Author Topic: Zooplus now shipping from the UK?  (Read 5497 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Zooplus now shipping from the UK?
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:17:13 AM »
Yes, my last order came (very speedily) from Bedford: I posted up about this at the time but can't remember on which thread.

I ordered yesterday and got an email that the goods were despatched last night, so it seems that the service is even faster than before.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 10:41:13 AM »
Also noticed that there was no option to select or de-select DHL delivery this time, the only option it gave was GLS (parcelforce)  :shify:

That's a bit of a bummer.   I chose DLS last time now that parcelforce have stopped leaving stuff outside my door and always seem to re-deliver bang in the middle of the day (which means taking a whole day off work rather than half a day).  I was pleasantly surprised to get home one day to a box outside my door so was hoping to stick with DHL.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 22:09:58 PM »
Just had a look around the site and yep, think the UK office must be new and they're also recruiting for it... our next goal is make zooplus the leading online pet retail company in the United Kingdom.

It defo only gave the GLS option at checkout, I even went back to read the shipping info and saw the same as you've posted.  I normally prefer DHL as they repackage the boxes better when they fall apart but if stuff is coming from the UK less chance for the boxes to disintegrate - plus they have the plastic strip thingies again now  ;D

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 22:00:03 PM »
Just had a quick look at their site and they have a UK office, don't know if that's new too and they also now have a warehouse here? If they do I would hope it will significantly improve their service.

Saw this in the shipping cost page

For shipment to the UK, your preferred delivery method, GLS (and its regional delivery partners eg Parcelforce) or DHL, can normally be specified when completing our online checkout process. Please note, however, that a small number of particularly large items can only be shipped with DHL.[quote/]
« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 22:02:56 PM by 925dancer »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Zooplus now shipping from the UK?
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 21:17:06 PM »
I received my order today and it only had one label on it, all in English, which says From: zooplus, Kimbolton Rd 48, Bedford, MK40 2NX GB.  There were no other stickers or labels so can only presume they're shipping stuff from the UK now? The stuff I ordered (Bozita) was still the 'foreign' version though, I know there's definitely a UK version too  :shify:

It actually arrived in one piece as they've started using those plastic binding strips again  :wooooo:

Also noticed that there was no option to select or de-select DHL delivery this time, the only option it gave was GLS (parcelforce)  :shify:

Link to CatChat