Author Topic: The lies people tell  (Read 1617 times)

Offline madasacatter

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Senior Cat
Re: The lies people tell
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 21:05:29 PM »
It happened to me, a local man, I knew a bit about.  Reckoned this cat had pooped on his bed, and attacked his mother in law.  Wanted to take it  to the RSPCA I told him they were full like us.  Then he threatened to shoot it, and said if he still had his reptiles he could have fed it to them.!  I consulted with Angie and she said I had not choice but to take it in for the cat's sake.  I was shaking by the time he had left, and again when he came around with her.

The next day some friends came round and said that looks like ******* and I described her markings, as she was covered up and in quarantine from the others, and they indeed confirmed it was in fact her.  It was never allowed in the house, and basically it had got in the way of their new dog. :censored:

So I do know how Teresa and Mark feel, and anyone else who has to deal with Jo Public when they are not at their most pleasant!
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 19:28:50 PM »
I suppose it is better in a way that people lie like this rather than tell the truth, as at least it shows they know they are wrong

I've known people who didn't see anything wrong  when chucking out an unwanted pet
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 19:04:53 PM »
They're not the brightest of sparks are they, only very bad liars fail to cover their tracks at all, idiots  :P

At least Maisie will have a new loving home with slaves who love and respect her  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
The lies people tell
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 18:49:03 PM »
Sharon told me this story today - this is a shortened version.

A woman phoned and said she had a long-haired stray in her garden. Her husband has been kindly clipping bits of fur as the cat is so matted. They don't mind looking after it but they are moving soon so it will need rehoming. Sharon asked if it had a name and the woman said her & her husband have been calling it Maisie.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks later when Sharon & Caroline have decided that a long haired stray will not do well outside so they will somehow manage to shoehorn the cat in even though there is a waiting list. It had been arranged for the woman to drop the cat off at her local vet in Herne Bay. Sharon phoned to see if the cat had been dropped off and she hadn't. Leanne, the VN decided to do a bit of detective work. It turns out the woman was a client of theirs and it was their own cat they were getting rid of - we assume, ready for their move  >:(

It is quite funny that she didn't even have the common sense to change her name or the cat's name or take it to a different vet  :Crazy:

Anyway, as it turns out, the vets managed to rehome Maisie on Monday themselves  :)

I suppose all's well that ends well but I cannot believe some people's gall  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 19:17:09 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat