Author Topic: New cats foods - whatever next?  (Read 2437 times)

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
Re: New cats foods - whatever next?
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 02:18:01 AM »
Honestly! makes you wonder who they are producing this food for. When are they going to realise that what cats want is a 'mouse' flavoured cat food  ;) (slow cooked in a cream and herb sauce of course LOL!)  :evillaugh:

I was telling my father about the silliness of putting vegetables in cat food as they're obligate carnivores...his response was 'well it's not the cats who have wallets'....its yet another attempt to jump on the 'british food is teh greatest' bandwagon... He also mentions that he'd be a rich man if he made mouse, sparrow, starling and frog flavoured catfood  :rofl:

As for chinese takeaway, I tend to have to eat with my elbows out at 90 degrees in order to keep Z away from my plate if i've got special fried rice or prawn balls on the go!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 00:36:05 AM »
I'm going to bring out a range of food especially for Oriental cats, with the all new flavours - Hoi Sin Duck, Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rabbit in Black Bean Sauce  :evillaugh:

:rofl: That would probably be a success, I have definitely heard of cats liking Chinese takeaway. You could follow up with a exotic range for Bengals and Persians ...
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 00:39:34 AM by Fire Fox »
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2010, 00:34:32 AM »
I'm going to bring out a range of food especially for Oriental cats, with the all new flavours - Hoi Sin Duck, Sweet and Sour Chicken and Rabbit in Black Bean Sauce  :evillaugh:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2010, 00:15:59 AM »
I read somewhere sales of premium pet foods have dropped in the recession; perhaps this is tapping into the more 'back to basics' approach people have to grocery shopping and cooking for their family? :sneaky:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 22:26:09 PM »
Honestly! makes you wonder who they are producing this food for. When are they going to realise that what cats want is a 'mouse' flavoured cat food  ;) (slow cooked in a cream and herb sauce of course LOL!)  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 20:25:17 PM »

I think they should do Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding for our Yorkshire cats  :rofl: :rofl:

I think that might be the other flavour  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 20:21:12 PM »
My friend bought some chewy bones for a dog and they were sun dried tomato :evillaugh:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 20:12:06 PM »
Love it  :rofl:

I think they should do Roast Beef and Yorkshire pudding for our Yorkshire cats  :rofl: :rofl:

Mind you Bonnie would love Yoghurt flavoured cat food.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 19:57:50 PM »
Whiskas grilled?  :rofl:

Theres felix sensations new but i havnt seen any tins, il have to go a hunting

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
New cats foods - whatever next?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 19:45:40 PM »
Someone mentioned a new tye of Whiskas (I think) on another thread. Today in Wilkinsons, I saw 2 new types of Felix. I forget what the pouches were but they had Multipacks of cans called "Great British Favourites" there were 2 cans each of 3 kinds. "Fish Supper" "Hearty Stew" and something else. I have googled but nothing came up. I would have bought a pack if the stew hadn't been rabbit.  :Crazy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat