Author Topic: Whiskas new steamed range - 12 pouches for £2.50 @ Tescos  (Read 2827 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Whiskas new steamed range - 12 pouches for £2.50 @ Tescos
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2010, 22:20:07 PM »
They really are crafty   :shify:

i just opened a foil tray of Sheba Salmon flavour - they have changed the texture to make it different from the steamed one. The chunks are huge now - It even look different and Clapton only ate a bit. He usually loves it - I won't be buying that again  >:(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2010, 16:24:23 PM »
I try to get mine eating a mix. Hill's senior light biscuits go down well here - they are 50% chicken/turkey + some fish, so pretty good meat content - much better the the adult light. Also they are low phosphorus. I can't get Clapton to eat renal biscuits so this is the next best thing.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2010, 16:24:06 PM »
'Ours ate 60 sachets of the meat verion and 3kgs of RC Dental biscuits for their tea last night - it was the Late Miss Cissys favourite tea
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2010, 16:04:04 PM »
Mine are fed primarily dry foods (Hills atm) and wet food is a treat.  Bozita isn't a fave right now but we alternate between that because of the high meat content, natures menu and whiskas

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2010, 13:13:05 PM »
I didn't rate the new Whiskas - it was smellier than normal but looked very similar and same poor meat content - the only Whiskas I like is the Oh So, as that is bout 14% meat - whiskas rarely do two meats in one pouch, unlike Felix.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »
Ah yes the new "Simply"- they call the fish one steamed and the meat one grilled (even though the fish ones are mostly meat  :shify: ) I clearly remember a couple of years ago them announcing on the regular boxes that they were now steam cooked  :shify:

I will get a couple if I get time to go shopping between 5 exams over the next 2 weeks  :Crazy: - they are just like the Sheba trays in look and (disgusting) smell  :evillaugh:

I really think Lidl own pouches are better quality - they definitely smell nicer and are only £2.17 normal price. They have a gravy selection and a jelly one - they are all double flavours, ie chicken & liver.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2010, 12:32:52 PM by Mark »

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 11:42:37 AM »
I agree Mark, they don't make things easy with changing small things and marketing them as completely new products

This is the product along with the useful price comparison website I should use more often
http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Cat_Food/Whiskas_Simply_Steamed_Fish_in_Jelly_12x85g.html

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 07:53:01 AM »
I thought they started calling the regular Whiskas steamed last year. But then again, I get confused with all the different ways they find to con us into paying more money for cat food  :evillaugh: - I thought the latest Whiskas variants were grilled and "in sauce" - I will have to take a look. I have learned that my lot never eat the posher ones, although they did eat a few of the grilled ones; which I am sure is the same as Sheba foil trays.

confused of Whitstable  :Crazy:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Whiskas new steamed range - 12 pouches for £2.50 @ Tescos
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2010, 23:21:54 PM »
I thought i'd give this a try as Nova adores fishy wet foods - will see how he likes it tomorrow as a different treat :)

Link to CatChat