Author Topic: pregnant female (obviously)  (Read 2801 times)

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
Re: pregnant female (obviously)
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2010, 16:38:36 PM »
She had 9 kittens, 2 were stillborn, the other 7 are doing fine.

She said she will be getting her spayed, better late than never I suppose!!

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2010, 12:49:43 PM »
Most bsb's dont give a damn who is getting the kittens, so hardly care about them being spayed  :tired:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 12:12:17 PM »
I really hope she gets her spayed after this!!!

And that Mum doesn't escape and become pregnant again before she is spayed!
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 11:57:44 AM »
Also advise the lady to get some Cimicat and either a feeding bottle or syringes in case she needs to hand feed the kittens.

The poor cat, imagine having kittens at that age  :'( :'( I really do think it should be a legal requirement for all cats over the age of 5 months who are not part of a registered breeding programme to be neutered to stop things like this happening.
I read about a great idea, when a kitten is sold, the new owner has to leave a spay/neuter deposit with the seller, upon proof of s/n the deposit is returned. Think it would have to be a substantial amout to encourage ppl to get them done, may make ppl think twice before getting a kitten on impulse too!!!

I will advise her to be prepared for feeding if need be, I really hope she gets her spayed after this!!!

If not I may see if she will let me take the mum when she has homed the kittens, I will get her done quicker than you can say 'irresponsible owner'!!!

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 11:47:09 AM »
I want to go see them when they are born anyway, could be a bad move!!!

Always a bad move  :evillaugh:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 11:44:15 AM »
Also advise the lady to get some Cimicat and either a feeding bottle or syringes in case she needs to hand feed the kittens.

The poor cat, imagine having kittens at that age  :'( :'( I really do think it should be a legal requirement for all cats over the age of 5 months who are not part of a registered breeding programme to be neutered to stop things like this happening.
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 08:36:29 AM »
I told my sister to explain that to her last night, also that she may reject them, just hope she doesnt have them over the weekend as my sis is on the Isle of Wight and she wont see the owner until monday.
I will print some info out and take it into the salon on monday.
I dont know where the owner lives or i'd go round and have a chat (lecture) with her

-

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 08:17:46 AM »
Um.... I hate to break it to them... male cats have nipples too.

It really sounds like she doesn't have a clue what she are doing. It might be wise to print out some information for her to have to hand that will let her know what is normal and what isn't about cat birthing, especially as the mother seems so young. Small, young cats can often have problems delivering due to their pelvis being too small. This person really needs to know when to call a vet in if there are problems or this young mother and the kittens could die.

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 22:10:52 PM »
Michelle, dont tempt me!!!

I called my sis and asked if she knew how the cat is getting on, apparently she is about to drop anyday now.

They owner has made a bed area for her in a conservatory/utility type room so at least she'll be indoors.

I told her to give the owner my number and if she needs any help to ring, I want to go see them when they are born anyway, could be a bad move!!!

Also found out that apparently they thought she was a he when they got her, named 'him' Simba then discovered nipples... She is longhaired so they couldnt tell...  :shocked:

So... I could have 5 - 8 new cats in a few weeks   :shify:  :naughty:  :Luv2:  :innocent:
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 22:12:56 PM by angel-77 »

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 20:35:32 PM »
 :rofl: Michelle  :sneaky:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 18:27:36 PM »
Pet cat giving birth in shed = feral kittens not top mention extra risks involved.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 18:26:18 PM »
I would deff offer to help...well take the cat on i mean  :evillaugh: ;)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 18:15:45 PM »
I think you certainly need to talk to her and get some sense into her about cat care!

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
pregnant female (obviously)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 17:43:28 PM »
My sister is a hairdresser and one of her collegues took on 'somehow' a stray female not long ago
I was in the salon about 6 weeks ago and the collegue said she thinks the cat may be pregnant, she had been calling then went out and came back looking very satisfied...She asked me if there was a possibility she could have mated, errr, highly likely!!!
Anyway, she is 100% sure of the pregnancy, not sure if the cat has seen the vet, my Mum told me yesterday she is thinking of putting her in the shed to have the kittens   :shocked:
She has no clue what to do when she starts birthing, from experience I know anything could go wrong, my 1st cat I had living on my own got out and got preg before I could get her spayed about 15yrs ago.
From what I have heard the mother is only just out of kittenhood herself, about 8 mths old I believe.
Im really worried that she is so inexperienced what happens if the mother rejects the kittens, if she hasnt paid out to get her spayed will she be willing to pay vets bills for care of the kittens.
Makes me mad that some ppl think its exciting when their cat gets preg by accident and thinks its going to be 'so much fun' having kittens around.
It is bloody hard work and I wouldnt do it again in a hurry!!!
Do you think I should offer to help her out? Im not vastly experienced but I think I know more than she does!!!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 17:46:08 PM by angel-77 »

Link to CatChat