Author Topic: Wet food  (Read 2957 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Wet food
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 09:27:42 AM »
I've just ordered some tins from zooplus, I've ordered a selection and will let you know how I get on

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Chiana and Salem
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 19:59:29 PM »
well as i say i cant afford pouches or small  tins or the foil trays
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 03:07:51 AM »
Mine are a total nightmare with food, they get bored quickly but would evil eye me if I even dared walk in at meal times with a tin!  :shify: 

They are crafty little puds and they unite to disprove if its not to their liking..... :sneaky:

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 22:00:49 PM »
their on a mainly dry diet and theres 4 of them and as i say the foil trays are just to expensive if they werent id get them sainsburys trays cause they love em
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 22:06:25 PM by Kally »
The world is a dark place because of negativity so lets brighten it up with some possitivity

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 19:51:01 PM »
you have to read the small print though

a 156gm tin of Applaws is a day's food for an average cat (according to the tin anyway) so although it costs over £1 it is cheaper than a day's supply of a lot of pouches, usually 4, and much better quality
I wouldn't want to feed more than one meal a day of complementary though  :scared:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 19:34:15 PM »
With 7 cats I couldnt get away with buying just one brand, they do all love Gormet tho, the tins also  :)

Gooey gets very angry if he gets the same too often, the look of pure evil on his face when he checks in his dish and its the wrong food  :scared: :scared:
Thats when he bites my leg or if im wearing thick jeans he grabs and shakes them  :evillaugh:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 19:04:06 PM »
I dont buy the foil trays, never seen them actually  :shify: I started buying the just nature when Saffron was here and find Tia likes it also so I buy it for her.

With 7 cats I couldnt get away with buying just one brand, they do all love Gormet tho, the tins also  :)

We go through 14 boxes of pouches, a few cans and a 3kg bag of biscuits a fortnight  :Crazy:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 18:55:06 PM »
Tescos does pouches called just nature, there under £4 for 12 pouches and I find that goes down well here, maybe worth a try  :)

Price has just gone up on these they were cheaper than felix but not anymore, so expect the foil trays to follow, i knew 22p was too good to be true longterm :sigh:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 18:51:01 PM »
you have to read the small print though

a 156gm tin of Applaws is a day's food for an average cat (according to the tin anyway) so although it costs over £1 it is cheaper than a day's supply of a lot of pouches, usually 4, and much better quality
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 18:47:10 PM »
Do they have dried food also? I dont believe 1 can of food a day is enough for 2 cats, it is 2 cats right?

I buy pouches and a tray of tins, sometimes whiskers or felix-never kittykat that just gets wasted, all the pouches are used straight away,  even my snooty strays wont eat the cans  :evillaugh:

Tescos does pouches called just nature, there under £4 for 12 pouches and I find that goes down well here, maybe worth a try  :)
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 18:45:59 PM »
they love pouches but i just dont see the point in me paying more when they will go through them quicker and when i cant recycle them

Can you find foil trays they like, it always comes down to having to stomach the cost, stock up when on offer. At least the trays can be recycled  ;D
I have 8 on a mainly wet diet so go through a lot, the only tins they all like are yarrah but they are more expensive than what your currently getting, zooplus have whacked alot of prices up since i last ordered so over a £1 a tin now.

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2009, 12:08:10 PM »
they love pouches but i just dont see the point in me paying more when they will go through them quicker and when i cant recycle them

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2009, 12:03:15 PM »
I dont use it,  but my friend does and her cats love it,  Waitrose own tins of cat food,  might be worth a go.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 12:02:26 PM »
tbh I'm in the same boat myself lol I'm trying to get three to all eat the same and failing everytime!

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 12:01:07 PM »
we found that it goes off very quickly same with kitekat plus they wont eat classic i dont mind paying that little bit more but its finding something they will eat they werent to bothered with the PAH tin i tried them on

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 09:04:27 AM »
good luck Kally, I've never found a tin my lot will eat - doesn't Desley use one called classic

Offline Kally

• Distinguished Cat
Wet food
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 21:42:06 PM »
I need help we only give ours food in the evening (helps get them in for the evening) but they are getting bored of whiskas and felix but we need tins of the same size and roughly same price but were having trouble finding ones that they would like to eat can anyone tell me what i could give them they are not taking to any shops own brand and we need to keep to 400g tins as we go through one of them a day and i have found that smaller tins/pouches/trays are too expensive can anyone give any help me?

Link to CatChat