Author Topic: Alice's cat grass - updated with Clapton's kitty salad pics  (Read 2223 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Alice's cat grass - updated with Clapton's kitty salad pics
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 23:44:13 PM »
Quote from: Gillian (Ambercat) link=topic=31862.msg572911#msg572911 date=1271974004

Alice looks like she's got some extra long fur in that pic.  :Luv2:
[/quote

I'm sure that it grew back longer after they shaved her for ultrasound. I rally can't remember as she had only been with me for a few weeks then.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 23:06:44 PM »
Looks like Clapton's enjoying the fine dining experience  ;)  :Luv2:

Alice looks like she's got some extra long fur in that pic.  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 21:53:48 PM »
Love those pics of Clapton  :rofl: :rofl:

I grew cat grass for Kocka but she wouldnt go near it, also tried normal grass in a seed tray, still wouldnt touch it........sigh

Mine go out for their grass and Franta has been out for a munch today, first time for over a year I think.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 21:44:43 PM »
Bonnie loves her cat grass and I bring grass in from outside for her when it's nice.  Just started to bring it in this week as it's looking good.  She has never been sick after eating it.

Here's some pics I took last year.

Mary

Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Re: Alice's cat grass
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 18:49:07 PM »
As Clapton tried to eat it the other day, I thought I would try something. I cut some up like I was snipping chives and put them on his food (trout flavour Sheba with binders + extra water  :shify: ) and....

Bit blurry as I didn't want to put him off so had to stand well back.  :Luv2: - I'm sure it is good for him - a bit like us eating wheatgrass.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 18:51:08 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 16:37:18 PM »
I have bought those a few times but none of mine will go near them. I nearly bought some cod liver oil & malt in boots the other day a great big jar for about £4 - that is mainly all furball paste is.  I wanted to try it again anyway. We were given it every days as young kids and I think I liked it.  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 21:56:00 PM by Mark »

Offline msrisotto

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 14:14:37 PM »
I got Jelly some "Defurr'em" treats from pets at home which are good, she loved them so much she stole the bag, tore it open and had half the packet (had a verry runny tummy that night!  :sick:)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 14:08:07 PM »
I think I will chop some up and put it on Clapton's food as he wants it but just can't chew it. It might help his furballs. He has been sick a few times.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 23:04:07 PM by Mark »

Offline msrisotto

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 13:52:59 PM »
Hiya,

I got the same stuff for Jelly who just pulled the grass out by the root and chased it around the house! Fail.....

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Alice's cat grass - updated with Clapton's kitty salad pics
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 13:23:51 PM »
I grew this last week and it is looking really healthy. I showed it to Alice - she had a nibble and then wanted to go out.......for grass  :tired:

It is being totally ignored. I put it on the corner in the hope that Kylie might eat some when she is passing - she isn't interested either  :Crazy: - that was 2 days ago and it is even taller now. In the meantime, Alice is still going out for normal grass  :Crazy:

Excuse the cat sick and state of the rug. I need to shampoo it when she is out  :shy: - she goes into hiding even if I try to use the carpet sweeper.

Clapton likes it, but having no teeth......

« Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 18:50:05 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat