Author Topic: Molly needs to go on a diet  (Read 2326 times)

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
Re: Molly needs to go on a diet
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 17:53:04 PM »
Well.. if it's any comfort.. The Munchkin is just the same. He's always a bit on the 'stocky' side but he's definitely carrying a bit of a tum at the moment. He always loses weight in the spring and summer when he can spend most of the day in the garden so I don't really worry about a bit of winter 'flow'. Poor lad- he's done little more than sleep the last few weeks apart from looking through the cat flap at the snow and glaring at me accusingly!

Wish I could multi quote on here.   Yep, Ms Mols does that.  It's my fault that it's so cold outside, that the snow remains and she cannot go outside without freezing her tootsies off.  (sigh)

I blame the winter fur, but her tummy is a bit on the larger side, lets say!   The words Molly and waist - well they do not correlate!

Her rolling on the floor -  its shows 'off' her winter pouch  but it's the lack of definition around her face too... she's getting a wee porker.  Jabs due in March and there is NO WAY I am taking a bollocking off the VET.  No way Jose ...........   

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 17:32:42 PM »
Nothing wrong with curvy girls I say, especially the pretty ones!  :Luv2:

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 17:02:02 PM »
Well.. if it's any comfort.. The Munchkin is just the same. He's always a bit on the 'stocky' side but he's definitely carrying a bit of a tum at the moment. He always loses weight in the spring and summer when he can spend most of the day in the garden so I don't really worry about a bit of winter 'flow'. Poor lad- he's done little more than sleep the last few weeks apart from looking through the cat flap at the snow and glaring at me accusingly!

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 16:53:45 PM »
I dont think she needs a diet its all the winter fluff distorting her shape.......thats what Im saying about Amber anyway  ;)
love
Tab

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 16:48:54 PM »
I was looking at those pics and thinking well she doesnt look fat to me.....until I got to the last one where she is rolling on the floor!...... ;) but, I think thats just the way she is laying, makes her look 'chubbier' than she really is?!!!  ;)

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 14:09:16 PM »
I have shown Tiffany Molly's pic, and she has expressed concern that Molly might be a touch anorexic

perhaps ginger girls are naturally big boned ;)

PMSL!    :rofl:    and LOL at Tiffany!   :hug:

Ms Mils doesn't even have the excuse of being 'an older' cat - she's not quite 3 yet!    :hungey:

Big boned - I use that myself, and what's good enough for me, is good enough for our Mols!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 14:00:45 PM »
I have shown Tiffany Molly's pic, and she has expressed concern that Molly might be a touch anorexic

perhaps ginger girls are naturally big boned ;)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 14:01:11 PM by trigger »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 13:49:36 PM »
The best is:  she doesn't actually eat that much.   A small bowl of biscuits then one (possibly 2 at a stretch) of those little tiny Gourmet Gold Pate tins.

I never ever feed her titbits like wee bits of Galloway cheese that she adores, broken up into handy bite sized pieces, little bits off my bacon sannies, or treats such as cold ham nibbles.  No sireeee...... :scared: :shify: :evillaugh: :-[ :rofl:

The slim pic is when I first got her

The 2nd pic is the lifestyle to which she has become accustomed.   :popcorn: :rofl: :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 13:11:42 PM »
Oh dear, poor girl.  I'm sure she'll lose the weight if you're careful and I have seen much fatter cats but it's better to nip it in the bud otherwise it can cause health issues.  When Penny and Squeaky got older they put extra weight on so we had to watch their weight too it can easily creep on  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
Molly needs to go on a diet
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 13:08:46 PM »
I was in snap happy mood last night and today.   Now .... I KNOW  Ms Mols isn't going out, lack of exercise and too many treats, but her New Year Resolution is to get fit, exercise more and LOSE WEIGHT. :hairrasin:

I'm more than a wee bit embarrasssed at seeing how fat she is  :-[ :-[ :-[   She's only gone like this in the last month.     She's hardly been over the door since about 17th December (not through the lack of me trying - she hates the cold and snow).  :shify: :innocent: *Any old excuse eh!*

Bad mother.

anyone elses furry ones suffering the same problem?  (*Hint..... SOMEONE, anyone... say yes!)   ;D
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 13:09:54 PM by Mollys Slave »

Link to CatChat