hair as much as i can  partly cos of the state it got into with split ends in the middle but mostly because the only furballs lucifer gets are  :-[ apparently just my hair  :sick: hes alot more insistent about trying to get to my hair when hes feeling generally insecure, when giles was causing abit of feline tension in the house and hogging my lap to boot lucifer resorted to pulling my hair down the gap behind the pillow so he could chew it from under the bed while i was asleep  :shify: and when id wake up and try to pull my hair back hed reach through and smack my hands!!
he also occasionally manages to steal the shed hair from when ive cleared my hairbrush which he licks and bites and kicks  :-: and then rubs over his face like a catnip toy - what all that about?

Offline puggy1975 Zoe

• Hero Cat
  • Tyler and Ollie
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 21:16:30 PM »
Ollie like a chew at hair every now and then, usually my mums when she visits, he also bad at licking peoples feet yuk
Zoe, Ollie and Tyler

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 21:11:00 PM »
Dave used to dot his a lot as a kitten, he'd pad my head and pull my hair with his teeth. Always when I was in bed and he'd do it just for a comfort thing I think.

Now he does it occasionally, no real reason why and now he's much bigger so gets bigger mouthfuls and pulls harder :doh: He seems to do it while grooming himself when he does decide to.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 17:06:38 PM »
Nope, none of mine have, but I've had it licked a few times eeww  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 17:07:34 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 14:12:17 PM »
None of mine bite my hair but one of them insists on trying to bed down in it. Astryd started this as a kitten and has never stopped it. Unfortunately sometimes the claws go a bit too high and I'm treated to a rather sharp scalp massage!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 13:50:19 PM »
Bourneville regularly eats my hair to wake me up in the morning!!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 13:34:19 PM »
Mosi tries to eat my hair.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 12:58:14 PM »
Yes, I tend to wear my hair up or in a braide. The braide they will chew and paw at and the rest of the time if they can get a strand they will try and pull.

Penquin also likes to clean my hair...

Offline Kucinta

• Adult Cat
  • Milo & Remy
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 11:35:34 AM »
Milo sometimes does it when I'm on the sofa and he's sitting on the back of it..  What's worse is he usually grabs my head with both front paws, sinks his claws in to get a grip, then tries to take a bite.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 11:09:06 AM »
I have been groomed on occasion, then the cat has realised Im not a cat  :evillaugh: Tia licks my leg every morning, I dont know what thats about  :Crazy:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 10:39:40 AM »
Amber doesny but my friends cat used to sit on the back of the settee and lick your hair. It was kinda scary though as if you stroked her she scratched and bit you so I spent a long time sitting perfectly still in case she attacked my head  :rofl:
love
Tab

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 10:01:21 AM »
Ai chan has only done that once, my old cat Chester allways did that to get my attention.

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
Does your cat bite your hair??!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 09:51:39 AM »
This morning I was awoken by a loud purring in my ear and a few headbutts. Then Noah grabs a chunk of my hair with his teeth and pulls, firmly enough to pull it out of my ponytail but not enough to hurt. :Crazy: Noah has done this a few times before, but this is the third time in a week! It's not an accident, he grabbed and pulled about ten times in three sets, the third set I was also treated to a paw in my ear!  :rofl:

I can't work out if he is attention seeking (happens if I am facing the side of the bed, too close to squeeze down) or he is trying to groom me (there is no licking, but my hair needs washing  :-[) or is a bit peckish. I have of course got up earlier than intended to feed the dear boy so I am well trained.  :Luv2:

Anyone else's furbaby do the same?
Lulu's Catbook

Link to CatChat