Author Topic: Pet meds and cashback - winner!  (Read 2257 times)

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
Re: Pet meds and cashback - winner!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 08:42:03 AM »
Just a quick note Davey was flead with frontline on 27th August, Chilli didnt get done as she was missing
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2009, 19:35:35 PM »
Fleas can still live in the edges round hard floors so you still need to treat those areas, the plus is indorex isnt too gassy  ;D

I would have done anyway, I'm a bit obsessive about flea treatment, this is only the second time I've ever had to deal with them and first time round I don't think I'd ever cleaned my flat so thoroughly! Same will go this time round!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 19:28:31 PM »
I will have to look into ordering from the place I ordered from earlier this year that send me bags instead of Kilos  :shify:

I ordered a few different dry foods

eg I ordered and paid for 2kg of Hill's K/D and they sent 2 x 2kg bag, and so on for all of the order  :evillaugh:
I doubt that packer is still working there  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 19:29:47 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 19:26:19 PM »
Fleas can still live in the edges round hard floors so you still need to treat those areas, the plus is indorex isnt too gassy  ;D

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 19:24:09 PM »
Ah, there we go then. Like I said, I have no prescription drugs so couldn't do a comparison, the JWB was similar to PAH as well so I was going on that too.

I agree about 5% going into rescue coffers.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 19:21:12 PM »
I had a look and they were quite expensive compared to VetUK. I pay about £12 for Ipakitin and they charge over £17 - they don't sell Renalzin at all and the renal food is also a fair bit more expensive (more than 5%  :evillaugh: ) also, when I order from VetUK, I know 5% is going in our branch coffers.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Pet meds and cashback - winner!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 19:02:58 PM »
Following on about Mark asking about cashback sites and his frequent unhappiness with VetUK I thought I would draw your attention to a site I have just ordered from today.

After much humming and ha-ing I have finally confirmed that Chilli and Dave have fleas. Took me a while because I am not being bitten as I usually would, Dave wouldn't let me ferret around in his white bits, Chilli is black so good luck with that and neither of them have been scratching a terribly large amount. Being unemployed and still not in receipt of my benefits ( >:() I could also ill afford flea treatments for a false alarm.

Anyway, now I have finally confirmed their flea bag status I needed to order some Frontline and Indorex. Now I would usually just use VetUK but have just signed up with Quidco and thought i would see who they have. I went with www.bestpet.co.uk. Their prices for what I ordered were similar to VetUK bubt I will get 5% cashback ;D

I don't have any prescriptions but there was a banner on the main screen saying they will pay repeat prescription charges up to £5 if you order through them and try to dispatch same day for prescriptions ;D Sounds pretty good to me!

Fun weekend ahead for me, thank heavens I don't have a great deal of soft furnishings, wooden floors and blinds, faux leather seating, so two bits of carpet, two rugs and the beds, not too painful to treat :tired:

Link to CatChat