Author Topic: Paws Inn Updates  (Read 800299 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Paws Inn Updates
« Reply #1340 on: September 01, 2010, 15:27:44 PM »
Glad there's nothing untoward happening with Bonny, it must be exhausting feeding and caring for all those babies at her young age so hopefully the steroids and Vit jab will give her a boost :care:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #1339 on: September 01, 2010, 12:30:23 PM »
Just back from vets and Bonny has been poked, prodded, listened to and had a thorough going over, vet cant find anything wrong but agrees with me that she needs a little something so shes had a steroid and vitamin injection, all kittens fine, a heart murmur detected on one of them but nothing to worry about just now. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing.

Sorry to disappoint Tan but the only Tenas we use are the monetary kind  :evillaugh: As for that photo out of all the thousands of pics I have taken over the years I think that one is my favourite.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #1338 on: September 01, 2010, 11:54:45 AM »
Hi T hun

I love the pics  :wow: :Luv: i just look at them and want to cuddle them all, just plonk meself down in the middle ... What bliss!  ;D :Luv:

Hope Bonnie and little ones are ok. Sending over positive vibes for today's vet visit.  :hug: :hug:

Now with these little imps .. would a extra large Tena help at all?   ;) :evillaugh: 

Sending loads of love over
 :Luv:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1337 on: September 01, 2010, 10:20:28 AM »
Well the kitchen is adorned with a collapsible pen yet again, the dumped kittens of 8 weeks old are more like the 4-5 month old kittens from hell and hate each other, so we have had to split them up for now, they also have a jekyll and hyde nature with humans.
Taking Bonny and kittens to vet later this morning purely on GUT instinct that something isnt right,  I have been giving her kittens solids since they were 3 weeks old last week and 4 of the 6 lap well with the last 2 lapping with encouragement, we have been overfeeding Bonny and got her to the stage that she leaves food now, but her weight is still dropping, hopefully I am just being over anxious but I would rather pay a vet to laugh at me and tell me I am worrying for nothing than miss something.
Will update on vet appt later.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1336 on: September 01, 2010, 06:56:56 AM »

Am so glad the open day was a huge success, and that the Inn is functioning "as usual."   You're on top form, Aunty T.  :hug: :hug: ;)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1335 on: August 31, 2010, 19:42:59 PM »
Glad to see you back on form T.  :hug:  Hope the run of successful re-homing continues without too many new additions.

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #1334 on: August 31, 2010, 13:41:51 PM »
Why do people dump kittens  :censored:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1333 on: August 31, 2010, 13:30:46 PM »
Good news is I have traced the owner of the posh sunglasses and Ant and Dec have settled really well in their new home; Bad news is I have to go and pick up 2 dumped kittens from a garden in a bit of a rough area, thats when I manage to sort some transport out.
Also need to sample cake I have just taken from the oven, the bread was superb, just need cake to cool  :rofl: as you can see I am back on form  :rofl:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #1332 on: August 30, 2010, 21:27:04 PM »
Awww pleased to hear that.  I've just told Tachi (Vader's asleep) and he gave a little burrrept.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1331 on: August 30, 2010, 20:17:08 PM »
Having a few computer problems and using a T mobile gongle/dongle thing so the briefest of updates.

Tiny has been offered a home, he was spotted during Open Day and today he has been reserved to go on Saturday.New mum is a member of Purrs but we go back about 15-16 years when she adopted 2 beautiful kittens from me, the second died last year.New mum lost her dog Barney on Thurday and is now left with one very special cat who she adopted from me 6 years ago; her special cat is Snowball the beautiful white girl who mothered Minimopsical and appears on the photo with her on the castle, I know Tiny or Diesel as he will be called will have a wonderful life.
Working very hard feeding solids to Bonnys kittens as Bonny is too thin to provide enough milk; Cherry is much better and her kittens are growing well, Chelsea escaped her Pen while I was cleaning her at tea time and I shocked myself and her by quickly picking her up and putting her back ( she is almost wild)Grace and her kittens are happy in their big new Pen so touch wood all seems ok for now.
By the way Ali (Notsonewbiekitty) I had a visit today from lady who adopted Tachi and Vaders big brothers from previous litter, Larry and Rory the one ClaireR and I risked our lives for when we learnt what a sheep run was :rofl: both are well.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #1330 on: August 30, 2010, 18:01:10 PM »
Glad to hear that the Open Day went well! Sorry we didn't manage to pop along, things are a bit tight at the mo.

Can't blame you one bit for not investigating the phone. Hopefully it'll stay broken for a little while to give you some peace and quiet!

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1329 on: August 30, 2010, 13:40:59 PM »
Aw, hope your neighbour manages to get her cat spayed pretty quick Shirley. Unfortunately so many people are a bit too naive when it comes to these matters.

DaisyMac - how's that lovely little fluffball Kenny settling in?

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1328 on: August 29, 2010, 19:12:57 PM »
She is lovely isn't she, but i thought the same yesterday, Such a shame these young mums have to go through this.
I took 4 kittens to a rescue today (must be the only one in the country to have space!!) They were nine weeks old and belonged to a young neighbour who i'd never seen before Fri. She'd knocked my door cos someone had told her i liked kittens  :sneaky: The mum was about a year old, which not quite so bad as Bonny but, when i collected them today, i asked if she'd been out since the kittens had been born-'only once, for a few minutes'  :Arrrrh: Hopefully, she ISN'T pregnant again as i've told her about CP's free neutering campaign at the mo and she's sorted that but won't have the voucher for 2 weeks!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1327 on: August 29, 2010, 18:17:45 PM »
So pleased the day went went with lots of Paws Inn babies off to start their new lives  :)

Bonny is beautiful but looks exhausted poor thing :care: The kittens look cute but I bet she would rather they slept somehwere else  :naughty:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1326 on: August 29, 2010, 16:08:45 PM »
I only had time to take one picture yesterday and it describes Paws Inn wonderfully (overloaded with kittens/cats).
The picture is Bonny a young kitten of 7-8 months herself with 6 tiny kittens, a bit reminiscent of the old woman who lived in a shoe. Every Pen was full and 3 collapsible pens were in use and things were looking grim and we had Open Day as well; a wonderfully reliable catnapper in the form of Daisymac was first to stake her claim and catnap Kenny, another upstanding catnapper took Ant and Dec and then this morning Julie came and claimed Twinkle which left Daisy and Macs knew parents to collect them this afternoon. Open day brought in a much needed £570 which will go a good way towards the £900 plus we need to find for this months vet bill, special thanks to ClaireR, Lilscruff
and Daisymac for all their help.
An extra special thanks to ClaireR who has spent today scrubbing out Kennys big Pen and moving Grace and her 4 kittens into it, she then scrubbed out Graces Pen and moved Tiny into it and when Daisy and Mac left she scrubbed their Pen out hopefully ready for repair, we have now sterilised the 3 collapsibles and locked them away in the garage.
The phone I am hoping has a terminal illness, its ringer seems to have stopped working, I have no intention of investigating just yet :evillaugh:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #1325 on: August 27, 2010, 21:20:20 PM »
Lovely updates T.  Glad you are feeling stronger, you'll need to be with all those little uns around.  Ant and Dec are gorgeous and the sink family names are brilliant. :rofl:

Sending lots of good wishes for a succesful day tomorrow.  I'd love to be there with me big discrete cat napping bag. I'd be spoiled for choice.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1324 on: August 27, 2010, 18:24:09 PM »
'Grace & babies' reminds me just what a handful kittens are - they look like mini-spidermen  :evillaugh:  :Luv2:

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1323 on: August 27, 2010, 17:59:05 PM »
Beautiful photos-LUV Cherry!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1322 on: August 27, 2010, 17:26:24 PM »
Good Lord , look at the size of Mac!!!!!! :Crazy:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1321 on: August 27, 2010, 17:18:37 PM »
well that was a good start put Ant and Dec and Olly in instead of Bonnys.
And now I dont know what i`ve put here  :rofl:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1320 on: August 27, 2010, 17:14:59 PM »
Wow, Cherry:  :Luv: Love Olly, looks like a Kitler! :) Great photos.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1319 on: August 27, 2010, 17:12:26 PM »
Just couldnt resist taking some sneaky pics when I was fussing cats instead of getting ready for tomorrow.
Chelsea the wild girl is being rather nice to me lately. Cherry who arrived at deaths door yesterday is as bright as a button and growled when I went near her, a really good sign she is protecting her babies. Bonnys babies are so tiny and running round the pen creating havoc, we even had attempts at lapping solids this morning, they are just 3 weeks old so look really funny.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
« Reply #1318 on: August 27, 2010, 12:29:37 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Looks like you need a few of these!

Marmite and Minxy are just fab names.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1317 on: August 27, 2010, 10:34:46 AM »
Lovely update Teresa! Can't wait to see them all tomorrow!   :hug:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Scratchy, Bear, Busta, Bronx, Brooklyn and part-time cats Scruff, Scamp and Scrumpberry
« Reply #1316 on: August 27, 2010, 10:17:12 AM »
Aw, those names are great - maybe a little crackers but there's certainly nothing wrong with that (says the girl with four* all black cats with names beginning with 'Sc').

I guess when prospective parents come to view or when they get put up on the Paws website they could just be referred to their 'first' names is Captain, Sargeant and Colonel  :rofl:

* Three at my house but reluctantly the elder one, Scruff, is with my parents where he can indulge in the great outdoors. We used to have another black boy named Skol (almost 'Sc'!) but unfortunately he passed away a few years ago. Bizarrely it was within about 10 days of his passing that Scruff, the then stray, showed up and adopted us. I most definately think Scruff was 'guided' to us by Skol from beyond 'the bridge'.  :)

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #1315 on: August 27, 2010, 08:43:46 AM »
Sooooooooooo excited for tomorrow - all those new babies to cuddle!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1314 on: August 27, 2010, 08:40:09 AM »
Been having a good think about these names and have decided that Captain Plugwash, Sergeant Ubend and Colonel Leaky are good, so mad as the names are they make me smile and thats important. Mum Cherry seems much brighter this morning and has eaten overnight and enjoyed a stroke, she is happily feeding her kittens now so huge sighs of relief.
Ant, Dec and Tiny are all bright this morning after their vaccination yesterday.
The really good news is that Melody`s kittens Marmite and Minxy seem really bright this morning after their vaccinations yesterday, we will continue to keep a very close eye on them.

Tan - you can get special vests that you can use on aircraft - loads of pockets so you can get lots of things in them and therefore cut down on hand baggage  ;) :evillaugh:

Teresa - I love the crazy names too  :)  Don't overtire yourself.  You'll need all your energy to keep Daisymac in check tomorrow  :lol2:

Such a shame we have an offer on tomorrow only, free cat carrier for Tena ladies called Tan adopting kittens  :rofl: :rofl:

I think Daisymac will think she is in heaven when she see`s all the babies,  so no worries and I intend to set her to work along with certain other unsuspecting Purrs members  :rofl:
I am not overtiring myself, I am pacing myself carefully and now doctors have found what else is ailing me and new medication has kicked in things are looking up and I do feel a little stronger each day, only trouble is knees swelling again but got hospital appt on 3rd sept so no problem.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #1313 on: August 27, 2010, 07:03:22 AM »

Tan - you can get special vests that you can use on aircraft - loads of pockets so you can get lots of things in them and therefore cut down on hand baggage  ;) :evillaugh:

Teresa - I love the crazy names too  :)  Don't overtire yourself.  You'll need all your energy to keep Daisymac in check tomorrow  :lol2:

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #1312 on: August 26, 2010, 22:35:41 PM »
So glad they are safe hun  :Luv:

Wonderful names  ;D

I wonder how many little ones will slip into guests jumpers at the weekend! I would have to wear a big ski jacket in the hope you woun;t notice!  ;) :evillaugh:

Love to all of you  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Lil_Scruff

• Adult Cat
« Reply #1311 on: August 26, 2010, 22:32:29 PM »
Wow - all go isn't it! Glad to hear you're feeling stronger today T  :hug:   Not good hearing about the vile people mind!

Will be able to meet the new bubba's on Saturday? They all sound gorgeous - as does new mum Cherry  :Luv2:

See you at the weekend all - looking forward to meeting some Purrs members face to face.

x

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #1310 on: August 26, 2010, 19:40:02 PM »
I cant wait to meet them all,   you have to have the names Captain Plugwash, Sergeant Ubend and Private leaky they are brilliant  :rofl:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1309 on: August 26, 2010, 18:47:18 PM »
Well tiny kitten thats so tiny he fits into the palm of your hand arrived and I couldnt take my eyes off the couples hands, man told me on phone his hands were small , my eyesight must be really bad because mouse sized kitten I expected is ginormouse about 10-11 weeks so we have called him Tiny, he is black  :rofl:. The other 2 from this morning are now called Ant and Decibel (Dec for short)  :rofl: Ant is black/white, Dec is Ginger/white.
Cherry the mother cat has still not eaten but she is now feeling well enough to feed her kittens, she is about 3years old and a dark tortie, her kittens are all boys 2 black/white and 1 ginger as yet unnamed, as they we born under sink unit I did think of Captain Plugwash, Sergeant Ubend and Private leaky sadly  those names have been binned by someone with more sense  :rofl:
This afternoon in a bid to escape the phone we took Ant, Dec , Tiny, Marmite and Minxy for their first vaccs so another job done.
Just realised its Open Day on Saturday and so far all I have done is fold some tombola tickets and buy some serviettes  :rofl: tomorrow I will try harder.
Helen dont worry I am really taking things at a sensible pace and feeling stronger now than I did at the weekend, I think much of the latest medication is finally kicking in.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1308 on: August 26, 2010, 16:50:48 PM »
In one respect I'm saddened to hear about all the new arrivals 'dumped' on you Teresa but on the other hand those really are the lucky ones as you just know they will have a bright future and the very best care  :hug:

I know this will probably fall on deaf ears but PLEASE try and take it just a little bit easy!

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1307 on: August 26, 2010, 14:11:03 PM »
Does anyone know the best way to kill a telephone? I darent answer mine anymore, finally got a collapsible set up in living room for the 2 kittens who have been described as a health hazard, they were bought from a BSB 2 weeks ago and miraculously their arrival has caused the woman to become pregnant, naturally kittens are a danger to her unborn child, I tried to educate but gave up when I realised what a lucky escape these boys were having from such a vile woman.
Next one on the way is a tiny kitten found dumped down a country lane, yet another collapsible needed.
At least I will empty some Pens over the weekend and be able to do away with collapsibles.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1306 on: August 26, 2010, 13:26:34 PM »
Oh no, i spoke too soon on my last post!   :(    Hope Cherry and her babies will be ok (and the other two on their way!)   :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1305 on: August 26, 2010, 11:43:06 AM »
I think I better run away, I promised not to take any more in and just answered another desperate call, 2 more kittens on their way here and nowhere to put them. I should add that I have also refused 3 cats already today so am using the word no when safe to do so.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1304 on: August 26, 2010, 11:37:12 AM »

Oh poor little soul!  :(  Hope Cherry and her babies will flourish in yuor safe hands, Teresa.   :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #1303 on: August 26, 2010, 11:30:18 AM »
This morning has been chaotic with yet more new arrivals, stray cat had gone into womans house through cat flap and given birth under sink unit  :Crazy: woman brought cat and kittens here this morning and we decided to rush cat to the vet, her temp is high, and she was hunched up, she is disinterested in her kittens, was heaving fleas and earmites, so Cherry as we have called her has had injections of antibiotic and metacam and been treated for all her hangers on; hopefully the injection will kick in and she will take some interest in her babies all boys who are about 5 days old.

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #1302 on: August 26, 2010, 10:27:42 AM »
Fantastic news about Melody and the rehoming ones-FINALLY something to smile about!   ;D  It's been so depressing, all over the country lately-lets hope this is the turning point for all the other wonderful rescues as well!    :hug: :hug:

See you on Saturday T-hope the weather will be as good for you as it was for Cramar last Sunday! It was a scorcher! 

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #1301 on: August 26, 2010, 07:02:03 AM »

Just popping by to say hope you can get some answers soon, teresa.  And to say how "jelluss" I am for all those lovely peeps who will be attending the Paws Inn Open Day, pockets open and at the ready  :evillaugh:

Hugs to you Aunty T.   :hug: :hug:   Paddy sends a "ppprrffppppt"  :)

Link to CatChat