Author Topic: Guilt is not an emotion Dave is familiar with  (Read 3369 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: Guilt is not an emotion Dave is familiar with
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2010, 21:29:18 PM »
I think there was one a while ago, search for "funniest", think it was in the Stories section.

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2010, 21:22:17 PM »
Clair_smc - that's Funny!     Cats never fail to make me smile - they are an absolute tonic - in life and in other forms like pics and vids showing their antics.    Is there a thread on here for  'Daftest / stranges positions?"   I could imagine some howlers......  I nomiinate Dave to start one off !!  A dedicated 'daft cat poses' thread!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2010, 21:13:11 PM »
Thanks Claire, it's just a good old Argos number :shy:

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2010, 21:09:44 PM »
Dave is lovely, he has such gorgoeus clearly defined markings  :Luv: I also really like your quilt!

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2010, 20:59:29 PM »
I always think Dave looks like he's doing the Oops Upside Your Head dance on that photo  :evillaugh:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

He is now doing his nightly take a poo and then open Uncle James' door so he can have a good whiff to send him off to sleep :evillaugh:

:rofl:
The feline version of 'knock out gas' then eh! 

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2010, 20:51:10 PM »
I always think Dave looks like he's doing the Oops Upside Your Head dance on that photo  :evillaugh:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

He is now doing his nightly take a poo and then open Uncle James' door so he can have a good whiff to send him off to sleep :evillaugh:

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2010, 20:24:58 PM »

You do realise that I'm now singing that !!

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 20:15:41 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl:   Oh Fank you very much..... huge grin over this mush now!.  

I love his brown paw pads  (had to be careful how I typed that! :naughty:)  :rofl:

That's got to be one of my best / fav pictures I've seen for a long time.     Sooooperb! :rofl: :Luv: :Crazy:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 20:14:53 PM »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 19:50:07 PM »
Just for you MS. Oh and welcome to the Dave fan club, he has a few :evillaugh:

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 19:40:30 PM »
I have to say, those pics of him lying with his legs akimbo -  they are ones that stick clearlly in my mind - it was the balancing act as well as the 'harlot' look that I'll never forget!    :evillaugh: :rofl:

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 19:38:03 PM »
That is the very same Dave MS, we only have one feline Dave round these parts :evillaugh: He is a total poser, doesn't mind having his photo taken at all.

I love lying in with him, I just wish he didn't insist he needs feeding before he will come back and have the lie in :tired: :evillaugh:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 19:32:57 PM »
He's no good at self regulating so can't free feed, that's how he got quite overweight so it had to stop.

They get three meals a day, the last one left as late as I possible, usually right before lights out. I forgot one night and got up at 2am to feed them, he still woke me up at 7am :tired:

:rofl: Definitely got you under the thumb, just like all of us on Purrs I think!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 19:21:37 PM »
I might be gettng mixed up - is this Dave 'lay back and spread my legs' on the radiator blanket bed - !!!   :rofl:    I love the way he's watching you taking the piccies !!!    Ach, ye gotta love 'em eh!

Mols doesn't do this (yet my previos cat Fluffy did and I thought it was really funny - her having a lie in).  Mols wakes me up mostly due her  very noisy'chattering noises' to the birds - soon as she hears me stir, she mieows, cokcs her head between the curtains, I look up and she coming bouncing off thewindowsill , and I have to follow 'her' downstairs.       I think I preferred Fluffy's quieter, more relaxed approach to mornings - like your Dave's ! ;D

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 18:24:29 PM »
 :Luv: Bless him! he's great  :naughty:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 18:07:37 PM »
Dave is soooo comfy  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 18:00:40 PM »
He's no good at self regulating so can't free feed, that's how he got quite overweight so it had to stop.

They get three meals a day, the last one left as late as I possible, usually right before lights out. I forgot one night and got up at 2am to feed them, he still woke me up at 7am :tired:

Automatic feeder is the next step but will have to wait till I have the money to buy one until then the routine will continue!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 17:48:21 PM »
 :Luv2: Dave is so photogenic! I feed Noah his last snack fairly late so the morning wake-up routine doesn't start until 9am (still early for me as I have insomnia and take meds).
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 17:40:02 PM »
 :evillaugh:

Would an automatic feeder work?

I free feed my cats dry food and only give them wet food in the afternoon/evenings so they dont wake me up to early expecting wet food, they can go get it theirselves ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 17:33:32 PM »
Sorry but  :evillaugh: bless him, he's not daft is he  :evillaugh:

Seriously though, Max was like that every morning as well, he'd go round scratching things and knocking things off the bedside table, standing on my book and flicking the pages with his paws, getting inside the wardrobe, generally at 5am  :evillaugh:  I have to say its the only thing I don't miss about him  :shy:

You could always do what I used to do, and wait until he's cosy and go wake him up, see how he likes it  :naughty: :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Guilt is not an emotion Dave is familiar with
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 17:18:02 PM »
Dave wakes me evry morning without fail, a good two hours before I have any intention of getting up to feed him. This morning he started at about 6.30am, I assume just after my brother left for work. He shoves his face in my face, walks back and forth across my head, licks any hands not covered, sits on or in front of my face, knock things off or over on the bedside table and continues to do all of this over and over and over and over, until about an hour later he gives up and goes for a snooze on my pillow next to my head, to be sure he's there the second I show signs of waking. I must have just dropped off when he started his little routine again so I give in and get up and feed him. I go back to bed intending to get another hour or so but he has other plans. One again, I must have just dropped off when he starts his wake me up routine all over again!

I just resign myself to getting up and sit up in bed and grab my laptop. Dave promptly goes straight to sleep on the end of the bed and doesn't move all day :tired:

This was him about an hour after I got out of bed, relishing snuggling down in the unmade bed with not a care in the world that his poor Meowmy is constantly sleep deprived!

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 17:18:33 PM by 925dancer »

Link to CatChat