Author Topic: My beloved Dusty  (Read 18921 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: My beloved Dusty
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2009, 15:10:10 PM »
I think there's a little cat out there somewhere waiting to be found, and which Dusty will be guiding his mum towards in the new year :hug:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2009, 14:24:16 PM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug: I think Christmas is going to be hard for quite a few of us this year  :'(  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2009, 14:05:27 PM »

My heart still hurts me. I love you little man dust. You live on in my heart and soul

Love mommy

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009, 21:57:29 PM »
Well it is coming towards to xmas and Dusty always played in the boxes and the paper. I am trying to look at it as a happy memory, I hope that happens.
He used to love it.  I still see his little face in my head.

I love you Dust forever

Mommy

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2009, 01:31:34 AM »
Triger:

I agree with what you said. I an going after holiday to adopt another baby, and give it a grat home. I hope to love this animal one day as much as Dusty. Animals deserve a happy home.

And yes it would be a wonderful bonus, if I get close to this new baby as I was Dusty

Once again thank you

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 23:28:00 PM »
momma, as others have said, we all know the pain, and will know it again before we are done ourselves

this dilemma over if and when to take another cat under our wing is natural, and usual, and yet so hard

but there is no law which says you have to love another cat as you loved Dusty - if you can give a good and caring home to a cat which really needs one that is enough - if you come to love him or her in time then that is a bonus for both of you

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 21:18:05 PM »
Hi Clare:

Thank you for writting me. I am so sorry about Max. You were a wonderful mommy taking care of him.
Dusty was sick and I knew it, but just kept like you said taking care of him. Sometimes I question my decision of him not being here anymore. I do hope he forgives me. He coludnt drink anymmore, he tried but the tumor just took over his mouth. I hope I can get to really smile again.

It is so lonely cominghome to an empty house. Even if he was sleeping I would always go to him and jsut sit with him.
In my heart I feel he would love me to take care of another little furry baby, and I will. But the pain in my heart sometines is really unbearble. But I think after the holidays I will adopt again because I think would Dusty of wanted to be in a cage. I know he would hate that.

You are a saint for adopting sick animals.   I wish Poot all the health life can bring and your other little baby.

Once again thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words.

I wish you all the best.

Joyce

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 16:35:25 PM »
Hi Joyce

I'm so sorry to hear that you lost Dusty  :hug: :hug:

Having to make that final decision for our babies is the hardest thing we have to do, but he would have been so grateful to you, and will always be looking down from Rainbow Bridge over you  :hug:

The pain does start to subside, this I can promise, but I don't think it will ever go away  :( I lost my boy at the end of July, he'd been with me for 9 years, and the feeling of loss was just terrible, I still miss Max every second of every day, but now at least I can smile about all the good times we shared, rather than cry all the time about having lost him  :shy:

I think its even harder when you've been looking after a cat with an illness or special needs, as that bond becomes even closer, quoting Pav from an email she sent me when I lost Max, their needs become more important than yours, and it becomes all consuming, then suddenly, nothing  :(  Its hard to deal with.

One thing I will promise you is that Dusty will never truly leave you, he'll always live on in your heart and soul, and he might even send you signs that he's still around, I know my Maxy has and I know without any doubt that its him  :Luv2:

And when it comes to adopting another furbabe, when the time is right for you, go for it  :)  You'll never replace Dusty, and nor would you want to, but the greatest tribute to a cat we've loved is to love another, and I'm sure Dusty would want your love and care to be extended to another furry  :hug:  We adopted our Poot only a few weeks after Maxy left, the house felt so empty, and we learned of another FIV cat needing our help, so think it was fate  :Luv2:

Be good to yourself

Clare
xx
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 16:37:00 PM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 12:01:35 PM »
Rockysmum

Thank you for writting to me about my boy. Everyone that has written me has help calm me a bit, because I know we all feel the same pain and we all undestand each other.

He meant so much to me.

Once again thank you

Offline Nicola (RockysMum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Chester & Beau and my beautiful bridge babies Rocky, Jake & Bailey. RIP my boys
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 11:49:13 AM »
Oh Momma I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is and my thoughts are with you. I'm glad you're getting comfort from the lovely people on here. Like so many of us, i found purrs when I was plodding through the days with my heart breaking after losing my boy. It helped me a lot and it will help you too. Its clear how much you loved Dusty and you will be missing him terribly, all you can do is take comfort in the fact that you gave him such a wonderful life filled with love and that even at the end, you were thinking of what was best for him. :hug:

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 19:28:02 PM »
CC: Thank you so much. I am sure you feel the same pain as myself. Itmeans so much when people like you reply to me.  I am sure you were truly loved as well. I have a picture of Dust and his stuffed animal on my night table and still have his bed. 
and
I will be thinking of you and saying prayes for the both of us. The pain is  unbearable. I wish you peace.

Thank you for your kind words

Joyce

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 18:05:27 PM »
Oh Joyce I feel your pain  :hug:

Goodnight God bless Dusty, you were much loved xxx
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 12:17:53 PM »
Well today is 2 weeks!! What a long 2 weeks. I just miss him. He meant so much to me.  I hate being in this house with out him. It is not the same. I only moved in this house a month ago. So I am really out of my element and now the one little thing I always had to go to is not here. I was going to go to a no kill shelter here, but maybe this weekend. I hate that other animals live in cages. But I really just want Dust back.

Dusty I love you and miss you. Find Momma and Bubba. I will get all 3 of you one day.

Love Mommy

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2009, 18:47:42 PM »
Yvonne: Thank you for the beautiful poem. It means alot to read it

Joyce (Momma)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 18:34:20 PM »
So very sorry to hear about Dust    :RIP:

A soft full tail, exquisite eyes,
soft purring at the door,
playful swatting, frequent naps,
toys strewn across the floor.

With gentle rubs and playful purring
you made your presence known
and, knowing you were always there,
we never felt alone.

You loved it when we scratched your ears,
we swear it made you smile.
We could never stay angry with you,
we couldn’t if we tried.

The soft sweet purring now has ceased,
no gentle rubs to greet us,
just memories of a special friend
and good times are all we see.

Although we miss you dearly,
we’ll try not to feel so blue,
because we know that there’s a bridge
for special cats like you.

:RIP: :candle:    :RIP: :candle:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 18:31:15 PM »
Truly if was up to  me he would be here. But how do I let him suffer.
Joyce, You did the right thing and put his needs adhead of your emotional response. Our hearts may want one thing, but you understood the greater need. :)

But part of my heart does not want to betray him. He is not replaceable. I guess time will let me know.
You just need to do 2 things:
1. Know and understand in your heart that you are not going to "replace" Dust if you adopt a new cat in need of a home. You will be adding a new room to your heart for the new cat, while maintaining the room you have for Dust. No replacement, an addition, and I am sure Dust would more than understand and want you to be able to share your life, heart and soul again while giving a home to another  who is needing one. :)

2. Never rush yourself. WHen the time is right you will do it them. Perhaps you will see a cat in a shelter and just decide to walk in and adopt then, or perhaps you will decide at home, but you will know when you are ready. DO not let anyone push you into it before then.

Sincerely,

David

"Cats Nap. Only Humans Put Them To Sleep." : Sterilize, Don't Euthanize!

Monthly contest with prize for winner cat: www.CoolCatPix.com

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2009, 17:59:16 PM »
David:

Thank you for your kind words. Beautifly said. I have so so days and then real bad ones. I looked at my vet and read it in her face. Truly if was up to  me he would be here. But how do I let him suffer.

As of now I feel horrible that there are animals out there in a cage and I am sitting morning when I saved Dusty and thats the right thing to do. Get these animals out of cages and give them good homes.  But part of my heart does not want to betray him. He is not replaceable. I guess time will let me know.

Once again thank you every word helps me
PS I always called him Dust !!
Momma
Joyce

Offline CoolCyberCats

• Adult Cat
    • CoolCyberCats
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2009, 17:43:52 PM »
Momma, I am truly sorry about Dusty. :(
If the cancer was bad enough that the vet thought it inhumane to let him go one longer, then you made the right decision. And it was a hard and painful one, I know it well.

It will be quote painful for some time, but then one day you will find that when you see him in your mind it is not just then last image f him and the pain will be a bit less. It will lessen a little each day, but this is a very slow process. More important is don not expect it to every fully go away. You will always feel something in your heart and soul when you think about him. You will find that the hole never fully goes away, but at the same time your heart is always large enough to share love with more when/if you are ready. The new animal you get will never be a replacement for Dusty, ever, but will find a space beside Dust’s in your heart.

Know that the pain shows you loved Dusty too. The more it hurts now, the more you loved him. And I bet Dusty knows you did and is watching over you right now. :)

I’ll be thinking about Dusty today and you as well in hopes you feel a little better and can rest.

Sincerely,

David

"Cats Nap. Only Humans Put Them To Sleep." : Sterilize, Don't Euthanize!

Monthly contest with prize for winner cat: www.CoolCatPix.com

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2009, 14:29:58 PM »
Thank you Bazsmum :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 13:43:46 PM »
RIP Sweet Dusty, play hard on Rainbow Bridge xxx

Momma.....  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 12:21:12 PM »
Thank you CarolM. I hope the same as well.  The support helps

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 12:16:53 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss  :hug:.  Dusty sounds like a wonderful cat and you will never forget him but one day you will realise that you are able to smile because he lived rather than cry because he died.  I hope that day is soon but in the meantime you have to grieve.  I doubt there is anyone on this site who doesn't understand what you are going through right now  :care:
When the time is right for you to help another animal you will know, and hopefully that lucky animal will help you too.

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 11:57:19 AM »
Dusty's  Story

Found him at 3 weeks. A man walkes him in a laundry room and left him there. We watched this heartless man walk out with no black kitten. We walked down there and there was a little black kitten.

We took him brought him to the vet and he was ours. When he turned 6mos, he got very sick the vet couldn't get him better.  Thye put him on human meds and I put him on a heating pad every night to keep him warm. After a week he came back to us. There was my littleman. DUSTY!

He loved when you changed sheets on the bed he would jump on the bed and roll under them and just kick around.
He had beautiful yellow eyes.  Dusty I love you. Play with Bubba abd Momma. But mommy is here, forever.

Love you

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 05:55:47 AM »
 RIP beautiful Dusty. :(
I am so sorry  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 00:53:12 AM »
So very sorry to hear about Dusty  :hug: :hug:

RIP Dusty, you have left a pawprint in your humans heart forever

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2009, 21:14:51 PM »
 :Luv2: awww bless  :hug: :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2009, 20:57:27 PM »
Dusty had a little stuffed animal he carried aroung named Tiger. I have Tiger and a pic of Dusty on my end table.. Ilove you little man   

You got me through such rough times Mommy will always be here talking to you

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2009, 20:50:50 PM »
Thank you for replying. It means so much to me

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2009, 20:32:06 PM »
 :'( aww, I'm so sorry for your loss but you've done the kindest thing for your little one, it is very painful at first but it does get easier, so glad you've posted you'll get lots of support here   :hug: :hug:

RIP sweet little Dusty xxxx

:candle:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline momma

• Adult Cat
My beloved Dusty
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2009, 20:23:03 PM »
Well here I m again. I have not been on here on 2years. But my heart was broken once again!!!

My wonderful black cat Dusty is now in heaven. But my heart is broken so much I can not stop crying. He was 14 and beautiful. He had a tumor in his mouth, I kept him going as long as possible but the vet said it would be inhumaine to let him go on. But I miss him to no end.  I found him at 3 weeks old and just want him back.

It has been 10 days when will the pain end???? I want to save another animal but how do I with my heart so broken

Link to CatChat