Author Topic: The fire is lit...  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: The fire is lit...
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 17:15:41 PM »
Last night was the first night for ages when didnt have the heat on all night!

Had to put it on briefly today to take chill off house.

Its fairly pleasant outside and si=un is in and out LOL

However am gonna need to put heating back on again soon cos the sun isnt getting into the house to warm it at all.

iT didnt rain last night and hasnt today either, so that at least is good.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2009, 16:24:34 PM »
This is becoming a bit of a habit now isn't it  :innocent: For all we know this could have been a figment of your imagination  :evillaugh: Teasing us with the mental image of a very snuggly Dougie lounging by a roaring fire...

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2009, 11:27:33 AM »
Warm and muggy here today. I am trying to convince OH (not having much luck  :( ) to take a drive down to Folkestone or somewhere in case it is the last warm weekend of the year.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline harlequin

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 10:12:56 AM »
I feel for you, Lady Jane. At work, they've just knocked down all the walls on our floor so that they can turn three indivual offices into one giant office for thirty people. Not only is it darn noisy, it's cold and draughty too! I had to pop the heating on when I got home last night - I needed to thaw out!

Offline LadyJane

• Hero Cat
  • Samson xx
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 09:32:02 AM »
We had our heating on for a couple of hours last night.  I was cold all day at work, I refused to be cold at home too.  Turned it off about 11pm.  We had it on the night before too..... not good!!

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,26287.0.html

Playing on the bridge - Sooty, Misty, Tim, Tom, Ebony and Pepsi - I miss you all and think of you often

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 08:50:42 AM »
Lol,  I am just working up to the odd night when turning on the heater is something I do for a short burst to warm things up then off again once i am settled in. The fire gets lit every day though as it provides me with constant hot water for cuppas and cooks my lunch while I work. Then it too is allowed to die down after lunch, but that doesn't stop Esther and Smidgen from loitering in front of it until it is time for retreating to the caravan. They have discovered the advantages of a a woodheater in a major way (especially now Smidgen has realised it will not jump out of the fireplace and spontaneously bite his toes)

Offline Catz

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 08:18:45 AM »
Had to put the heating on last night. It was cold.Oscar usually likes to sleep on a cushion beside me on the big sofa but last night with the radiators on he was laid on the back of the small sofa which is right infront of the radiator.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 00:56:52 AM »
We have probably one of the warmest nights this year and no wind giving a chill factor.

Sasa has been out since about 1930 and not come in yet, Misa is flying in and out of the cat flap every few moments and is not even coming in feeling cold and damp, which is very rare here.

It was supposed to rain tonight but dont think its going to

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
The fire is lit...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 21:30:59 PM »
Cold enough here tonight to justify lighting a fire. Dougie wasn't entirely certain about it to start with - sat several feet away looking at it suspiciously...but has now decided it's quite nice, thanks very much, and is sprawled out on the hearth.  It never ceases to amaze me just how hot cats can get without scorching, I can hardly touch him :Crazy:

Link to CatChat