Author Topic: multi storey scratch pole - opinions pls  (Read 2932 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: multi storey scratch pole - opinions pls
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 16:23:44 PM »
Looks even better when its full of kittens!  :Luv2:

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 16:18:19 PM »
similar to mine - I'm sure if someone is reasonably handy they can be made fairly easily.....

Wow!  Fantastic!!!  I have seen Kalven and they are also amazing.  Expensive though!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 16:24:35 PM by nutzy »
Pam

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »
similar to mine - I'm sure if someone is reasonably handy they can be made fairly easily.....

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 09:27:43 AM »
I buy the posts, mine grumbles and then builds them! :evillaugh:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 08:23:25 AM »
Think I've just married his twin  ;)

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2009, 22:29:58 PM »
Wow!  Zooplus have an amazing range.  Hubby, true to form, says they are ugly and he doesn't like them.  He says he will make one himself.  Fortunately, he can and probably will make one to beat the socks off Zooplus, but it may take several YEARS before he gets down to it!!!!!! >:(  He can be very irritating and will never just agree to something, whether it costs pennies or pounds.  He will always have some argument.  As much as I love him, he drives me NUTZ!!!!! 
Pam

Offline Purrlishious

• Distinguished Cat
  • Poppy Ruby Dolly
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2009, 20:12:55 PM »
Bungly & Gillian I too have 3 trees made by Russel & they are so robust & well made.

I have replaced a bed though which Russel sent so not as expensive as the whole thing.

No chance of falling over.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2009, 20:09:40 PM »
We have a variety of the from Zooplus, pets at home and even Lidl, we also have the Anacol fatboy and various others in the house and all are well abused sorry used by our mob - thats 42 cats and the 2 kittens - I got a new smaller one for them and currently the seven year old mob are using it

have to say Zooplus ones are very good and I just get new sisal, glue gun and spend several hours every couple of years rewinding with several feline helpers! :)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2009, 18:32:53 PM »
 I have a Tall Kalven one i got about 7-8 years ago still going strong also 4 Russell Hardy ones i have had about 3-4 years .

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2009, 17:59:12 PM »
4 years may just win the case for us, 2 maybe not so much!  Anybody have one last say 7 years or more.....?  :sneaky: ;D

Yep, 12 years and counting LOL! Mine are from Kalven, one of the best makers of cat trees around, definitely value for money, expensive outlay  initially, but mine use them for jumping on, swinging on and sleeping on! (thats 11 cats currently and many more over the years) http://www.kalven.co.uk/pagoda.htm This is one of the ones I've got http://www.kalven.co.uk/model27B.htm - thats the one they spend most time on. Then I've got these two in other rooms http://www.kalven.co.uk/model26.htm and http://www.kalven.co.uk/model25.htm   (not in those colours I hasten to add LOL! - more neutral colours and pale blue.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 16:43:52 PM »
Have you checked out the Zooplus site - theirs are excellent value for money and mine are all standing up to being assaulted by 4 Bengals and 2 Moggies  :rofl:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 16:34:33 PM »
Their life depends on useage and my big one from zooplus lasted a couple of years with 4 having ago at scratching in the same place before they wore through the sissal so if its well used and they do tend to like a particular place, I reckon 2-3 years will be as much as you get before the sissal wears but it can be replaced.

I have moved the pieces around on mine so the sissal broken one is nowioff the ground and an untouched one is in its place  ;D

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 16:26:29 PM »
My one is from PAH. Not sure if it's the same as the one you looked at- but mine was the same price. I've had it for about a year and it still looks as good as new. I'm very pleased with it  ;D

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 16:12:44 PM »
like bazsmum says they really do save the furniture, my lot love it, I have leather chairs next to it that are untouched by cat claw (well more or less!!)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 16:11:10 PM »
4 years may just win the case for us, 2 maybe not so much!  Anybody have one last say 7 years or more.....?  :sneaky: ;D

mine will- but I paid over £700.
and thats will a multitude of cats and kittens..

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 16:00:39 PM »

Probably if it is still in the box!  :evillaugh:

You should get enough time out of your new one....Just think of all that furniture saved in the mean time!  :sneaky: ;)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 15:59:46 PM »
thats 4 years with 4 cats btw

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 15:59:16 PM »
Pam

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 15:52:12 PM »
With one cat if its decent then it should last you years...In the meantime I would slowly build a fund for another so as not to feel the pinch the next time....

Mine usually last a couple of years or so.....but then I have lots of nutty cats here who do love to abuse the trees!  ;)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 15:52:54 PM by Bazsmum »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 15:50:24 PM »
I've had mine about 4 years and the sisal is just starting to come away on one of the poles the rest are ok

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
multi storey scratch pole - opinions pls
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 15:49:29 PM »
I don't have a lot of room in my flat as my lounge is both office and sitting room as well as kitchen, and there is no spare space, however, Rajah's wee pole is getting too small (or Rajah is getting too big) and keeps falling over.  Also, to alleviate the boredom of living indoors I would like to get him something interesting to play on and a multi storey scratch pole was suggested.  I went on Pets at Home website and found a quite decent looking one for £35, but now the question is, how often would you have to replace this?  Does the sisal eventually peel off, or is this going to last a good many years?  For hubby, £35 is a whack of cash to spend on a pet and although he doesn't know he's buying it yet :sneaky: , I need to be able to reassure him that it will be with us for as long as the cat is.   
Pam

Link to CatChat