Author Topic: Jet - again  (Read 1514 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Jet - again
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 21:29:45 PM »
Sounds like someone is giving him nasty old go-cat or something.

I would put a paper collar on saying "Please don't feed me as I am on a special diet and normal cat food can make me very ill"
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 20:27:14 PM »
Im glad you have sorted the tray problem out! Shes more likely going in someones flap and mugging the resident and theres not much you can do about that!

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 20:26:38 PM »
I dont have any idea who it could be to be honest........as I say we always thought that Jet was so timid.  Perhaps I'll put them both on a lead lol.  Just confirms that whilst we're away the cats will both just go out when my sister pops up on the middle weekend.  The neighbour popping in to feed them etc will just feed them and scoop the litter trays
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 20:22:38 PM »
It's a difficult one other than keeping them in your garden.  I know I leave food out for the ferals and no other cats eat apart from Tiggy next door but Christine knows and doesn't mind she feeds ferals too.  There were a couple of neighbour's cat in the past who couldn't eat for various reasons and I used to keep watch for them.  If you knew who it was I suppose you could ask them not to feed your cats. 
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
Jet - again
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 20:09:30 PM »
Ok so Jet and Cruz are now both using the new open top tray with anti bacterial litter and (touch wood) no more pooing on the floor.

However, Jet has just come back over the fence and thrown up in the garden......whilst clearing it up I looked a little closer (as you do, I normally check for grass or even anything like a bit of blood).  However, what was in the was green biscuits, looking closer it was all dry round biscuits - both green and brown.........but I don't feed them that.

We've always thought that Jet was a timid cat but it appears someone is either tempting her with food or she's going into someone elses house.  How can I stop this - neither Jet or Cruz wear a collar but both are chipped.  So many people in our close have cats - and whilst Jet is petite she's certainly well feed
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Link to CatChat