Author Topic: Giles has been adopted!  (Read 2214 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Giles has been adopted!
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2010, 12:49:17 PM »
Sometimes letting them go IS the most loving thing you can do. I left my two beloved cats with my ex-husband as he kept our village cottage and I moved into a series of temporary homes. I always intended to go back for them but realised on one of many tearful visits that they were truly happy were they were and he was a fantastic slave. :( You are sending Giles on to make someone else very happy, leaving space in your home for another needy soul.  :Luv2:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2010, 08:25:20 AM »
Aww, it is always sad when they have been with you so long, but he has a fantastic home, and you have the space to help another needy cat - and unfortunatley there is no lack of them.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 17:34:39 PM »
Well done, Snarf!  :wow: Six months is a long foster.  :doh: It's very natural to get attached but at least you did get to know what happened to him. I am sure you'll get reports. What you've done for him is something to be really proud of.  :naughty:

Time to move on...

Think of the next one out in the cold with no food (or heat with no water!) or in the vets with nowhere to go. There's a baby out there needing you right now.  ;)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 20:41:04 PM »
Well Done  :hug: Do you think it might help to read your A Carrs book now  :hug:

are you suggesting im over emotional Teresa?!  :innocent: tbh ive had a fairly terminal falling out with someone i had considered to be a very close friend today as well so if there was ever a falling off the wagon day this would be it! i have wanted to smoke but only out of self destruct and i know thats all it is so ive had to make do with crying and absurd amounts of tea!  :-[ hijack over!

:hug: Thank you Teresa though  :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 20:26:47 PM »
Well Done  :hug: Do you think it might help to read your A Carrs book now  :hug:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 19:58:25 PM »
hes just gone and im sobbing like a baby :'( sparecat and lucifer are no help whatsoever!!

i know hes going to a good place but i will miss him, he knew something was up as well- hes spent the last half hour hiding and he never does that.

i told her about purrs and catchat and wrote the addresses down for her  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 21:53:07 PM »
 :wooooo:

:1st place: Giles  ;D

I'm sure you'll be gutted to see him go but I bet the satisfaction of helping him find such a fab sounding home outweighs the sadness  :)

You should tell his new owner about Purrs  ;)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 19:47:42 PM »
Thank you
yes, he had op on 17th feb- blood tests from that showed him to be anaemic and diabetic! thankfully both symptoms of the hyperthyroid but we had to wait for them to come down to be sure (with weekly blood tests the first month  :tired:) so its been a long road to get him healthy enough for adoption!

Im sure if you ask nicely she will send pics to you  ;)

or beg!! My coordinator thinks we will get pics and updates- his new slave is very talkative  ;) she also said that when he was first brought in, the vet didnt think hed make it, he deserves a happy ending ,beautiful little trooper that he is :Luv:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 19:11:59 PM »
Have a  :hug: the first one is always hard to let go
Did he have his thyroid op in the end?
Im so pleased he got chosen so quickly, the effort you put in with him must have shown through in his pic! Im sure if you ask nicely she will send pics to you  ;)

Theres not much i can say in regards to it not making you cry but settle in the fact that you saved him and changed his life forever!
Rest assured it wont be long til the phone rings and another poorly chap/chapette arrives wanting some of your special care  ;)

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
Giles has been adopted!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 19:02:40 PM »
not sure how many of you remember him, but hes my first foster, with me since 11 Nov with hyperthyroid.

he was only cleared by the vets at easter, added to the AARU website on 7th April, our coordinator had a call for him on the 11th! so very quick, its then taken us another 10 days for her to meet him and then to be homechecked but shes a lovely lady, Giles adores her and she seems smitten- very much love at first sight! she signed all the Docs last night and paid her adoption fee and is picking him up tomorrow. she sounds like she cant wait!

Sooooooo im obviously very happy for Giles and for his lovely new slave but im going to miss him :'( hes been with me 6 months and it feels like weve been through a fair bit. hes so loving and friendly. i know that'll make sense to you guys but its been hard to explain to other people. as far as theyre concerned i either love him or i dont and if i love him why would i let him go. if i dont, why do i care (people are stooopid  >:( )

i know im going to cry alot (and i cant stop cuddling him) but any tips would be appreciated

Link to CatChat