Author Topic: Pet Planet Rubbish Customer Service!!  (Read 2654 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Pet Planet Rubbish Customer Service!!
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 10:00:52 AM »
It's only fair that I update this thread - another snotty e-mail this morning, including a third refusal to supply the same and address of a senior member of staff. I was just debating contact Trading Standards about the false advertising on the website (it's the principle!) when ... the phone rang and it was Denise from Pet Planet apologising profusely - my guess is they have seen my post either here or on MoneySavingEexpert. Denise readily agreed to take back the dry food AND supply a replacement bin which is more than I initially expected. Will update in a few days once I check my refund has cleared!  :sneaky:

The poor grammar was commented on on MSE too ...

:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Mojo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 09:35:40 AM »

Thank you for your email.

The bin was not actually on your order and was sent by a member of staff as a goodwill gesture as it was not actually part of your order as per the email sent as confirmation of your order so it therefor is not part of the contract as the contract is for the items within your order as per the despatch note below and at this point this is the contract as as you can see the bin is not included on this:

This is the reason that I am unable to send a free gift - no claim can be made on a promotional item however should you wish us to uplift the food the uplift cost would be deducted from your refund I have a tin ready under my desk for you with your name on it and you do not need to place a food order it can be for anything as I have ear marked this for you so no one else can get and I am afraid I cannot be fairer than that.

Please let me know what action you wish me to take - I am sorry that its not something you are happy with but I feel this is a very fair comprimise on something that is free and was not actually part of your order.

Kind regards

Fiona Kirkwood
Customer Service Supervisor"

She really needs to improve on her grammar- how long is that first sentance!?!!?

Add Glitter to Pictures

R.I.P My beautiful Mango xx 13/05/2006 - 01/11/2009

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2009, 19:41:23 PM »
I ordered from them a few times about 5 years ago. I can't even remember what happened now but there was a reason I stopped.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
!
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 19:40:47 PM »
You mean to say their customer service department actually exists? :shocked:

Such is life...

feel free to harrass fiona@petplanet.co.uk  :rofl:

I am not going to let this lie, it's the principal now as they are trying to wriggle out of supplying items that I ordered and paid for!! Might leave negative feedback on their website, betcha they remove it ...  ;)
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 19:26:46 PM »
You mean to say their customer service department actually exists? :shocked:

I am still waiting for some litter liners, scoop and toys that I ordered at the end of May.
I have sent numerous emails and ALL have been ignored.

I've now given up and got the items elsewhere.
(They haven't actually debited my credit card, and if they try now they won't be able to because I've been issued with a new card/account - courtesy of a criminal in Surrey who nicked my details to purchase driving lessons from the AA).

Such is life...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 19:08:20 PM »
 :hug: :hug:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
Pet Planet Rubbish Customer Service!!
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 18:32:29 PM »
I am seriously mad and need to vent/ warn you all about this company.  >:(

I placed orders totalling £85 with Pet Planet last week, including a 5kg bag of JWB dry food specifically as they offered a free storage bin - they had an offer on smaller bags so would have bought that as I have no way of storing two months of food without it going stale. The storage bin definitely appeared in my basket, I paid and the order arrived on schedule ... without the storage bin.

I contacted Pet Planet who straight away said they had now sent a bin out, no quibble and the bin arrived the following day. So far very impressive! Except the box was damaged, which I made the courier write on his signing sheet, and storage bin turned out to be damaged in two places. So I contacted Pet Planet again, saying I knew it was the courier's fault but am obviously disappointed. It takes three days to reply and then they basically say I can have a storage bin when I place another order. I replied that am not willing to accept that as I don't need anything, that the storage tin formed part of the contract and I still have 5kg of dry food that I can't store. Then I get this:

Thank you for your email.

The bin was not actually on your order and was sent by a member of staff as a goodwill gesture as it was not actually part of your order as per the email sent as confirmation of your order so it therefor is not part of the contract as the contract is for the items within your order as per the despatch note below and at this point this is the contract as as you can see the bin is not included on this:

This is the reason that I am unable to send a free gift - no claim can be made on a promotional item however should you wish us to uplift the food the uplift cost would be deducted from your refund I have a tin ready under my desk for you with your name on it and you do not need to place a food order it can be for anything as I have ear marked this for you so no one else can get and I am afraid I cannot be fairer than that.

Please let me know what action you wish me to take - I am sorry that its not something you are happy with but I feel this is a very fair comprimise on something that is free and was not actually part of your order.

Kind regards

Fiona Kirkwood
Customer Service Supervisor"

Why exactly am I, the customer, supposed to compromise when their computer system lost the storage bin between me paying and the confirmation?? Why am I supposed to compromise when the item I had ordered arrived damaged?? They are still advertising this item on the website and it still appears in your basket - it's not free I had to pay £23 to get it!!

And breathe .....  :-[
Lulu's Catbook

Link to CatChat