Author Topic: Cat reunited with owner after 8 years !  (Read 2496 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Cat reunited with owner after 8 years !
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 19:27:22 PM »
I dont believe it

RSCPA officers dont respond to 'feral' cats  :Crazy:
And if they were to respond i doubt they would scan it, anyone remember the so called "feral" cat that was pts even tho it was chipped? It was a cat afraid of strangers but due to being aggresive when collected it was pts without scanning  >:(

I checked article date expecting to see apr 1st  :evillaugh:

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2010, 17:48:08 PM »
My first cat Jasper went missing 10 years ago, we had moved to the place we are still at now, kept him in for 2 weeks, he went out one day and never came back  :(

We used to live a mile away on Lymington Highstreet  and he would meet me in the carpark behind the flat every evening without fail.

I went to the carpark every eve for ages calling him, incase he had made his way back there, nothing, asked all the neighbours to keep an eye out for him and contacted the cat & kitten rescue, still nothing.

He was neutered but not micrchipped, wasnt such a big thing back then, so wish he would turn up, but he would be 12 by now so highly unlikely.

Just hope he found a new loving home or is playing happily on the bridge waiting for me.

This is him, with me and my eldest son who is now 11

Offline Cat_Crazy

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 10:30:21 AM »
Its amazing that they have been reunited after such a long time. The woman's attitude seems a bit odd though - wouldn't neuter because it was someone else's cat, but felt ok to have him microchipped  :Crazy: then she is on about letting him out next week?!.. poor thing is ill.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2010, 23:44:13 PM »
He's well worn bless him.

I don't think she's bothered that he's home at all.  Maybe it's cos she doesn't want to have to look after a cat that has health problems.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2010, 18:03:29 PM »
:Luv: :Luv: awww, just look at him! cheeky chops.  It does sound strange microchipped and not neutered  :shify: hope she manages to cat proof garden or suchlike  :scared:

I doubt it. She sounds quite gormless - talking about letting him out after a week  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2010, 15:54:14 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: awww, just look at him! cheeky chops.  It does sound strange microchipped and not neutered  :shify: hope she manages to cat proof garden or suchlike  :scared:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2010, 14:50:59 PM »
If that boy were mine, he'd be neutered and confined to barracks for many many weeks ....

Thinking about it, if poor lad has liver problems, might not be the usual simple decision to operate to neuter now.  Also not sure she should be lettign him out at all if FIV  :-:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 14:52:03 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 14:37:06 PM »
That boy has many a tale to tell.  It's written all over his poor face  :(

The fact that owner didn't feel able to neuter all those years ago (in case previous owner turned up) but did feel able to microchip doesn't ring true.  If that boy were mine, he'd be neutered and confined to barracks for many many weeks ....

He's absolutely gorgeous  :Luv:

Offline Philip

• Distinguished Cat
    • United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Trust
  • Slave to: Ellie, Bertie, Christian, Saba
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 14:21:59 PM »

"We are really happy to have him back but I know when we do let him out in a week or so we will probably never see him again,' she said. [/i]  :tired:

I know.... :innocent:
[/img]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/cheekee_munkee/All-3-together-web.jpg[/img]

RIP Maddy 02/06/2009 xxx
RIP Delphi 21/02/2011 xxx
RIP Skye xxxx

Bring love and happiness to all you do and it will be repaid tenfold.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 13:48:51 PM »
I assume the Daily Mail means Feral where it says Feal?

So a housecat living outdoors becomes feral does it?  :tired:

Glad he is back though - he looks like a right old bagpuss  :Luv2:

"We are really happy to have him back but I know when we do let him out in a week or so we will probably never see him again,' she said.
  :tired:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 13:51:56 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Philip

• Distinguished Cat
    • United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Trust
  • Slave to: Ellie, Bertie, Christian, Saba
Cat reunited with owner after 8 years !
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 13:37:54 PM »
On the news yesterday I heard a story about a cat being reunited with its oncer 8 years after going missing.

It was microchipped.

What a wonderful story which shows to never give up hope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1265410/Cat-reunited-owner-years-running-away.html

:wow:
[/img]
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h61/cheekee_munkee/All-3-together-web.jpg[/img]

RIP Maddy 02/06/2009 xxx
RIP Delphi 21/02/2011 xxx
RIP Skye xxxx

Bring love and happiness to all you do and it will be repaid tenfold.

Link to CatChat