Author Topic: Cat food bargain of the year  (Read 4405 times)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Re: Cat food bargain of the year
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2010, 10:18:50 AM »
That's very useful information thanks Desley :)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2010, 10:16:40 AM »
PAH have a very good returns policy if they dont like it - I bought 2 4kg bags in this offer one year (after trying them on a small bag), and they woudltn eat it, so after Helen said about their returns policy I took them back, it must have been months after, and they refunded me per bag, even though it was BOGOF when I bought them. Needless to say the money I got back (and a bit more) was spent in the shop!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2010, 10:13:55 AM »
I did the same. I bought 3 for 2 Hill's senior light which was about £25. (it comes in 1.5kg bags) I tried the senior PAH one once and they didn't like it  :tired: - however, they are going after the adult PAH in the garden when I put it out for the hedgies. I am pleased to report that at least the hedgies prefer PAH to Purina One  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2010, 09:53:59 AM »
What was crazy was I paid £32 for 6kg of Hills food in their three for the price of two offer, and got 24kg of the PetsatHome food for the same price!

I was on the phone to Lottie whilst queueing up and almost dropped my phone when I saw the total cost  :rofl:  Now have to hope my two like the pets at home food!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2010, 23:45:24 PM »
You are most welcome  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2010, 22:33:23 PM »
Thank you for causing me to spend £65 today Mark  :evillaugh:

Offline Kucinta

• Adult Cat
  • Milo & Remy
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2010, 13:17:03 PM »
Thanks for this, Mark , have just lugged 8 kg of the salmon flavour home. Would have liked to have got more, but it's a half hr walk each way and I'm now totally pooped.

The boys had better not go off it...

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2010, 19:36:12 PM »
I only get the 2kg bags (1.5kg with Hills senior) but may as well get the big bags as I am feeding the 5000 here  :evillaugh:

The 2 torties are always on the cadge + hedgies. Also the birds always finish what the hedgies and cats leave. I have even started leaving out left over wet food and the seagulls and magpies have that.

I was thinking of getting on one of the Kitchen Maid air tight storage containers in PAH.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2010, 19:33:33 PM »
The sell by date is around 13 months, it's stored in sealed bags and each bag is 4kg so the rest stays fresh while one bag is open. I'm sure even after 13 months it would be fine but I estimate it will all be gone by then, especially when they get a new flavour as they've been eating salmon for a few months now  :evillaugh:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2010, 19:30:38 PM »
I would be worried about it going off or the quality being degraded having that amount of food :scared: I know Arden Grange has a 1 year BB date and once opened should be eaten as soon as possible (which is why they never recommend getting big bags unless you have over so many cats).

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2010, 19:21:34 PM »
The boys have wet food too, don't think they or I would be happy with dry only. They always have a bowl of biccies to much on and I've started sprinkling them on their treat board instead of Dreamies/Temptations so we'll get through the biscuit mountain OK  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2010, 19:17:26 PM »
No prob  :)

I may go back on Thursday (when OH is back at work) and see if they have any left.

800 days food for 1 cat isn't bad for £33  :shify:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2010, 18:38:11 PM »
Went this morning at 11:30 and the shelves were full  ;D Got 4 x 4kg bags, 16kg for £33.98 *we need a bargain icon*

:thanks: for the tip off Mark

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2010, 23:34:48 PM »
I can see my 2 bags going quickly. Sadly I can't get Kylie off Hills senior light. Annoyingly, I think it was what caused her weight gain. It is the only food she will eat really. At least I got 3 for 2.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2010, 23:28:46 PM »
Just keeps showing out of stock. I have four months worth of food now at least anyway, will only need to buy their wet so for £20 I'm happy! Hopefully they'll do this again, they seem to do it periodically although last time it was only on the fish flavour but it's still a good deal when it comes round.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2010, 23:24:29 PM »
Why can't you order the chicken flavour?  :Crazy:

I felt like I was on suermarket sweep yesterday as OH was with me. It was a case of how much I could fit in the trolley  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 23:25:28 PM by Mark »

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2010, 23:22:42 PM »
That's what I was looking at, sizes are as normal :shify:

Anyway, seems my persistence paid off, I have just managed to order 4 bags of 2kg fishy flavour. Couldn't get any more flavours or sizes. Maybe someone cancelled an order and I got lucky.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2010, 23:09:04 PM »
Ok, I can still see the food but in the regular sized bags, linky to what you're looking at please Mark!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2010, 23:07:21 PM »
I just checked and it is still showing  :Crazy:

It is coming up with the different size bags all together. Click on the picture, then it comes up with a list. The choose the size bag you want.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2010, 23:05:15 PM »
That's my plan, the back up was going to be ordering online so will just have to keep my fingers crossed they have some left :crossed:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2010, 23:03:31 PM »
It doesn't even show up on the list of dry food that they sell when I'm looking for it (in the adult versions). It definitely did when you first posted :(

I would get your ass down to the local store tomorrow morning. Canterbury had loads on Saturday afternoon and they were closed today so still a good chance of thee being plenty instore?

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2010, 22:42:19 PM »
I've just this second looked again and it's still there as far as I can see. Going to just have to hope it is still in store on Tuesday night/Wednesday.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2010, 22:40:48 PM »
It doesn't even show up on the list of dry food that they sell when I'm looking for it (in the adult versions). It definitely did when you first posted :(

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2010, 22:37:45 PM »
Nope, still out of stock.

Unfortunately, we do not have enough stock for you to be able to purchase 1 units of the selected product.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 22:35:45 PM »
Huh, it was when I tried to add it to my basket, a warning came up above the product listing saying out of stock in this quantity (I only put one in the basket). I'm off to try again!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 22:31:31 PM »
At what stage does it tell you it has sold out?

I just tried putting come 2kg chicken in the basket and can't see anything saying it is out of stock.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 19:27:16 PM »
2kg and 4kg sold out online, my mum was going to let me order on her credit card :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 16:04:18 PM »
 :-[ Thanks Helen - I think I will do another trip as the 2 torties approve of it. Also, Kylie was eating some in the garden that one of them left. It seems the robins also approve  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2010, 15:02:27 PM »
It is indeed bargainous!

Offer ends 9am 9th April though Mark...

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2010, 11:00:19 AM »
I ahve no choice but to leave it, I'm skinto :evillaugh: I should get paid Tuesday I think so will go down after work or on Wednesday. Purina One is strictly for when I can only get to the Co-op, I just get a little bag to tide them over.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2010, 10:52:33 AM »
I wouldn't leave it too long as in previous years, they have sold out.

I think the PAH one is more on par with Proplan than Purina One.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 10:56:13 AM by Mark »

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2010, 10:38:01 AM »
This is what my two are eating at the moment and I'll be getting some this week as we've run out and are on emergency Purina One :shify: My two haven't always had it but they love it, both the chicken and the fishy one ;D So recommended from this house.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Cat food bargain of the year
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 09:23:43 AM »
This is already posted in the bargains section, but such a good offer, I though it worth posting here in case anyone misses it.

Pets at Home own brand premium food (on par with Hill's, Royal Canin etc) is BOGOF until 9am on 13th April.

2kg bags £9.99 (so 4kg is £9.99) = 100 days food
4kg bags £16.69 (so 8kg is £16.69) = 200 days food

The BOGOF applies to all size bags and all flavours/variants, including senior & kitten versions.

If anyone hasn't tried this, most cats love it and the kibbles are the smallest I have seen. Helen's Lucas & Riley have always eaten it.

Also, PAH are doing free delivery until tomorrow with no minimum purchase. You might even have time to order 2 small bags for about £2.50 delivered to try it and still have time to reorder the larger bags  ;D

Link to CatChat