Author Topic: Missing Mum?  (Read 2125 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: Missing Mum?
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 07:47:00 AM »
Dave has always done this and he now has possession of one of my blankets as he'll suck and knead and purr away with it for ages. Just ask Bonnielass! I even have videos of him doing it. Not so sweet when they're trying to sook on your ear though! :naughty:

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 19:29:45 PM »
Rajah was 14 weeks when he left his mum so I don't think he has issues :Crazy: I hope.....!  :naughty:  Anyway, he's not bothered with me boobs today at all which is good.  Possibly coz I had a high necked shirt on and they were hidden from view.  Yesterdays blouse was a bit low cut.  Who said what about perv? :rofl: :cccooorrr:
Pam

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 15:54:15 PM »
lots of cats do this - kittens knead their mother's side to encourage milk to flow - I have a pedigree who came to me at 14 weeks and he still kneads my mohair blanket for ages at a time, so it isn't just kittens who left their mum too early

you wait until you've got a woolly jumper on - Rajah will really get to work on you then  :sneaky:

I agree with that as my Yagga was the last kitten to leave his mum and he still at aged 3 and a half yrs does this to me!  :Luv2:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 15:03:34 PM »
Zephyr, my 7 year old Aby boy, sits on my lap facing me with his paws on my chest and kneads away like a thing possessed while purring like a tractor .... I think he just likes the "sqidgyness"  :innocent:

I wouldn't worry about it .... I don't think you've got youself a little perv!  :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 16:43:21 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 14:44:07 PM »
Well, at least it's not abnormal behaviour.  He's such a sweetie.   Could do with a woolly jumper today, it's a bit cool up here in Scotland.
Pam

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 14:08:35 PM »
lots of cats do this - kittens knead their mother's side to encourage milk to flow - I have a pedigree who came to me at 14 weeks and he still kneads my mohair blanket for ages at a time, so it isn't just kittens who left their mum too early

you wait until you've got a woolly jumper on - Rajah will really get to work on you then  :sneaky:
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 13:52:46 PM »
He's not tried it again since then, so maybe it's a one off.  He is such a little gem -  Maybe that was his way of physically trying to wiggle into my heart. ;D
Pam

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 13:37:12 PM »
our torti Amber will latch on to an earlobe at any given moment given half a chance and she is around 8 years old!!  He will probably grow out of it but Amber does show all the signs of a kittie taken from mum too soon

Offline nutzy

• Adult Cat
Missing Mum?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 13:34:32 PM »
Yesterday Rajah was on the window sill in the passage destroying his kitty grass when I happened along and stopped to give him a pat.  He meowed and put his paw on the front of my blouse and gently head butted me.  Next minute he had his head down the front of my top and started kneading away at my front.  Seconds later he started gently mouthing at my skin.  I pushed him firmly away, but he wanted to come back.  I then picked him up and distracted him with his ball.  Is he missing his mum?  It was quite sweet in a bit of a disturbing way.   :-[
Pam

Link to CatChat